ADVERTISEMENT

Do you, or someone you love, suffer from Foxitis?

We will just have to disagree here. I think all 24 hour channels are mostly garbage. I don’t watch any of them. But Fox is in its own place as a party propaganda machine. It’s gotten much worse in that regard with Trump.
You can disagree all you want. That doesn’t make it untrue.

The networks I mentioned are just as bad or worse than Fox.

Except there’s only one Fox.

CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, NPR and others are just as bad in the other direction, only there are a lot more of them.
I would pull CBS, ABC and NPR down a notch or two from CNN which is down a notch from MSNBC on the propaganda scale.

I won't dispute that, but at least she won't look you in the eye and tell you a bald faced lie. A low bar, yes, but one that many other cable news personalities can't clear.
As Coach Mike Ditka of the Chicago Bears once said "Who you crappin'?"

She went on months on end with her Russia stealing the election for Trump conspiracies. National treasure........hardly. Schill for the Democrats, all fracking day long.

Last edited:
Except there’s only one Fox.

CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, NPR and others are just as bad in the other direction, only there are a lot more of them.
Remind me of the last time any of those networks promoted an anti-democratic, anti-American, six month (and counting) destructive and bald-faced lie that a presidential election was rife with fraud and had been stolen.

Remind me of the last time any of those networks promoted an anti-democratic, anti-American, six month (and counting) destructive and bald-faced lie that a presidential election was rife with fraud and had been stolen.
Ummm, Russia, Russia, Russia.

MSNBC, CNN all day, every day.

Good grief.......

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
We will just have to disagree here. I think all 24 hour channels are mostly garbage. I don’t watch any of them. But Fox is in its own place as a party propaganda machine. It’s gotten much worse in that regard with Trump.

There are lines that even MSNBC won't cross. Just ask Keith Olbermann. That's something Fox doesn't concern itself with.

As the Coach Mike Ditka of the Chicago Bears once said "Who you crappin'?"

She went on months on end with her Russia stealing the election for Trump conspiracies. National treasure........hardly. Schill for the Democrats, all fracking day long.
Simple question. When was the last time did Chris Hayes's kid brother take on an elected member of the Democrat party?

or

I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

Simple question. When was the last time did Chris Hayes's kid brother take on an elected member of the Democrat party?

LOL. Tucker busting their chops for not being wacko enough.

I've seen numerous occasions where the MSNBC talking heads are giving Democratic moderates shit for their attempts at "bipartisanship" with the obstructionist Republicans.

LOL. Tucker busting their chops for not being wacko enough.

I've seen numerous occasions where the MSNBC talking heads are giving Democratic moderates shit for their attempts at "bipartisanship" with the obstructionist Republicans.
Not an answer. Nice deflection. You're not very good at this. Try harder. Just one from our "national treasure."

There are lines that even MSNBC won't cross. Just ask Keith Olbermann. That's something Fox doesn't concern itself with.
Is "Reverand" Al still employed there?
Until he is gone, there are no lines MSNBC won't cross.
Stop deluding yourself.

Is "Reverand" Al still employed there?
Until he is gone, there are no lines MSNBC won't cross.
I'm no Al fan, but I don't recall him being on stage at a Hillary or Biden campaign rally while employed by MSNBC.

I'm no Al fan, but I don't recall him being on stage at a Hillary or Biden campaign rally while employed by MSNBC.
So, inciting a riot is ok, but contributing to a campaign is forbidden at MSNBC? Wow...... in your world then Trump outta have Maddow's time slot.

Last edited:
The whole idea of foxitis is partisan. It is meant to say that there is something wrong with someone who has a certain point of view. And then they go to another network where once all they had was the major 3 networks and CNN. How dare they! The left has been doing this stuff for years. If you believe homosexuality is a sin or you don't want to give homosexuals preferential treatment ie special rights you are homophobic. It is a load of hooey.
No the idea of foxitis is what the guy's lawyer is claiming. But we can't talk about that because you are all too weak-minded to do anything other than transform this thread into a food fight over which media is worse.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
No the idea of foxitis is what the guy's lawyer is claiming. But we can't talk about that because you are all too weak-minded to do anything other than transform this thread into a food fight over which media is worse.
This defense is coming up more and more frequently. And I don’t know if it’s a product of desperation bc what else are you going to argue to rebut 8 billion miles of damning video footage but if there are this many people persuaded to behave outrageously by opinion news we’ve got big problems. The dumbing down of America is worse than expected

So people who watch too much Rachel Maddow have Maddow disease?
This post might make sense when someone accused of a crime resorts to using it in court while preparing their defense. You really don't want me to start linking to stories where people definitively blamed Trump for crimes they committed. It'll shake up your whole world view...

What a ridiculous response. “You’re all to dumb to have this conversation. Not me, of course. But I’m really disappointed in all of you.”

Good grief.......
How many “anonymous source” bombshells did the media breathlessly run with only to have it blow up in their faces? Hell, Mueller himself had to refute at least one as being completely untrue.

I don't know if it would have turned them into insurrectionists and traitors, but Fox News did turn my parents into being angry and hateful and credulous when in came to politics. I'm glad they never lived to see the Trump presidency.

IMO the Fox problem is that those who consume Fox News typically only consume Fox News and, maybe more impactful, they tend to watch it all day long. Those I know who watch Fox News turn it on when they wake up and shut it off when they go to bed. They truly have no idea what is going on in the world outside of what Fox News feeds them.
You have described my parents. And Rush was on the radio if they weren't watching TV. It was awful.

The whole idea of foxitis is partisan. It is meant to say that there is something wrong with someone who has a certain point of view. And then they go to another network where once all they had was the major 3 networks and CNN. How dare they! The left has been doing this stuff for years. If you believe homosexuality is a sin or you don't want to give homosexuals preferential treatment ie special rights you are homophobic. It is a load of hooey.

Who is talking about giving homosexuals preferential treatment? Giving them the same rights as everyone else and not letting people discriminate against them is just doing what is morally right.

Agree. There is a big difference between news that focuses more on news that supports the views of one side and news that spends a lot of time flat out lying about the other side.

Last edited:
Foxnews does the same thing as Muslim Imams and other types of propagandists have always done. They prey on the dumb, and the sexually/socially dysfunctional, using lies, gaslighting, and other propaganda techniques to radicalize the malcontent and uneducated into weapons of mass stupidity and chaos.

300lb waddling dumb bombs in red hats with internet access.

This defense is coming up more and more frequently. And I don’t know if it’s a product of desperation bc what else are you going to argue to rebut 8 billion miles of damning video footage but if there are this many people persuaded to behave outrageously by opinion news we’ve got big problems. The dumbing down of America is worse than expected
I call this the Flip Wilson defense. It’s used not just as a defense, but as an excuse for any bad behavior. I’ve posted about this a few times.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Good grief.......
Those networks were correct about Russia. Russia did interfere with the 2016 election in an effort to hurt Clinton and help Trump. A bipartisan Senate committee confirmed it. I guess you missed it.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbr...tisan-senate-report-confirms/?sh=59e10f5ddaec
And maybe you missed this as well, but Clinton called Trump and conceded in the wee hours of the morning immediately following Election Night. She didn't embark on a reckless and dangerous campaign to overturn the election results while insisting that the Republicans stole it from her. She also showed up at Trump's inauguration, and the outgoing Democratic president, her former boss, cooperated in the transition.

Wake up, guy.

The content of this thread itself proves my point.
Yes, the “get help” OP was just begging for an intelligent response. :rolleyes:

I’m not even sure what that would entail, considering it would be a response to something a defense lawyer “known for his bravado and courtroom theatrics” said in defense of his client, according to a HuffPo report.

I guess you’ll just have to make do with this and our promise to continue trying to live up to your expectations.

You have described my parents. And Rush was on the radio if they weren't watching TV. It was awful.
I don’t believe rush wash sincere. I think he adopted a persona akin to Howard stern and cashed in. Not that it matters. His family of lawyers and judges were and are caring gentleman

Last edited:
Yes, the “get help” OP was just begging for an intelligent response. :rolleyes:

I’m not even sure what that would entail, considering it would be a response to something a defense lawyer “known for his bravado and courtroom theatrics” said in defense of his client, according to a HuffPo report.

I guess you’ll just have to make do with this and our promise to continue trying to live up to your expectations.
Pretty telling that you shift blame from your obvious inability to post intelligently to the OP.

Here's an idea: be better. Try to actually post content. Do something more than just whatabouts and calling people idiots. See what happens.

Some of the people you hate won't care. Some will continue to be assholes to you. But some will appreciate the opportunity to engage in actual dialogue.

If you're not interested in actual dialogue, that's fine, too. You're just one more in a large group of trolls here. But don't fool yourself into thinking that anyone doesn't recognize you as just that.

I call this the Flip Wilson defense. It’s used not just as a defense, but as an excuse for any bad behavior. I’ve posted about this a few times.

Yup. I’ve been following some of these cases. Judges prosecutors aren’t playin. Many of these folks are going to be made examples. You know these lawyers thought I’ll tell the prosecutor my guy’s an idiot who just got caught in a moment and the mob got him. How about he pleas to tresspass disorderly whatever. Ain’t happenin with the ones I’m following. There’s going to be a lot of “hey dude I signed up and what you paid for was a plea not a trial.”

I don’t believe rush wash sincere. I think he adopted a persona akin to Howard stern and cashed in. Not that it matters. His family of lawyers and judges were and are caring gentleman
So he was a demagogue AND a fraud? Nice that he came from a good family.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Pretty telling that you shift blame from your obvious inability to post intelligently to the OP.
There’s no intelligent response to be made to that op. And you know that as well as anyone.
Here's an idea: be better. Try to actually post content. Do something more than just whatabouts and calling people idiots. See what happens.
Unlike you, I haven’t called anyone an idiot or any other name in this thread. And I offered to provide examples of what I was talking about

Some of the people you hate won’t care. Some will continue to be assholes to you. But some will appreciate the opportunity to engage in actual dialogue.

If you're not interested in actual dialogue, that's fine, too. You're just one more in a large group of trolls here. But don't fool yourself into thinking that anyone doesn't recognize you as just that.
Again, what I offered in this thread WAS content, as opposed to just walking in and shitting all over everyone, which is what you did.

Like I said before, the inability to live up to your standards is our collective cross to bear.

Foxnews does the same thing as Muslim Imams and other types of propagandists have always done. They prey on the dumb, and the sexually/socially dysfunctional, using lies, gaslighting, and other propaganda techniques to radicalize the malcontent and uneducated into weapons of mass stupidity and chaos.

300lb waddling dumb bombs in red hats with internet access.
Fox certainly does not have a monopoply on these tactics. How do you think the Portland Tide Pod eaters and Antifa clowns were indoctriniated into dumb?

Reactions: Please Be Kind
Fox certainly does not have a monopoply on these tactics. How do you think the Portland Tide Pod eaters and Antifa clowns were indoctriniated into dumb?
You do know that Antifa emerged as a counterpoint to other groups that they deemed Fascist right? That's why they call themselves "Anti-Fascist"...

Had you even heard the term "Antifa" prior to events like the "Unite The Right" rally and groups like Vanguard America and the other neo-Nazi groups who went to Charlottesville to protest the city deciding to remove Confederate monuments? Before Vanguard America lost their Webhosting and changed its name in the aftermath of Charlottesville, their website self-described them as "American Fascists", and contained essays on the "New American Fascism" and "why we are proud to be Fascists". I know because I visited their site when I discovered James Fields involvement in the group...

They were also very active in Portland, as this article from July 2017 attests. The idea that Portland (or Oregon in general) is some "liberal kook bastion" is refuted by the article,which discusses Portland's racist past. So if you're going to pretend to be bosides you should at least PRESENT both sides, and admit that "Antifa clowns" emerged as a reaction to Fascist clowns already being there.

Notice the shields?

James Fields, seen here in the centre of the photograph, has been charged with murder.

James Fields, in the centre with the circular shield. He wears the white polo shirt and khaki pants that are the group’s uniform. Photograph: Go Nakamura/New York Daily News...

"The group’s motto, “blood and soil” was a popular chant at both events. It is derived from the Nazi slogan “blut und boden”, which links conceptions of racial purity with a particular national territory."

Fields is an avid neo-Nazi...

"Fields’ now deactivated Facebook page contained Nazi imagery including a photograph of Hitler as a baby, a picture of the Reichstag in Berlin, and a photograph of him posing with his car, the New York Daily News reported.

Derek Weimer, who taught Fields history when he was a student at Cooper high school in Union, Kentucky, told the TV station WCPO that he remembered a boy who was “very quiet and very bright,” but one who believed in white supremacy and the Nazi ideology."

The point is not that Vanguard is Fascist- that is indisputable. The point is that your claim that the media "indoctrinated" the "Antifa clowns" into dumb is well, Dumb. It was the rise of fascists and the opposition to what they saw happening in their own city that (particularly in Portland) led to the creation of Antifa and the many splinter groups under the umbrella who self-identify as such...

Oh, and btw, if you read the article from Portland carefully, you'll note this little tidbit...

Damigo, a 30-year-old former U.S. Marine Corporal, founded IE in March 2016. Damigo told the LA Times that IE comprises “‘a generation of awakened Europeans’ who ‘oppose those who would defame our history and rich cultural heritage.’”

"awakened"= right-wing antecedent for the left's (former) use of "woke", which is basically only used as a GOP buzz word these days...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT