ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't Trump criticize Pres. Obama playing golf?

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
I don't know how often Obama golfed, but Trump had 58 golf outings since the inauguration.
Is it hypocrisy, lying, or what?

Where are the holier-than-thou folks who went along with Trump criticizing Obama's golfing? They are very quiet on this, not to mention of profiting off his presidency.

I don't know how often Obama golfed, but Trump had 58 golf outings since the inauguration.
Is it hypocrisy, lying, or what?

Where are the holier-than-thou folks who went along with Trump criticizing Obama's golfing? They are very quiet on this, not to mention of profiting off his presidency.

Yes he did and he deserves any hell he gets for playing more than Obama.

President Trump gets a discount because he owns the course:rolleyes:

Your hero bragged he woulnd't play golf AT ALL because he'd be "too busy fixing the country."

Instead, he's playing more golf than anyone while the country goes down the toilet.

And the base does nothing but make excuses for it.....just like they CRUCIFIED Obama for using a teleprompter but are dead silent when Trump uses one 24/7.

I'm sure race has nothing to do with any of this........

Country goes down the toilet?

Idiot

You don't think the country is going down the toilet?

Puerto Rico has been literally destroyed and Trump and his base couldn't care less.

He's about to start WW3 with both Iran and North Korea.

He's yanking health care for millions of people while proposing a tax plan that will give billionaires even more money while screwing the poor.

He's letting Big Business do WHATEVER they want.

Puerto Rico has been literally destroyed and Trump and his base couldn't care less.

He's yanking health care for millions of people while proposing a tax plan that will give billionaires even more money while screwing the poor.

Did you approve of all the corporate welfare he just took from BIG Insurance Companies?

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Yes he is my hero! He is an example of the American dream, and living proof if you work hard enough you attain anything you want.
You don't need to advertise it. We all know he is your hero. By the way, I wish you do not denigrate the word "hero." It used to be a good word! :(

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier

Regarding Puerto Rico, weren't they part of a massive aid/relief bill?

"Yanking" health care...that's more of a question of idealogy, I don't believe it is the federal governments obligation to provide health care, neither does he apparently. If you want health care go get it, I have it and it sure as hell isnt through Obamacare

If you think he's letting "big business" do whatever they want you just aren't paying attention

"Yanking" health care...that's more of a question of idealogy, I don't believe it is the federal governments obligation to provide health care, neither does he apparently. If you want health care go get it, I have it and it sure as hell isnt through Obamacare

If you think he's letting "big business" do whatever they want you just aren't paying attention

The vast majority of Puerto Rico doesn't have water or electricity and he told them "we won't be there forever" when he never said that to Houston or Florida.

When he campaigned, he sure thought it was the government's job as he vowed "health care for everyone for far cheaper the cost.....and it would be easy to do."

He's letting the fox guard the hen house in every agency. Heck, the EPA just told a mining company they could set up shop in the most pristine salmon area we have.

The vast majority of Puerto Rico doesn't have water or electricity and he told them "we won't be there forever" when he never said that to Houston or Florida.

When he campaigned, he sure thought it was the government's job as he vowed "health care for everyone for far cheaper the cost.....and it would be easy to do."

He's letting the fox guard the hen house in every agency. Heck, the EPA just told a mining company they could set up shop in the most pristine salmon area we have.

He sure isn't letting equifax or Wells Fargo do whatever they want

Any of them going to prison?

Also, 2 companies out of thousands upon thousands upon thousands?

Wow....you sure proved me wrong.

(rolleyes)

Oh, and the only reason Equifax was denied that contract after they screwed everyone is people complained about it.....otherwise, he would have rewarded them.

The relief bill is a loan, different than the bill that went through for Texas and Florida.

Any of them going to prison?

Also, 2 companies out of thousands upon thousands upon thousands?

Wow....you sure proved me wrong.

(rolleyes)

Oh, and the only reason Equifax was denied that contract after they screwed everyone is people complained about it.....otherwise, he would have rewarded them.

Your funny

Did you approve of all the corporate welfare he just took from BIG Insurance Companies?
Those payments subsidized the costs of offering otherwise money-losing plans to the poorest under the ACA. As long as you insist on having for-profit corporations serve as the payers for health care, they need to get paid themselves. Calling those payments "corporate welfare" is yet another disingenuous and dishonest talking point.

Yes he did and he deserves any hell he gets for playing more than Obama.
Holly Christ! Is this stollcpa talking? Maybe there's hope in this world after all!
wink.png

Reactions: stollcpa
Those payments subsidized the costs of offering otherwise money-losing plans to the poorest under the ACA. As long as you insist on having for-profit corporations serve as the payers for health care, they need to get paid themselves. Calling those payments "corporate welfare" is yet another disingenuous and dishonest talking point.

Maybe I missed it. Did Trump sign an order taking your premium credit away?

I can't tell... Are you a dick or are you just ignorant?

Wasn’t being a smartass. As I understand right now when I prepare returns this year I will calculate a premium credit for low income taxpayers. Therefore you continue to receive your credit. Trump stopped subsidies to the insurance companies. Therefore without these subsidies the insurance companies will increase your premium next year. On the individual tax side your premium credit will increase to offset increase in your premium. Maybe I am wrong in what I think the outcome will be but wasn’t trying to be asshole.

I can't tell... Are you a dick or are you just ignorant?

Updated at 11:29 a.m. ET

President Trump's decision Thursday to end subsidy payments to health insurance companies is expected to raise premiums for middle-class families and cost the federal government hundreds of billions of dollars.

The administration said it would stop reimbursing insurers for discounts on co-payments and deductibles that they are required by law to offer to low-income consumers. The reimbursements are known as cost-sharing reduction payments, or CSRs.

Insurance companies still have to give the discounts to low-income customers. So if the government doesn't reimburse the insurers, they'll make up the money by charging higher premiums for coverage.

The subsidy cut was the second swipe the White House took at the Affordable Care Act insurance markets Thursday in what many critics say is a deliberate campaign to destabilize them in hopes of forcing Congress to repeal the law.

POLITICS
Trump Uses Executive Pen To Chip Away At Obamacare

"Ending the CSR payments is another sign that President Trump is doing what he can to undermine the stability of the individual market under the ACA," wrote Tim Jost, professor emeritus of law at Washington and Lee University who contributes to the Health Affairs blog.

The decision will most directly affect middle-class families who buy their own insurance without financial help from the government. Consumers who earn more than 400 percent of the federal poverty level — an individual with income of about $48,000 or a family of four that makes more than $98,400 — will likely see their costs for coverage rise next year by an average of about 20 percent nationwide.

People with lower incomes will be unaffected since the ACA, also known as Obamacare, provides government subsidies — in the form of tax credits — that ensure their out-of-pocket insurance costs remain stable. So when premiums rise, those tax credits rise in tandem.

Ezekiel Emanuel, an oncologist who chairs the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania.

"The people who are particularly going to hurt are the people who don't get any subsidies. They just have to buy their own insurance," Emanuel, one of the architects of the ACA, told Morning Edition on Friday.

Ironically, the decision to end the $7 billion-a-year cost-sharing payments is likely to cost the federal government more than making them — nearly $200 billion over 10 years, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

That is because the ACA requires that premiums don't exceed a set percentage of a person's income. So as premiums set by insurance companies rise over time, the government has to boost its tax credits so the cost to the consumer remains the same.

Edit this was from NPR written by Alison Kodjak

Reactions: MrBing
Wasn’t being a smartass. As I understand right now when I prepare returns this year I will calculate a premium credit for low income taxpayers. Therefore you continue to receive your credit. Trump stopped subsidies to the insurance companies. Therefore without these subsidies the insurance companies will increase your premium next year. On the individual tax side your premium credit will increase to offset increase in your premium. Maybe I am wrong in what I think the outcome will be but wasn’t trying to be asshole.
I'll know more when I go to sign up next month and next year. Wife will be going on Medicare this November, but I've got two years to go. What I believe will happen is those on the individual market who don't qualify for the subsidy will get saddled with making up the difference in much higher premiums. The insurance companies are required by law to offer lower premiums and copays to the poor, and were promised subsidies for doing so. Trump is reneging on that promise. Without the subsides the insurance companies will either jack up rates on those with higher incomes, or pull out altogether.

EDIT: I see you found the information you were looking for. Essentially confirms my understanding.

I'll know more when I go to sign up next month and next year. Wife will be going on Medicare this November, but I've got two years to go. What I believe will happen is those on the individual market who don't qualify for the subsidy will get saddled with making up the difference in much higher premiums. The insurance companies are required by law to offer lower premiums and copays to the poor, and were promised subsidies for doing so. Trump is reneging on that promise. Without the subsides the insurance companies will either jack up rates on those with higher incomes, or pull out altogether.

EDIT: I see you found the information you were looking for. Essentially confirms my understanding.

Just curious why did you post I was either a dick or ignorant? The purpose of my post to you was that you weren’t losing your credits. I am sitting in a Tax seminar and instructor was talking about this subject. Do you disagree that you’re not losing them?

Last edited:
Just curious why did you post I was either a dick or ignorant? The purpose of my post to you was that you weren’t losing your credits. I am sitting in a Tax seminar and instructor was talking about this subject. Do you disagree that you’re losing them?
Ignorant that you didn't know, or a dick that you did and were just fvcking with me. Since I'm one of if not the only poor bastard here who depends on the ACA to provide health care coverage my wife needs (I don't give a rats ass about me), I've had it insinuated that I'm a lazy taker and mooch on society and all that shit. So maybe I'm a little oversensitive. My bad.

That said, just because it might not effect me personally/immediately, that doesn't mean I can't see that the Trump actions are bad for the health care delivery schema as a whole, and that it will result on unwarranted burdens for others.

Ignorant that you didn't know, or a dick that you did and were just fvcking with me. Since I'm one of if not the only poor bastard here who depends on the ACA to provide health care coverage my wife needs (I don't give a rats ass about me), I've had it insinuated that I'm a lazy taker and mooch on society and all that shit. So maybe I'm a little oversensitive. My bad.

That said, just because it might not effect me personally/immediately, that doesn't mean I can't see that the Trump actions are bad for the health care delivery schema as a whole, and that it will result on unwarranted burdens for others.

I think I’ve been sympathetic of you’re wife’s insurance needs in the past discussions with you.

I want to make a point your weren’t losing your subsidy. That’s what most people assumed with Trump’s order

President Trump's decision Thursday to end subsidy payments to health insurance companies is expected to raise premiums for middle-class families and cost the federal government hundreds of billions of dollars.

Not necessarily directed at you Stoll...

Anyone care to explain why this was a smart move by Trump?

I mean not only will he cause even more damage to the middle classes wallets, but he screws the gov't out of even more money.

Does he really think this will get Congress moving on healthcare?

?

That's easy.

His base is a bunch of morons who don't realize this screws them and all they care about is their hero got rid of something that Obama did....which is the ONLY thing they care about.

If Obama cured cancer, they'd DEMAND Trump get rid of it.

Trump has proven over and over and over and over he doesn't care one single bit if he screws over the entire world. As long as his base slobbers all over him, he's happy. Period.

I don't know about Equifax, but I am familiar with Wells Fargo since I have a mortgage with them on one of my properties. Therefore, I pay attention to anything about Wells Fargo.

Having said that, what good deeds has Trump done with/for/against them? Did he give them a roll of paper towel?

Not necessarily directed at you Stoll...

I mean not only will he cause even more damage to the middle classes wallets, but he screws the gov't out of even more money.

Does he really think this will get Congress moving on healthcare?

I believe you’re last sentence is the only reason he did it. I think we all could agree it’s not going to work.

Reactions: meridian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT