ADVERTISEMENT

Dislocated knee?

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
A dislocated knee was what I had initially heard that Hanner had suffered. I did a quick search on the internet and there are several different recovery times mentioned. A 3 - 6 week and up to 8 week recovery without complications seems to be common. A few articles mentioned the longer time would be needed if it is a recurring event. Since there hasn't been any talk of surgery, I am thiso "indefinite means 3 - 8 weeks.

I am hoping this is the 3 week variety. It was good to see him up and walking yesterday. I know he will get the best therapy and be back as soon as possible. Usually I have had, or have known someone with typical sport injuries, but not with this. Anyone ever have this type of injury?

Dislocated knee cap was what Bloomington newspaper reported

That was their initial report, which they said was based on information from people close to the situation. Since then, it has become more generalized as "a knee injury." Also, the initial prediction was a 2-4 week recovery time, but that also seems to have become more generalized.

He was not on crutches

Or even limping much but the gate was slow.

Have no idea what any of that means.

Was he wearing it on his knee?

Nothing like a comment from a fashionista, but you should have given some details so that we would know how it was relevant to a serious injury.

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act

it's actually confidential information, so put little faith in the accuracy of unnamed quotes from "sources close to the program"

Re: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act

There's a lot of confusion about HIPAA. People are not probibited from talking about their own injuries/medical conditions, and most of us do.

ADVERTISEMENT