ADVERTISEMENT

Do you want to know what happened at our capital on 1/6/21?

We're having a meeting later tonight in group chat to decide if we should ban you just here or if that banning should extend to the Purdue board also.

You'll have our decision tomorrow morning.
Wait, there are people on here who visit the Purdue board? Hell, I graduated from Purdue and even I won't venture over to that cesspool of a board.

At least it's not the Ohio State board.
What's funny is, many of the subscribing regulars on this free board, won't play regularly on the pay board. They encounter people/posters just like them, & can't handle the insanity, rudeness & idiocy, so they come here to make trouble for the non subscribers. :O They don't play well with their own kind. : O :O Yikes, misfits.

Right big brother. :) Do as you wish, if I want to play here, I'll just get more names, like everyone else does. :) If you wanted a clean/realistic/entertaining board & information exchange, you wouldn't constantly threaten to ban posters, but just the ones who keep using multiple names at the same time.

George Orwell

What's funny is, many of the subscribing regulars on this free board, won't play regularly on the pay board. They encounter people/posters just like them, & can't handle the insanity, rudeness & idiocy, so they come here to make trouble for the non subscribers. :O They don't play well with their own kind. : O :O Yikes, misfits.

Right big brother. :) Do as you wish, if I want to play here, I'll just get more names, like everyone else does. :) If you wanted a clean/realistic/entertaining board & information exchange, you wouldn't constantly threaten to ban posters, but just the ones who keep using multiple names at the same time.

George Orwell
Exhibit A

You are here to antagonize.

You aren’t smart.

You aren’t clever.

You are here to intentionally annoy people and are proud of it.

At the core, every post you make is a lie, because you just want to piss someone off.

Your silly “many names” “ban me” and ”Purdue board“ schtick is less than even the original internet 4th graders who responded to everything with “I had sex with your mother.”

You are just a fool and a jester.

Bye.

Exhibit A

You aren’t smart.

You aren’t clever.

At the core, every post you make is a lie, because you just want to piss someone off.

Your silly “many names” “ban me” and ”Purdue board“ schtick is less than even the original internet 4th graders who responded to everything with “I had sex with your mother.”

Bye.
What do you expect from a guy who uses the screen name that is a sort of kinda attempt at a backwards version of IUHillBilly who can't really pull it off?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: billyhillui
Exhibit A

You aren’t smart.

You aren’t clever.

Bye.
You are on this board, because you can't handle the posters on the pay board. :)

You can dish it out on this board, but get your head handed to you on the pay board.

Your team is in straight jackets, with pink padded walls, & no sharp objects. :)

Stay out of the kitchen/pay board

Chef Billy

He's done it on every board too.
Peegs built his board through interaction with posters. Moderators were regulars posters who participated in the discussions.

New ownership thinks publishing stories and podcasts is the way to go, and moderators are less “moderator” and more poster.

Buzz (RIP) was a pompous jerk, but he at least took out the trash occasionally.

What do you expect from a guy who uses the screen name is a sort of kinda attempt at a backwards version of IUHillBilly who can't really pull it off?
If you had any stones, you'd try this act on the pay board. They eat you alive over there. :)

Somebody's mad again. :)

Junior, treat others how you wish to be treated. This board, is why you can't survive on the pay board. :)

Grow up, your team is institutionalized, for life

Warden Bill

Peegs built his board through interaction with posters. Moderators were regulars posters who participated in the discussions.

New ownership thinks publishing stories and podcasts is the way to go, and moderators are less “moderator” and more poster.

Buzz (RIP) was a pompous jerk, but he at least took out the trash occasionally.
How'd he miss you? :O

You are here on the free board, because you can't handle head cases like yourself on the pay board.

You don't play well with your own kind. :)

You can dish it out, but not take it. :)

Sweet dreams

:)

Which name over there are you referring to?

So you've never posted on that board? :)

..., yep, & it's snowing outside, look.

:O
I have not posted over there (the Purdue general board) for at least 5 years. It's probably been over a year since I posted on the football or basketball board.

I have never used another name on any Rivals board. I've been Noodle, and only Noodle, on these boards for over 20 years.

As far as banishments, I was given a two-week timeout on here once over 10 years ago (by Buzz). I think that's the only time, but I could be forgetting one other time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: billyhillui
As far as banishments, I was given a two-week timeout on here once over 10 years ago (by Buzz). I think that's the only time, but I could be forgetting one other time.

Buzz was before my time, but from what I've seen of you in the years I've been here that's hard to fathom. Were you that much different then, or was Buzz that hard core?

Buzz was before my time, but from what I've seen of you in the years I've been here that's hard to fathom. Were you that much different then, or was Buzz that hard core?
Yes.

Edit to add: 90% of what is posted on this board now would have been zapped in the Buzz days. No posting links without your own commentary. No one off ad hominem or cheerleading shots. He went over the top with the delete and ban hammer in my opinion, but the level of discourse was such that several posters on this board now would not have any of their posts last longer than a few hours back then. And I mean that, for several posters zero of their "content" would make it a full day.

Buzz was a moderator's moderator. Not only did he believe that this place could be a venue for genuine discussion (I agree), he also believed he had the power to make it happen (not so sure about that).

Reactions: UncleMark
Buzz was a moderator's moderator. Not only did he believe that this place could be a venue for genuine discussion (I agree), he also believed he had the power to make it happen (not so sure about that).
Still trying to imagine Noodle posting something that would get him a vacay.

He also had a hell of a lot more to work with back then. There were lots of good posters

Still trying to imagine Noodle posting something that would get him a vacay.
Buzz could be a prick if anyone called him out, which I did. He banished me to try to put me in my place, or at least where he thought my place should be. I think I still have our email exchange on the whole thing.

Buzz could be a prick if anyone called him out, which I did. He banished me to try to put me in my place, or at least where he thought my place should be. I think I still have our email exchange on the whole thing.
To be fair to Buzz, we really did have some good discussions when he was in charge. He was an arrogant prick, for sure, but this forum was a lot better back then.

Edit: Most of you won't get how ironic it is that I post this, but @NPT and @Cajun54 will.

He probably refused to put his email address in his signature or something like that. Buzz had a lot of rules.

Probably best I wasn't here then, then. I'm not actually a fan of moderation, but understand how it can be necessary. This format makes it almost mandatory. Thread view is so much more like Usenet, where you can avoid going down rabbit holes simply by seeing who's posting in that part of the thread.

Reactions: DANC
Probably best I wasn't here then, then. I'm not actually a fan of moderation, but understand how it can be necessary. This format makes it almost mandatory. Thread view is so much more like Usenet, where you can avoid going down rabbit holes simply by seeing who's posting in that part of the thread.
Topic view was the single worst thing that ever happened to this place. Not even a close second.

Peegs went to shit after they got rid of thread view.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT