ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing but progressing.

bdhman

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2002
Very disappointed this was not at least a 6 win season. Had Nate stayed healthy I really think IU wins 2 or 3 of the games versus Iowa, PSU, BG or Michigan. Much work and improvement needed, but my support is behind 3 more years for Wilson. Patience and commitment are the keys to turning around the long history and culture of losing at IU.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Agreed . . .

. . . prior to the season I thought that 4-8 would be a not unreasonable-to-expect season, given that our schedule was tougher and we lost some great talent from last season, plus we had no idea what the defense would be like. That was with Sudfeld . . . and the season played out kinda like that perspective, only I expected a W at Bowling Green and an L at Columbia. Otherwise, it was pretty much the season record that could be expected if things didn't go "right".

I had Rutgers, Penn State and Michigan as potential wins, with Iowa as an upset sleeper. I think we'd have won two of those games had Sudfeld not been hurt, which would have matched the target 6-6 record for the season . . . .

Had we gone 8-4 I'd have been ready to elect Wilson coach for life . . . 2-10 and I'd have considered firing the guy.

But under the circumstances, I'm OK with the way the season has gone . . . especially with what we have coming back for next year.

The last at bat carries a lot of weight with me. Indiana's defense improved immensely this year. Too bad it didn't coincide with a mediocre offensive year with the loss of Nate Sudfeld. I guess you have to hold KW ultimately responsible for not having a viable backup to Sudfeld, but that's a tough call at "It's Indiana". Maybe if Tevin Coleman stays for his senior year, it will put IU football over the edge in recruiting and National relevancy. That's my prayer. Happy with the win today. Congrats to KW, the Seniors, and the entire team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT