ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Johnson

If you were selling your house, would you require your realtor to have actually sold houses prior to trying to sell yours? How about just taken a real estate course or tried to get licensed? Wouldn't some background in real estate be important? Any background?

Actually, I'd probably list it as a "sale by owner" and avoid the commission costs.

You've also conveniently failed to mention that Glass was the President of the Super Bowl committee, something that probably encompasses all the skill set required of an AD but that none have ever had the distinction of doing.

Your view and you're obviously entitled to it. Mediocre performance in football and basketball is more than good enough for you, and Glass has delivered with a revolving door of coaches and very modest results. You seem thrilled, even as some of us aspire to much more. But I would never talk anyone out of the goal of being average (or even a little above it).

Ok "Mr. Armchair AD," let's hear your grand master plan. We get it: you aspire to greatness (which must be why you are so highly sought after as an athletic director). You talk about mediocrity but then contradict yourself by denouncing the revolving door of coaches. So, you want more stability with coaches, instant results or you're gone, but no revolving door.

Got it. Makes perfect sense.

Ok "Mr. Armchair AD," let's hear your grand master plan. We get it: you aspire to greatness (which must be why you are so highly sought after as an athletic director). You talk about mediocrity but then contradict yourself by denouncing the revolving door of coaches. So, you want more stability with coaches, instant results or you're gone, but no revolving door.

Got it. Makes perfect sense.
I haven't contradicted anything. The fact that you offer a flailing, unhinged rebuttal without any sort of reasoning only underscores my points about Glass as being, at best, under qualified.

Actually, I'd probably list it as a "sale by owner" and avoid the commission costs.

You've also conveniently failed to mention that Glass was the President of the Super Bowl committee, something that probably encompasses all the skill set required of an AD but that none have ever had the distinction of doing.
So that qualifies him to hire, manage and fire coaches at a level of competition in which he has no experience whatsoever? And you believe that's a foundation for success? Interesting reasoning. No wonder mediocrity reigns. You and others enable it.

So that qualifies him to hire, manage and fire coaches at a level of competition in which he has no experience whatsoever? And you believe that's a foundation for success? Interesting reasoning. No wonder mediocrity reigns. You and others enable it.

The man has been in his position for 9 years. I think he understands what it takes to run an athletic department. You act like it is his first day on the job. Again, you offer no specifics on who it is that is up to the task of to fixing this supposed "mediocrity." Give us a name and the step by step plan you have developed in your basement late at night.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Why don't you just divorce yourself from IU and all this mediocrity, including those of us who "embrace it"? Leave all the misery of dealing with us who "just don't get it" and go elsewhere. Find a school and program to embrace that meets your standards and gives you something positive to contribute. Leave the rest of us morons to labor here in our ignorance so you don't have to waste so much precious time trying to enlighten us.

We appreciate your brilliance, but we aren't worthy. Somehow, I think we'll survive without you and you can be happy to be rid of us. Don't go away mad, just go away.

Why don't you just divorce yourself from IU and all this mediocrity, including those of us who "embrace it"? Leave all the misery of dealing with us who "just don't get it" and go elsewhere. Find a school and program to embrace that meets your standards and gives you something positive to contribute. Leave the rest of us morons to labor here in our ignorance so you don't have to waste so much precious time trying to enlighten us.

We appreciate your brilliance, but we aren't worthy. Somehow, I think we'll survive without you and you can be happy to be rid of us. Don't go away mad, just go away.
IU - Love it or leave it? What a tired, burnt out way of looking at it (or anything else). Wanting more doesn't mean walking away when those who favor the mediocre status quo raise their elbows to protect their turf. Sorry, but your and several others' attitude of "It's good enough" isn't anything I'm interested in.

The man has been in his position for 9 years. I think he understands what it takes to run an athletic department. You act like it is his first day on the job. Again, you offer no specifics on who it is that is up to the task of to fixing this supposed "mediocrity." Give us a name and the step by step plan you have developed in your basement late at night.
And, again, you're unable to offer any specific defense of him, only a "tell me who could do better" childish response. That's the definition of protecting the mediocrity that you're happy with.

Go IU. Beat Ohio State.

Game, set, match,

And, again, you're unable to offer any specific defense of him, only a "tell me who could do better" childish response. That's the definition of protecting the mediocrity that you're happy with.

Go IU. Beat Ohio State.

The guy fired and then hired the two replacements for the 2 major revenue-producing sports at IU in the same season. He put shovels in the dirt to build a complex at the south end of the stadium and is building other facilities for sports as we speak.
And, yet, here you are rambling on about status quo and embracing mediocrity. Tell us all about the tangible evidence you seek from the guy to support your twisted notion that the man is doing nothing to improve IU sports?

IU - Love it or leave it? What a tired, burnt out way of looking at it (or anything else). Wanting more doesn't mean walking away when those who favor the mediocre status quo raise their elbows to protect their turf. Sorry, but your and several others' attitude of "It's good enough" isn't anything I'm interested in.
That's my point. If it isn't anything you are interested in then why not find another program to support and stop trashing every thread and every other poster on this board with your condescending b.s. Please do the rest of us a favor and abandon us. Leave us to our blissful ignorance and our satisfaction with mediocrity. Write us off as hopeless and quit wasting your time with us. Go where your genius is appreciated. Please.

The guy fired and then hired the two replacements for the 2 major revenue-producing sports at IU in the same season. He put shovels in the dirt to build a complex at the south end of the stadium and is building other facilities for sports as we speak.
And, yet, here you are rambling on about status quo and embracing mediocrity. Tell us all about the tangible evidence you seek from the guy to support your twisted notion that the man is doing nothing to improve IU sports?

Both firings were correct. Wilson, because he gave Glass no choice by flaunting the PIP, and Crean because he had run out of progress five years earlier. GLass was very liberal with both.

That's my point. If it isn't anything you are interested in then why not find another program to support and stop trashing every thread and every other poster on this board with your condescending b.s. Please do the rest of us a favor and abandon us. Leave us to our blissful ignorance and our satisfaction with mediocrity. Write us off as hopeless and quit wasting your time with us. Go where your genius is appreciated. Please.

Good post. I almost wish that HoopsLoop was still open so RMK fans (not to be confused with IU grads or fans) like this had a place to go.

I assume the mods are letting this guy act like this to keep clicks up in the summer but will cut him loose agin one things pick up. That is what they did last fall.

I said nothing about him "doing nothing", only that he's underperforming in his job based on his relative lack of experience. That you have to lie only underscores how little you understand the situation, though I'm sure you find your ignorance blissful.

So, you're only a true supporter if you agree with everything being done? Wow, you're right when you proudly exclaim your ignorance. It's evident to all.

I thought this thread was supposed to be about a recruit and not about Glass.
Unfortunately, BRCB and OC and CS can't help themselves and feel a need to stalk me, principally because I don't toe the company line here. It's creepy, misguided and abjectly ignorant, but it's also their main contribution since none of them choose to actually talk football.

Like so many others, it was hijacked by our favorite poster and turned into a snarky lecture about how inferior the rest of us are.
It was hijacked by the likes of you because a differing opinion upsets you. A little education along the way would've really helped you. Maybe.

He will never answer the question about why he spends so much of his time (and it's clearly an obsession on his part) lecturing us ignoramuses because he can't. The guy parked his head and forgot where he left it. He's flying on one engine. He doesn't have both oars in the water. Somebody's blown out his pilot light. He's not running on full thrusters. You get my drift . . .

You can't reason with someone who's bereft of reason. Best to just ignore him and hope that he gets the help he needs.

Reactions: RBB89

Hell, he doesn't even need to find another program. He can keep "supporting" IU in his own special way, just so long as he doesn't post on here.

What has always been my confusion is that even if we take his claims of IU fandom at face value, I can't grasp what his motivation for posting could be other than a near sadistic desire to annoy the hell out of people.

He will never answer the question about why he spends so much of his time (and it's clearly an obsession on his part) lecturing us ignoramuses because he can't. The guy parked his head and forgot where he left it. He's flying on one engine. He doesn't have both oars in the water. Somebody's blown out his pilot light. He's not running on full thrusters. You get my drift . . .

You can't reason with someone who's bereft of reason. Best to just ignore him and hope that he gets the help he needs.
So funny that you claim to have me on ignore but you can't help it and respond anyway. If you were secure in your arguments, you wouldn't be fazed in the least.

Hell, he doesn't even need to find another program. He can keep "supporting" IU in his own special way, just so long as he doesn't post on here.

What has always been my confusion is that even if we take his claims of IU fandom at face value, I can't grasp what his motivation for posting could be other than a near sadistic desire to annoy the hell out of people.
Some of us care about the IU program and want more than the mediocrity that you support. Why is that so threatening to you?

Little doubt that it's pathological. He's a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
As is the guy who can't stop following me while claiming he's not. Have never understood why non football people frequent a football board, but you must have your reasons.

Not being connected to the program anymore, there are a few head scratchers and DJ going to Iowa is one of them. Didn't know if anyone had further info.

I didn't read every reply, but one big thing about DJ is one of his coaches is a former Iowa player/ Iowa administrator...so there is the connection... he's my neighbor and think he had some influence on this decision...

Reactions: RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT