ADVERTISEMENT

Do we still need a big...Kofi is in the portal!

MTBRider

Junior
Jun 20, 2003
Just had a Illini buddy text we that he's leaving there no matter what. He's testing the NBA waters, but has put his name in the transfer portal as well. Bad day for the Illini to say the least!!

Just had a Illini buddy text we that he's leaving there no matter what. He's testing the NBA waters, but has put his name in the transfer portal as well. Bad day for the Illini to say the least!!
UK wrecked them. Ouch!!!

If we got him I'd like to see the Illini guy who would vigorously chest bump him during the introductions ala Eric Gordon and some guy (Chester Frazier?) from Illinois.

I've heard that from two different broilees and a uk guy I know. Must be something to it since they don't know other.
It almost makes to much sense. Wants to cash in on his NIL. The Illinois boards are going nuts. They just don’t understand how powerful a move like that is.

No fan base deserves this.... MORE!
FIFY!

I never had anything against the Illini until that moment with Chester Frazier. I hoped Gordon would've either pounded his little ass or torched them for 40. Ridiculous to think that any coach wouldn't inquire with a 5* in-state legend to see if their arrival might've changed their opinion. For all the wrong and dumb things Sampson did, I never blamed him for that one, and would've questioned his sanity if he didn't reach out.

FIFY!

I never had anything against the Illini until that moment with Chester Frazier. I hoped Gordon would've either pounded his little ass or torched them for 40. Ridiculous to think that any coach wouldn't inquire with a 5* in-state legend to see if their arrival might've changed their opinion. For all the wrong and dumb things Sampson did, I never blamed him for that one, and would've questioned his sanity if he didn't reach out.

I am with you on this one. They weren't to the level of UK obnoxious but the fit they threw was downright hilarious. To then throw objects at his parents while at the game, that is where I drew the line. Having Gordon bank a three pointer in to win vs. Illinois that year was so poetic and amazing to watch.

Reactions: kkott
I've heard that his transfer to another school would be complicated due to grades etc. Only a uk would take him and find him eligible. Remember, Eric Bledsoe flunked Algebra 1, skipped Algebra2, and "earned" an A in Algebra 3. uk accepted that transcript and admitted him to "school"'.

• Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
I've heard that his transfer to another school would be complicated due to grades etc. Only a uk would take him and find him eligible. Remember, Eric Bledsoe flunked Algebra 1, skipped Algebra2, and "earned" an A in Algebra 3. uk accepted that transcript and admitted him to "school"'.
He also was selling signed merchandise at events and bars before NIL. Not sure the repercussions of that. Sounds like he thought he was done.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT