ADVERTISEMENT

Dodgers create special section for fans that are vaccinated

Tell that to the Giants fan that almost got murdered outside of Chavez Ravine. He still needs to use a walker.
No idea. All I know is the Dodgers fans I was around were awesome. Maybe like 99% of police are fantastic, but then you come across the guy in Minneapolis.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Especially after being vaccinated. These people have lost their minds.
No. We follow the rules and don’t have a tantrum about doing the best we can as Americans to end the pandemic as quickly as possible.

I realize your goal is to “own the libs”, but you’re just kicking the can down the road. Trumpsters at jus sad, pathetic, people who love to wave the flag, but have no interest in actual sympathy for their fellow citizen.

No. We follow the rules and don’t have a tantrum about doing the best we can as Americans to end the pandemic as quickly as possible.

I realize your goal is to “own the libs”, but you’re just kicking the can down the road. Trumpsters at jus sad, pathetic, people who love to wave the flag, but have no interest in actual sympathy for their fellow citizen.
Maybe instead of pointing your finger at "Trumpsters" for their lack of sympathy, maybe you should point your thumb at yourself for ignorance on this issue.
"Follow the science" is what the Jelly Belly governor of your fair state has repeatedly claimed. Well the science is not on your side.

Maybe instead of pointing your finger at "Trumpsters" for their lack of sympathy, maybe you should point your thumb at yourself for ignorance on this issue.
"Follow the science" is what the Jelly Belly governor of your fair state has repeatedly claimed. Well the science is not on your side.

If fauci told them to line up tomorrow for one of the 15 million doses of contaminated vaccines they’d do it in a heartbeat. They refuse to think for themselves. They blindly rely on their party line and miss the irony in accusing “trumpers” of same

Reactions: F.Fletch
If fauci told them to line up tomorrow for one of the 15 million doses of contaminated vaccines they’d do it in a heartbeat. They refuse to think for themselves. They blindly rely on their party line and miss the irony in accusing “trumpers” of same
The telling part is he thinks wearing a mask after vaccination is sympathy for your fellow human.

It’s just theatre, adults playing dress up so Karen doesn’t get mad.

The telling part is he thinks wearing a mask after vaccination is sympathy for your fellow human.

Adult children playing dress up outside. But if they keep it up they may get that family bbq on the 4th of July in calif/ill!!!

In the meantime fla is enjoying life and keeping their kids out of nervous hospitals. I guess their science is worse, despite most of its population minorities and old people. Hmmmm

It doesn't take this country long to start separating and discriminating against folks. It is what our govt. has been based on for the last 50 years since people like Gestapo Joe have been part of the govt. Probably before too.

I gladly attended opening day with 40k other fans for the Rangers in their new stadium. What a fun day it was.

Adult children playing dress up outside. But if they keep it up they may get that family bbq on the 4th of July in calif/ill!!!

In the meantime fla is enjoying life and keeping their kids out of nervous hospitals. I guess their science is worse, despite most of its population minorities and old people. Hmmmm
Speaking of Florida, decided to move east down the Gulf shore from Destin to Mexico Beach for the next trip with the wife. It has built back from Hurricane Michael in 2018, which actually hit on another trip we took to Destin, and Mexico Beach was the epicenter of the landfall.
Looking forward to a less travelled area.

Speaking of Florida, decided to move east down the Gulf shore from Destin to Mexico Beach for the next trip with the wife. It has built back from Hurricane Michael in 2018, which actually hit on another trip we took to Destin, and Mexico Beach was the epicenter of the landfall.
When are you going? Let me know what you think. I’ve never been there. Been to destin and agree it will probably be crazy this summer.

Mexico Beach is a dump, you'll love it.

When are you going? Let me know what you think. I’ve never been there. Been to destin and agree it will probably be crazy this summer.
In the past, we tended to go to Destin in the fall, and St. Pete in the spring (fall is better weather on north gulf shore, and spring is better further south...at least IMO).
We are going early in June. I'll let you know.

Yeah. But I'm an elitist without elitist means, so maybe I belong there.

The Breakers or bust.
i lived a half mile from there on the wrong side of the intracoastal. would have drinks there a couple times a week for years

Were you in favor of the J&J vaccine "pause" with I guess now ~15 clotting cases, one death, out of 8,000,000 vaccinated? That's 0.0001875% who had clotting. 0.0000125% who died.

It's super-cautious, but seems reasonable to study the issue a bit more. 0.0001875% is tiny, but it isn't zero.

Now let's consider those getting vaccinated and the recommendation as to whether they should wear masks when they are near those who might not be vacccinated. We will make some assumptions that, I hope, make sense. We'll be conservative in those assumptions.

Let's say your vaccine is 94% effective from ever having enough virus in you to test positive. That's clinal data from Pfizer & Moderna, so it seems reasonable.

Let's assume that if you are one of the unlucky vaccinated ones and get it anyway, that it will be mild. Your viral load will be low, and your transmission "R number" is going to be lower than the normal unvaccinated population (which is roughy R= 1.2-1.5, meaning, a positive person gives it to 1.2-1.5 other people).

Let's assume your R number is EXTREMELY low, say R=0.1. That means you have a 10% chance of passing it on to one and only one person.

Let's assume a 0.1% chance of death for those infected secondarily. It is surely higher than that, but let's be ridiculously conservative in our assumptions, a best of all possible worlds, if you will.

Let's further assume that regular mask wearing will cut the R value in half. Most studies suggest it does more, but let's be conservative.

Now let's crunch the numbers.

80 million Americans are vaccinated.

6% = 4.8 million of them might still get COVID, at least enough to a level to test positive.

R=0.1 means 480,000 other people are infected by these unlucky vaccinated carriers.

0.1% chance of death means that 4,800 people die, even if nobody vaccinated dies.

Wearing masks, by our 50% assumption, would mean that only half of those die, or 2,400

Bottom line: Mask wearing, in this model, saved 2,400 lives. We paused J&J after one person died. That was wise. It is because medicine is cautious about human life.

It makes sense and isn't that complicated. Even CO.H. could probably do the math.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
Were you in favor of the J&J vaccine "pause" with I guess now ~15 clotting cases, one death, out of 8,000,000 vaccinated? That's 0.0001875% who had clotting. 0.0000125% who died.

It's super-cautious, but seems reasonable to study the issue a bit more. 0.0001875% is tiny, but it isn't zero.

Now let's consider those getting vaccinated and the recommendation as to whether they should wear masks when they are near those who might not be vacccinated. We will make some assumptions that, I hope, make sense. We'll be conservative in those assumptions.

Let's say your vaccine is 94% effective from ever having enough virus in you to test positive. That's clinal data from Pfizer & Moderna, so it seems reasonable.

Let's assume that if you are one of the unlucky vaccinated ones and get it anyway, that it will be mild. Your viral load will be low, and your transmission "R number" is going to be lower than the normal unvaccinated population (which is roughy R= 1.2-1.5, meaning, a positive person gives it to 1.2-1.5 other people).

Let's assume your R number is EXTREMELY low, say R=0.1. That means you have a 10% chance of passing it on to one and only one person.

Let's assume a 0.1% chance of death for those infected secondarily. It is surely higher than that, but let's be ridiculously conservative in our assumptions, a best of all possible worlds, if you will.

Let's further assume that regular mask wearing will cut the R value in half. Most studies suggest it does more, but let's be conservative.

Now let's crunch the numbers.

80 million Americans are vaccinated.

6% = 4.8 million of them might still get COVID, at least enough to a level to test positive.

R=0.1 means 480,000 other people are infected by these unlucky vaccinated carriers.

0.1% chance of death means that 4,800 people die, even if nobody vaccinated dies.

Wearing masks, by our 50% assumption, would mean that only half of those die, or 2,400

Bottom line: Mask wearing, in this model, saved 2,400 lives. We paused J&J after one person died. That was wise. It is because medicine is cautious about human life.

It makes sense and isn't that complicated. Even CO.H. could probably do the math.
With all do respect shooter, this is moronic.

The math follows. The assumption that regular mask wearing is 50% effective is moronic. Especially outside at a baseball game.

The idea that you’re willing to make broad societal concessions because you have a homemade model based on bogus assumptions is what makes you a moron.

Logically, if it is proven that masks do resuce transmission to some degree you could make a similar model for the regular flu. I.e. mask every flu season for eternity even if vaccinated

You are a moron with no sense of reality, respectfully.

And yes the J&J pause was stupid.

Reactions: F.Fletch
Is it really?
It really was the next year after the hurricane. It would be interesting to see it now.
Destin is really beautiful too... I like Panama City also as far as the beaches because they aren't as crowded... at least when I've been there.

With all do respect shooter, this is moronic.

The math follows. The assumption that regular mask wearing is 50% effective is moronic. Especially outside at a baseball game.

The idea that you’re willing to make broad societal concessions because you have a homemade model based on bogus assumptions is what makes you a moron.

Logically, if it is proven that masks do resuce transmission to some degree you could make a similar model for the regular flu. I.e. mask every flu season for eternity even if vaccinated

You are a moron with no sense of reality, respectfully.

Or a typical shrivel dicked liberal with zero risk appetite. Don’t leave the house buddy.

And yes the J&J pause was stupid.

And I know the personal attacks are uncalled for, but Shooter sat there with a straight face and tried to build a mathematical model advocating masking for the vaccinated.

These people are a menace to society and need to be shouted down loudly and maliciously. Otherwise they may not change, public shaming is the way.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Do you play with my little pony dolls?

Just wondering ...

An adult would keep track of posts. I was explaining dodgers fans might be nice on aggregate but they beat a man to within an inch of his life a few years ago.
Yeah, FedEx employees are great for the most part, but one just mowed down 8 people. Most police are fantastic, but one was just convicted of murder.

See how that works?

... you have a homemade model based on bogus assumptions is what makes you a moron.
where can I get a store-bought model to replace my homemade one?

Bogus assumptions? I said that they were assumptions, told you EXACTLY what they were, and showed how they were very conservative, a "best of all possible worlds" in my best French/Candide accent...

But, I will grant you that I way underestimate the death toll. And I am not specifically talking about the mask wearing at Dodger stadium, but instead to the general directive about vaccinated people wearing masks when in close contact, indoors, with other people who might not be vaccinated.

You like to blather and name call, but it seems that is to compensate for a lack of an ability to analyze a pretty straightforward scenario and a reasonable model to explain science-based behavioral guidelines.

If anyone here is a moron, I suspect it might be you. Well, Lucy of course, too. And COH. Geesh, I am going to leave out some morons and offend them!

In the past, we tended to go to Destin in the fall, and St. Pete in the spring (fall is better weather on north gulf shore, and spring is better further south...at least IMO).
We are going early in June. I'll let you know.

October is best month to be in Destin. Summer is hot and crowded and hellish. But October, post up at AJ's with copious amounts of beer and shrimp, and watch the fishing rodeo hauls come in on the docks.

Can't imagine there are much of any similarities between Destin and Mexico Beach..... other than the beaches themselves.

October is best month to be in Destin. Summer is hot and crowded and hellish. But October, post up at AJ's with copious amounts of beer and shrimp, and watch the fishing rodeo hauls come in on the docks.

Can't imagine there are much of any similarities between Destin and Mexico Beach..... other than the beaches themselves.
That whole Harbor Walk area was okay, but got to be a little much after awhile. Like I was telling mcm once, i used to love the Grayton Beach area, but now it’s way commercial.
I’m hoping Mexico Beach reminds me of the way Grayton used to be.

That whole Harbor Walk area was okay, but got to be a little much after awhile. Like I was telling mcm once, i used to love the Grayton Beach area, but now it’s way commercial.

I agree with you....I prefer a lot less commercial areas. The 30A region east of Destin has a lot of cool beach communities.

Looking forward to a report back. Fla is running out of authentic old beach towns

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT