ADVERTISEMENT

Did you notice DeChambeau's opponents fell apart when they had to play in his twosome Saturday and Sunday? I think it's because

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
he takes too long to hit his shots and his putts. That would drive me absolutely nuts if I had to play in the same group with somebody overly technical like him.

Matt Wolff outdrove that dude several times. IIRC, the announcers said Wolff out-drove him for the week.?

he takes too long to hit his shots and his putts. That would drive me absolutely nuts if I had to play in the same group with somebody overly technical like him.
If someone is so mentally weak that they allow their opponent's slow play to affect their play, then they don't deserve to win the US Open....pretty simple.

Reactions: kkott and All4You
More

Did we learn nothing from McGwire and Sosa?

29626290-0-image-a-18_1592223815013.jpg

I saw this earlier.

I remember playing in the first round of a club championship about 10 years ago and the head pro addressed slow play before our foursome teed off that morning. Ironically, I was playing with three really slow golfers. Before I teed off, I got him aside and informed him that I could only play as fast as the other three players in our group. In other words, it would not be my fault if we played too slowly that morning.

My game was terrible for the first few holes and then the club pro came out and discretely informed me that I was not going to have to worry about being penalized for slow play because I was in a slow group. He said the group playing behind him said it was the other three golfers slowing down our group.

That said, I began playing much better golf.

ADVERTISEMENT