ADVERTISEMENT

Does IU keep Crean on principle?

I certainly don't have any inside "sources" that have Glass's phone tapped and have heard a definitive answer straight from Fred's mouth. I can guarantee you no one else does either because that doesn't exist. Zero chance Fred has told anyone a definitive answer. That would be incredibly unprofessional.

What I do know is the pulse of the boosters and the level of pressure Glass is receiving. That I know very well. That's what I've based my claims off of. Not some mysterious "source"...whatever that means.
Well we will soon see what Fred is made of. My guess is he is trying to help crean find a job so he can avoid firing him.

Well we will soon see what Fred is made of. My guess is he is trying to help crean find a job so he can avoid firing him.

i would be surprised if crean/glass have even had this conversation. they both think this season is an anomaly. it actually may be. crean isn't going anywhere especially on his own. he loves iu.

oh and cheyenne agrees with them...don't fret...

Last edited:
From what the insiders have been saying on the other site, Glass does want to part ways with Crean but only when it is amicable. That is, when Tom is able to find another job that he deems worthy. If Crean can't find another job then Glass is likely to bring him back. It sounds completely ridiculous but Crean's career prospects are a factor here. We can't make Tom look bad apparently. The fact that he's won nothing and that we've paid him almost $30M is meaningless. The fanbase needs to revolt if things go down this way and it costs us Donovan. That's the Indiana athletic department for you. I really don't know how these guys find their way into work in the morning.
If nobody else wants him, why would Glass want him back?

If Glass keeps Crean another year and we have the season we expect, that will fall on Glass for not properly evaluating the condition of the program. Glass and Crean could both be fired. If Glass feels this, is he willing to put his job on the line for a chance Crean pulls off an unlikely season next year?

Hire Chris Reynolds and let him find us a coach!

Reactions: ZildjianZLine
I keep reading about the 2 conf titles in 4 years, 3 sweet 16s in five. Does IU keep Crean because it can't fire the reigning B10 COY? Even with another really tough year looming?

i guess it would be an IU thing to do...i'm falling back into the depressed camp. he stays with no extension.

Is there a principle about not firing a COY one year removed? Who confers the subjective COY moniker, the sports media? Danny "Click Bait" Dakich? Conference coaches? Quick speculation: the tournament selection committee, which uses performance trending, numbers, and objective grading criteria would not have voted Crean as B1G COY.

If Fred has an ounce of critical thinking ability, he's not giving much weight to a COY award given in a year when the B1G was the 4th or 5th best conference.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
is the issue. Remember that the FB and men's BB programs and Big10
TV share support all of the money losing sports such as men's and
women's tennis, track & field etc

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
is the issue. Remember that the FB and men's BB programs and Big10
TV share support all of the money losing sports such as men's and
women's tennis, track & field etc

How specifically is money the issue in reference to Crean's retention or release?

If Glass keeps Crean another year and we have the season we expect, that will fall on Glass for not properly evaluating the condition of the program. Glass and Crean could both be fired. If Glass feels this, is he willing to put his job on the line for a chance Crean pulls off an unlikely season next year?

Fred bought in big time to we're back. He is tied to crean at the hip and that massive contract is Freds doing .He will not fire crean period. The hope is crean leaves on his own but honestly I'd say it's at least a 50% he is back. Part of me thinks Fred thinks this season is an outlier.

Did Pat Shoulders ever call you back?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT