ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have a legit shot at Alex Afari?

May 2, 2017
We're in the top-3 for him. He's a 4* CB from OH that's making his decision on Friday. I see 2 crystal ball picks for uk, one from a uk insider, but nobody else has made a prediction.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Vince Marrow is a guy I wish we could get from Kentucky. He brings in Ohio guys like crazy at Kentucky.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

A month ago, we were thought to be in the driver's seat. Now, we're probably #2.

This is recruiting so things can change, but Kentucky is in the lead as of today.

But what is weird is his visit is scheduled for after his commitment. I think that could be a positive or negative. Positive-he wants to commit to IU even without seeing it. Negative-He plans on still committing to KU and just going to visit IU after he commits.

If he commits to UK before his visit then I doubt the visit happens. If he has already visited UK then writing is on the wall.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Would IU keep the visit if he announced he committed to UK? Granted, means nothing until signed and he could change after seeing IU, but it has a feel of a "free trip" only if he publicly commits elsewhere, so I'd consider having a "we appreciate your interest but if you're committed elsewhere, we'll free up that spot for someone else" mentality from IU.

He's committed to KY per 24/7...

There's other fish in the sea... Good luck to him unless/until we see him in a Bowl game...

ADVERTISEMENT