ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have Don Fischers call of the end of the Purdue game yesterday?

The tunein broadcast stopped before the end so I didnt hear Fish either. It was close enough to the end I just turned up the volume on the tv. Would love to hear it.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
He must have nerves of steel. His call is unwavering, professional and without the emotions of the moment. Of course he is a professional, and his call should be expertly conducted.

It blows my mind because I rant and rave, my nerves were shot and I get emotional. I only display these emotions watching iu football, nothing else comes close.

He must have nerves of steel. His call is unwavering, professional and without the emotions of the moment. Of course he is a professional, and his call should be expertly conducted.

It blows my mind because I rant and rave, my nerves were shot and I get emotional. I only display these emotions watching iu football, nothing else comes close.

He's professional (although he can be a homer at times as all good home radio announcers are), but you can instantly tell how the game is going when you tune in just by the tone of his voice and whether we're up/down or playing well/poorly.

The best broadcasters do call games with emotion.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
I grew to love IU football listening to Don Fisher on the radio. Prior to the BTN network there were many games that would not be televised so radio was the only way to get the game.

Dad had season tickets ... so I was at every home game from 1974-1997 or so...when I left B-Town on a glorious corporate adventure. Dad would take the family out into the yard every away game to work...with a radio tuned to 1370 so we could listen to the game....great memories.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT