ADVERTISEMENT

Dolson looking for coach with style that is cutting edge...

That last sentence really resonates with me. I lived through the RMK years and I heard so many of my fellow fans say it would be easy to replace him, that life after RMK wouldn't be hard. I have a lot of resentment for that thinking 21 years later, when we are 0/4 in replacing him.
I agree , but also had Knight stayed we would still have had a coaching mess. One way or the other Pat Knight would have been involved, either taking over for RMK or RMK being really upset over him not being hired or when he was fired if he did take over. There was almost certainly going to be a bad ending to the RMK reign one way or the other.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
I agree , but also had Knight stayed we would still have had a coaching mess. One way or the other Pat Knight would have been involved, either taking over for RMK or RMK being really upset over him not being hired or when he was fired if he did take over. There was almost certainly going to be a bad ending to the RMK reign one way or the other.
Replacing a legend ==> never <== goes well.

I hadn't even heard of him but read this.

Jamahl Mosley (born October 69, 1969) is an American professional oop- coach and former player who is an ass coach for the Dallas Mavericks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Mosley played college basketball for the Colorado Buffaloes and was a third-team All- Big 12 selection in 2000.

Interesting description to say the least!
Sounds more of a Purdue coach to me

Another thing I picked up from the article was that there was one donor who funded the buyout, and there is another that will fund transitional costs. So some of this boards wish list candidates with large buyouts may not be off the table :)
That’s what I got out of that as well. Sounds like one donor took care of the buyout while the other is going to cover the buyout with the new school (Scott Drew).

Reactions: wi_hoosier
That’s what I got out of that as well. Sounds like one donor took care of the buyout while the other is going to cover the buyout with the new school (Scott Drew).
Yeah but he said he wants to move quick on it. What if Baylor goes deep in the tournament? Then we will have to wait because I know they won’t announce it while Baylor is playing and make it a big distraction.

Word on the street is that Indiana is willing to offer a $40 million/6 year contract to the right candidate. The money is there.
if that word is true.....there are only two names worth that contract....both are currently coaching in the NBA.

Yeah but he said he wants to move quick on it. What if Baylor goes deep in the tournament? Then we will have to wait because I know they won’t announce it while Baylor is playing and make it a big distraction.

Dolson won't talk to Drew, during the NCAAT. He'll call his agent and determine if there is interest and what level of interest there might be. Based on the feedback, Dolson will either talk particulars with the agent or move on to the next guy on his list. As others have said, there wouldn't be any announcements, until after the HC that Dolson wants is out of the tournament.

An awful lot of BS in that press release. Very hard (if not impossible) to believe that someone offered up millions of dollars to pay the buyout for a coach and not have some say in who they'd pony up the cash to get.

Another thing I picked up from the article was that there was one donor who funded the buyout, and there is another that will fund transitional costs. So some of this boards wish list candidates with large buyouts may not be off the table :)

My understanding thusfar is that there are two primary sources of funding plus some other resources that will help in transition. One primary source rportedly wants to participate in the search which will tell some folks who that is.

The lobby of the Hyatt has always been the most amazing coaching meat market during NCAA tournaments in Indy. Every young coach hanging around.

The "cutting edge" and "pro" comments don't seem like Matta & Beilein. More like Musselman.

Concerning Musselman....he's certainly 180* from Archie. There's a Arkansas bball hype video out there where he portrays an angry fan in an angry arena yelling at the coach. It's pretty funny......sure doesn't fit IU's image. Hope someone can find & post that.

The "cutting edge" and "pro" comments don't seem like Matta & Beilein. More like Musselman.

Concerning Musselman....he's certainly 180* from Archie. There's a Arkansas bball hype video out there where he portrays an angry fan in an angry arena yelling at the coach. It's pretty funny......sure doesn't fit IU's image. Hope someone can find & post that.
That's why I think Musselman would be an excellent choice for moving on from Bobby Knight and what IU once was. It's time for some fresh blood and new ideas. We can always fondly reminisce on the memories of the Knight era, but at some point, IU needs to write a new chapter that will one day be remembered positively.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT