ADVERTISEMENT

Digital Green Pass

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
SIAP

With the current use of the Green Pass in Israel and the development of the system for use across the EU, I struggle to believe that such a system will be sucessful here. Given the politicization of the virus and mask usage it just seems a stretch that a system that requires proof of a jab, recovery from C19 or recent neg test to get into a restauarant will go smoothly.

I imagine we could see one for entry into the country and maaaaaybe even air travel but as for movies, IU games and grocery stores...man.

Thoughts?

SIAP

With the current use of the Green Pass in Israel and the development of the system for use across the EU, I struggle to believe that such a system will be sucessful here. Given the politicization of the virus and mask usage it just seems a stretch that a system that requires proof of a jab, recovery from C19 or recent neg test to get into a restauarant will go smoothly.

I imagine we could see one for entry into the country and maaaaaybe even air travel but as for movies, IU games and grocery stores...man.

Thoughts?
I was curious to see what tickets were going for for the Yankees home opener today. Less than $30, with even great seats very reasonably priced. Oh, but there's this:

Important Event Information​

Required for Entry: Either (1) proof of a full vaccine administered 14 days before the event, (2) a negative antigen test taken within six hours of the event start time, or (3) a negative PCR COVID test taken within 72 hours of game day with a matching government-issued photo ID. Please reference the venue's website for more information.​

Here in Cincinnati, they're allowing 30% capacity and nothing like the above. Tickets start at $62, and good seats are well over $200 - or $500 if you want one of the all-you-can-eat tickets. Oh, and it's supposed to be in the 30's at game time.

Last edited:
I was curious to see what tickets were going for for the Yankees home opener today. Less than $30, with even great seats very reasonably priced. Oh, but there's this:

Required for Entry: Either (1) proof of a full vaccine administered 14 days before the event, (2) a negative antigen test taken within six hours of the event start time, or (3) a negative PCR COVID test taken within 72 hours of game day with a matching government-issued photo ID. Please reference the venue's website for more information.​

Here in Cincinnati, they're allowing 30% capacity and nothing like the above. Tickets start at $62, and good seats are well over $200 - $500 is you want one of the all-you-can-eat tickets. Oh, and it's supposed to be in the 30's at game time.
wow

Personally i am in favor of a Green Pass, but it will be a battle.

Here in Cincinnati, they're allowing 30% capacity and nothing like the above. Tickets start at $62, and good seats are well over $200 - or $500 if you want one of the all-you-can-eat tickets. Oh, and it's supposed to be in the 30's at game time.
The requirements at Yankee Stadium, an outdoor venue, are overkill. I've been to two sporting events since Covid began - - the Outback Bowl and a spring training game a couple of weeks ago. Masks were required at both events, seating was socially distanced, and unsold seats were zip-tied so you couldn't expand your "pod" even if you wanted to. Those precautions seemed reasonable and sufficient.

The requirements at Yankee Stadium, an outdoor venue, are overkill. I've been to two sporting events since Covid began - - the Outback Bowl and a spring training game a couple of weeks ago. Masks were required at both events, seating was socially distanced, and unsold seats were zip-tied so you couldn't expand your "pod" even if you wanted to. Those precautions seemed reasonable and sufficient.
The green pass concept comes when you reopen a venue for "normal" use.

The green pass concept comes when you reopen a venue for "normal" use.
Outside events have to be way down the risk scale, it would seem to me. Inside stuff is going to be tougher. Bars, restaurants, movies, etc.... those need to be scrutinized closely.

Remember the "super spreader event" with Amy Coney Barrett? The people who got infected were all in the inside reception, maskless, and in close proximity to each other. To my knowledge, no one who only attended the outside ceremony got sick, even though they too were mostly maskless and in close proximity.

Outside events have to be way down the risk scale, it would seem to me. Inside stuff is going to be tougher. Bars, restaurants, movies, etc.... those need to be scrutinized closely.

Remember the "super spreader event" with Amy Coney Barrett? The people who got infected were all in the inside reception, maskless, and in close proximity to each other. To my knowledge, no one who only attended the outside ceremony got sick, even though they too were mostly maskless and in close proximity.
Agree. I just think that reintigration will be complex.

The pansies on this board like to throw around the word Nazi! The “ Green Pass “ is nothing more than the SS stopping you and demanding to see your papers!

Agree. I just think that reintigration will be complex.
Let's just put it this way -- with everything being as it was before Covid, soon enough I'll be okay going to an IU football game; things will need to get a lot better before I'd be comfortable going to Nick's afterwards.

Let's just put it this way -- with everything being as it was before Covid, soon enough I'll be okay going to an IU football game; things will need to get a lot better before I'd be comfortable going to Nick's afterwards.
i don't know where these people live saying we can be back to normal by july etc. everywhere i go is back to normal now. completely packed. feels like precovid right now. and almost seems like it happened over night. maybe it was spring hitting. i don't know. both sides of my family are doing full easter sunday. and the one side was living like hermits.

i don't know where these people live saying we can be back to normal by july etc. everywhere i go is back to normal now. completely packed. feels like precovid right now. and almost seems like it happened over night. maybe it was spring hitting. i don't know. both sides of my family are doing full easter sunday. and the one side was living like hermits.
I think a lot of people have decided that fvck it, there's a vaccine available for the old bastards and sickos and I'm tired of being locked down just to protect their asses. Party on Garth.

I think a lot of people have decided that fvck it, there's a vaccine available for the old bastards and sickos and I'm tired of being locked down just to protect their asses. Party on Garth.
i really think you're right. just bizarre how fast the switch flipped

Reactions: UncleMark
DeSantis got his marching orders from Palm Beach

Green Passes are FORBIDDEN in FL.

The lines are being drawn.

Interesting to see how the wealthiest Americans have no interest in the Covid rules. Naples has no masks no distancing. Nothin. My old firm in palm had a firm dinner they posted pics from last month. Looked like 2019.

"Essentially, Florida's executive order is turning unvaccinated people into a protected class under the state's anti-discrimination laws"

The pansies on this board like to throw around the word Nazi! The “ Green Pass “ is nothing more than the SS stopping you and demanding to see your papers!

150817miami_nr.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT