ADVERTISEMENT

Does your favorite music reveal your political beliefs?

Jesus, people.

Do you tell your dates what's wrong with thier ta-tas?

STFU and listen to what you like and STOP TRYING TO LABEL EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY.

If its got some soul, its good.
S'all you need to know.

Fun fact, Betts’ son tours with a band I used to love named Dawes. I say used to love because they’ve gone from Laurel Canyon rock to soft ass stuff. It coincided with the lead singer marrying Mandy Moore. That now counts two of my favorite artists having had their music ruined by marrying her.

#ThanksMandy
Lmao! I don’t care. I still like ryan adams’ music

Sonny Landreth fretting behind the slide. Not political, but dripping with the pesky "multiculturalism" so despised by true Mercuns.

Reactions: StelioKontos
The poll is interesting and it's great and all, but how can I lend credence to something that completely fails to recognize this good old Whig party favorite? It's practically common knowledge that Zachary Taylor, and before him, William Henry Harrison, used to gather round on the regular downing bottles of Robitussin where'd they robotrip out of their gourds to this shit. All the history books say.

Who do you think pioneered the whole robotrip craze? The Whig party, that's who. What; you think people only started housing copious amounts of Dextromethorphan back in the 90's? Pffft. Think again. Try the 40's...the 1840's.

You think it's a coincidence that Harrison only served exactly one month in office before suddenly kicking the bucket simply because he just happened to catch a cold? Yeah, he caught a cold all right. And he tried treating it with buckets of Robitussin, tripping out to this stuff. That's what did him in. And the whole posthumous change of death diagnosis to septic shock caused from "enteric fever" (whatever the fu*k that is) that the doc's slapped on him...PLEASE. Classic roboptrip death. Textbook really.

And as for fellow Whig party president, 9 years Harrison's successor in office, Zach "the maniac" Taylor? You think his brief year and 4 month tenure in office 'til death did him part was also some mere coincidence? Nnnnnope. So I'm sure it was the profuse amounts of "raw fruit and iced milk" he consumed, which caused him to fall gravely ill and die just a handful a days later, to which his death was ambiguously attributed to as an "unknown digestive ailment". I mean, c'mon, gimme a break. Nah, couldn't have been that good old Whig party party favorite - a whole lotta tussin with the tussin' sauce - that did it. Dude was a Whig party member tried and true. Robotrip. No doubt. No hesitation.

I know. Mind blown, right?

Anyhow, didn't mean to go all Jon Meacham on you guys with the history lesson. Back to what I was originally saying: the Whig party folk - including the 9th and 12th presidents of the United States - they used to to listen to this type of shit all the time. I dunno. Kinda weird if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
The poll is interesting and it's great and all, but how can I lend credence to something that completely fails to recognize this good old Whig party favorite? It's practically common knowledge that Zachary Taylor, and before him, William Henry Harrison, used to gather round on the regular downing bottles of Robitussin where'd they robotrip out of their gourds to this shit. All the history books say.

Who do you think pioneered the whole robotrip craze? The Whig party, that's who. What; you think people only started housing copious amounts of Dextromethorphan back in the 90's? Pffft. Think again. Try the 40's...the 1840's.

You think it's a coincidence that Harrison only served exactly one month in office before suddenly kicking the bucket simply because he just happened to catch a cold? Yeah, he caught a cold all right. And he tried treating it with buckets of Robitussin, tripping out to this stuff. That's what did him in. And the whole posthumous change of death diagnosis to septic shock caused from "enteric fever" (whatever the fu*k that is) that the doc's slapped on him...PLEASE. Classic roboptrip death. Textbook really.

And as for fellow Whig party president, 9 years Harrison's successor in office, Zach "the maniac" Taylor? You think his brief year and 4 month tenure in office 'til death did him part was also some mere coincidence? Nnnnnope. So I'm sure it was the profuse amounts of "raw fruit and iced milk" he consumed, which caused him to fall gravely ill and die just a handful a days later, to which his death was ambiguously attributed to as an "unknown digestive ailment". I mean, c'mon, gimme a break. Nah, couldn't have been that good old Whig party party favorite - a whole lotta tussin with the tussin' sauce - that did it. Dude was a Whig party member tried and true. Robotrip. No doubt. No hesitation.

I know. Mind blown, right?

Anyhow, didn't mean to go all Jon Meacham on you guys with the history lesson. Back to what I was originally saying: the Whig party folk - including the 9th and 12th presidents of the United States - they used to to listen to this type of shit all the time. I dunno. Kinda weird if you ask me.

"Oh, it's not the speed really so much, I just wish I hadn't drunk all that cough syrup this morning".

screenshot-med-03.jpg

Concur .....

It's an exceptional arrangement that has a little bit of every American musical style in it. Most underrated band in history ..
I’m thinking the above needs to be cross-tabulated with choice of habit.

Favorite genres:

Whether you’re a Democrat, Republican, or Independent, the top two genres are classic rock and then pop. This is heartening—some things we do agree on. Going down the list there are differences, sure, but still…
Tasteful-Tunes.jpg

To Trump or not to Trump
KISS or Beyoncé? They’re the #2 artists on both sides of this question, with recent events casting doubt on #1 as shown.

White_House_Blues.jpg

Legalization of marijuana:

Devil's_Lettuce.jpg

Gun control:

Right_to_Bear_Beats.jpg

A border wall:

Another_Brick_in_the_Wall.jpg

https://bigthink.com/robby-berman/are-our-politics-revealed-by-our-favorite-music-infographics
This thread became amazing after it started wandering all over the place.

I was reading news articles like this one this morning.

And Trump's travel plans made me think of this song. And, no I don't think it's authentic country. I also think the devil won the battle of the bands in the song.

Can I take this thread in a little different direction? Over the years I have noticed is that my musical tastes aren't influenced by the Political views of the Musician. I say that with the understanding that most musicians, and for that matter most creative arts people tend to be liberal.

I am certainly a Political Conservative. However, I am big fans of Jackson Browne, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, and Hall and Oates. Obviously Jackson Browne and members of the Eagles have been involved in some Social causes that I would not favor. Jackson Browne, and maybe a lesser extent the Eagles incorporate some of their beliefs into their music and lyrics which is fine. If these people want to publicly support Causes or Candidates I don't favor, fine that is their choice.

Where I will draw the line is if I pay good money for Concert Tickets and the Performer wastes my time preaching to me about their Beliefs. That is not what I invested my Money and Time to see.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
The American version of antifa started in the punk music scene of the 70's and 80's. Not as an organization of course because it isn't one but the punk music scene (US and British) was split into two factions: Nazis (skinheads) and Antifa (non racists). They basically borrowed the name ..

Not safe for fragile ears ....

I am Governor Gavin N
My aura smiles, I'm always thin
Soon I will be president

Trumpster power will soon go 'way
I will be Führer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will never see the school
Your kids will never see the school

ADVERTISEMENT