ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't Rory break a rule on No. 18? He attempted three drops and they continued to roll back into the hazard.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
That allowed him to place the ball by hand. He then placed it again before hitting it because I think there was a high place behind the ball.

I thought you weren't allowed to place it again once you place it by hand. Isn't that the rule?

Didn't he have an official right there blessing everything? I was listening to coverage while driving and nothing was said other than the ball kept rolling back into the hazard.

Didn't he have an official right there blessing everything? I was listening to coverage while driving and nothing was said other than the ball kept rolling back into the hazard.
After the official gave him the authorization to place it, he did so. However, the official then walked away and Rory placed it a second time.

I might be wrong, but that's how it appeared to me.

After the official gave him the authorization to place it, he did so. However, the official then walked away and Rory placed it a second time.

I might be wrong, but that's how it appeared to me.
It continued to roll at the first location. He had to find closest location where that wouldn't occur

Reactions: MDS3
Rory is well-known for being very reluctant to take any advantage that might be questionable. A class act.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT