ADVERTISEMENT

Did the safety transfer from Rice visit?

He will be visiting South Carolina the first weekend in March and then expected to make a decision soon after that.

Reactions: vesuvius13
While I always like IU to get the win...I like the talent in IU's pipeline and think Fitz/Burgess are going to have good years in their RS FR years this fall.

I agree. This was not a make or break for the safety room. Would have been nice to have him for the purpose of depth obviously, but there is no choice but to move on. From what I read, South Carolina had little to zero experience at safety returning, which was probably the reason he choose to commit there.

I agree. This was not a make or break for the safety room. Would have been nice to have him for the purpose of depth obviously, but there is no choice but to move on. From what I read, South Carolina had little to zero experience at safety returning, which was probably the reason he choose to commit there.

While I didn’t like the campus or Columbia as well, their football stadium and tailgate set up at SC is top notch, and their fans fill it up and make noise.

SC didn't have depth at the position while IU has talented athletes in the pipeline. My guess is he saw SC as the better chance to start.

I do not think there is any debate as to where the better playing environment or game day atmosphere is. Ibe started ~17 games for RICE U over the past 3 years (2017- 1W 11Ls. 2016- 3Ws 9Ls. 2015- 5Ws 7Ls).

He went where he has a shot to play. Just happened to be nice that SC was a good option. Timing is key for recruiting sometimes. I have also seen that Mukuamu is going to play CB and not S at 6'4". He is one of two S in their 2018 class and four DBs total in that class.

Compare THIS to our pre-game, where our band stands silent for 1-2 minutes waiting for the team to come out:

We could do something like that, instead they chose to just have the band play the fight song (which is nice and I wouldn't want to lose that but it should be a prelude to something like SC's entry routine) and for goodness sakes we need to loose "The Theme to The Godfather" as the intro for the Defense! Literally nothing would be better than that pathetic half lullaby, half funeral dirge that's connected to a coach long since fired and the music should have left with him)!

the raucous crowd was great.

the video was awful.

you make the tv big enough, and stick a bright video on it, and it's going to suck a lot of the air out of the room, no matter where you stick it.

the raucous crowd was great.

the video was awful.

you make the tv big enough, and stick a bright video on it, and it's going to suck a lot of the air out of the room, no matter where you stick it.

The key for me was using piped in music vs just band. It looked to me like much of the video was crowd cam shots... I think that would work.

Problem is (for us) that the same people who evidently think a lullaby/funeral dirge is great intro music for when our D takes the field would be making the decision on what prior to opening kickoff music to pipe in...:confused:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT