ADVERTISEMENT

Did the bottom fall out?

Not sure if you’re intentionally being ignorant but the NIT tournament was THE national championship tourney at that time. They flipped in the mid 50’s. So yes, IU does have 5 NCAA championships but only 3 national championships.
Indiana has 5 National Titles that are recognized by the NCAA. You are absolutely correct. What is your argument? If it helps you sleep better at night that the NIT was more popular at the time, do you, I don't really give a shit. Diminishing a coach who has a national title, let alone two, is foolish anyway you try and spin it, it's two more than Purdue has and will ever have. You're a Purdue fan so I wouldn't expect anything less.

Not sure if you’re intentionally being ignorant but the NIT tournament was THE national championship tourney at that time. They flipped in the mid 50’s. So yes, IU does have 5 NCAA championships but only 3 national championships.

Colorado, which won the NIT in 1940, which was the first championship for us, was also in the NCAA tournament that year, but didn't advance....

Ord's portrait in his house. (which means the basement of his mommy's house).

CS82105284.jpg
Two really dumb posts in a row. You’re on a roll.

I believe this is actually printed on the Purdue Diploma.

Colorado, which won the NIT in 1940, which was the first championship for us, was also in the NCAA tournament that year, but didn't advance....
The first national championship recognized by the NCAA was in 1939. This blowhard dipshit can argue till he's blue in the face about the popularity of the NCAAT and the NIT back in the day all he wants, but the championships are real and the trophies are authentic.

Last edited:
Can't stand? Is there anyone on here who CAN stand him?
The push back is always among the less educated. Why do you think that’s universally the case? Well, one guy keeps stalking me because I busted him as a liar, but I’ve been asked to lay off of him, so I’m obliging. His inferiority complex isn’t helping, though.

Because we're all left more dumb after reading each and everyone of your posts?
”Everyone”? There’s no chance you were a licensed educator. None. And you’ve shown your lack of IU hoops know.edge on multiple occasions, as you’ve admitted, “Coach”. Lol

”Everyone”? There’s no chance you were a licensed educator. None. And you’ve shown your lack of IU hoops know.edge on multiple occasions, as you’ve admitted, “Coach”. Lol
You've been outed as a Purdue fan with a social and likely mental disorder. Nobody cares what you think.

Reactions: Please Be Kind
You've been outed as a Purdue fan with a social and likely mental disorder. Nobody cares what you think.
I was an IU fan before you knew the University existed, and I’ve never been a Purdue fan, though I obviously know much more about them than do you.. aAnd didn’t you get banned from their forum for outrageous and offensive conduct?

You, on the other hand, know nothing about IU or the basketball program. Nothing. We see that in each of your posts. It’s also evident you were never a teacher or coach. You literally can’t construct a simple sentence. Go away, troll.

I was an IU fan before you knew the University existed, and I’ve never been a Purdue fan, though I obviously know much more about them than do you.. aAnd didn’t you get banned from their forum for outrageous and offensive conduct?

You, on the other hand, know nothing about IU or the basketball program. Nothing. We see that in each of your posts. It’s also evident you were never a teacher or coach. You literally can’t construct a simple sentence. Go away, troll.
No clinically sane adult would go through the lengths in which you have gone spanning decades and numerous handles to troll a rival fan base into thinking you're an actual IU fan. At the very worst you're a massive tool (we already know that) and that's just sad honestly, but more than likely have serious psychological issues that explains why you are the way you are.

If that’s what happened, sure I would consider it. But that’s not what happened. As was the case with the Lafrentz’s, more and more people came to not care for Knight’s style and general demeanor. Didn’t make anyone right or wrong, per se, but it began to greatly narrow his recruiting opportunities. His latter year results show that conclusively.
The press did to Knight what it did to Trump. It was all one-sided negativity that followers bought into as if truth. Most of us learn to slay a giant by second grade, then move on to other things. Journalists never forget the feel-good story their readership so cherishes. Fantasy takes them away from the reality of just who they are, the one with the goofy grin in the mirror.

Reactions: Ksteph
No clinically sane adult would go through the lengths in which you have gone spanning decades and numerous handles to troll a rival fan base into thinking you're an actual IU fan. At the very worst you're a massive tool (we already know that) and that's just sad honestly, but more than likely have serious psychological issues that explains why you are the way you are.
You’re no IU fan. That’s obvious. You weren’t a teacher. Each and every post confirms that fact. And you bragged about stalking me around the internet, all because I’ve pointed out your rampant factual inaccuracies on a sports forum. That’s really creepy. You have many obvious problems, but an abundance of intelligence certainly isn’t one of them.

The press did to Knight what it did to Trump. It was all one-sided negativity that followers bought into as if truth. Most of us learn to slay a giant by second grade, then move on to other things. Journalists never forget the feel-good story their readership so cherishes. Fantasy takes them away from the reality of just who they are, the one with the goofy grin in the mirror.
Totally non-responsive to the discussion at hand (as well as not terribly factual), but you do you.

You’re no IU fan. That’s obvious. You weren’t a teacher. Each and every post confirms that fact. And you bragged about stalking me around the internet, all because I’ve pointed out your rampant factual inaccuracies on a sports forum. That’s really creepy. You have many obvious problems, but an abundance of intelligence certainly isn’t one of them.
You're schtick is so blatantly true that you can't even deny it. Sad.

You're schtick is so blatantly true that you can't even deny it. Sad.
“You’re”? A sixth grader is more literate than are you. That’s sad, especially since you claim a background in education, which we both know is a lie..

As for the rest of your inane babble, I’ve corrected your inaccuracies on numerous occasions. Any reason why I should continue?

He's the absolute worst troll here, and the mods don't care that he ruins everything. Sorry I replied and quoted him, but every now and then I can't help myself.
If you want to intelligently talk IU or college hoops, great. If not, please leave. You’ve simply never shown an ability to do so.

I am convinced that, 10 yrs from now, we'll struggle to remember Archie's name. He really had the 4 most unmemorable yrs here. He never once gave off the impression that he was even glad to be here. Complete waste of 4 yrs and $12M. Actually double that with the buyout.
No one on this board will ever struggle to forget his name. Why do you think this thread exists?

Reactions: Birnk403
The bottom was the first couple years of Crean's tenure. We would be a lot worse off if it weren't for him. He came to IU when nobody woule. The slide started in the mid 90s. It all depends on what you consider national recognition or national relevance. I believe we will be back in the NCAA tournament next year but it may be a few years before IU is consistently a winner.

29 of IU's 30 coaches produced very average results. Knight just so happened to be one of the greatest of all time. IU was fortunate to have him. As soon as he started to decline, IU returned to their average results and have remained there since. Asking when the bottom fell out is kind of a silly.
First of all, IU has had three hall of fame basketball coaches, as many as anyone not named Kentucky. Second, if the results (outside of their national championship winning seasons) are average, what would that make Purdue's entire history? Third, you're a moron.

No one on this board will ever struggle to forget his name. Why do you think this thread exists?
It exists so we can see yet another thread dissolve into a back n forth bitch fest. Which it has. Yeah I know we’ll remember his actual name. But there is nothing memorable about CAM’s tenure at IU. Unlike all the other post RMK coaches, CAM literally accomplished nothing. That was my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
First let me say that I believe deep in my heart that the Hoosiers are on the rebound. I don’t know if it will take two years or five years for them to get back to some sort of national recognition. But I believe it is in the works and I am confident that it eventually will happen before I die.

During the years where the Hoosiers were on a long slow slide towards national mediocrity, which I believe is owned by Crean, there was never a shortage of fanatical Hoosiers who thought each year was just an aberation. Everybody was spending their time on this website trying to justify that Indiana was still a blue blood program. With the benefit of hindsight when do you think the bottom fell out?

I’ll go with December 18th 2017, when the Hoosiers lost to the Fort Wayne Mastadons by 20 points. With the benefit of hindsight Crean should have been on after that loss.
For me it was the home loss to Eastern Washington. Hanner must have played that game high. He watched player after player drive past him without moving. I was in row 10 of section 2 and stood up and yelled "do you know what defense are you in?" It is the only IU basketball game I left early from.

I can still see Crean waving his arms like a nut but doing nothing else to correct the worst defense I have ever seen.

I must live in a bubble up here because I didn't see this Crean cult phenomenon. I will agree, the yr 3 results would have put most coaches on the hot seat. No improvement in yr 3- a team with young VO, Sheehey, Verdell, Hulls and CWat plus Pritchard who at that point had a ton of experience (can't recall- was Mo Creek out due to injury at that point?) . Should have seen an upward trajectory that yr and did not. Cody saved Crean's ass. And then Yogi bought him another year. But for many fans, the Cuse game and then the underachieving following season- that was it for me with Crean. It was obvious he had hit his ceiling and was just selling snake oil.

No you are absolutely correct. I think the majority of the IU fan base was alarmed at the lack of progress after 3 years but also had the keen understanding that Crean started with absolutely nothing. Then 11-12 and 12-13 happened and everything appeared to be back on track until the total lack of preparedness cost them the Syracuse game. I believe after that game there was a very high number volume of people who understood Crean was not the long term answer. After the conclusion of the following season that resulted in a missed tournament did most people get on board that Crean's days were numbered. Unfortunately he was held onto three years too long.

But this cult this poster speaks of simply isn't true. More drivel.
Only past members of the cult would deny that it existed. Everyone has tried to rewrite history since he left. I was here. I lived it. I remember the insanity. IU fans with their extremely low standards have led us to this point.

IU did not show itself well during that whole thing.

All I can say is this: any grown man lays his hands on my kid like that, and we're fighting.
That kid is was over 18 so an adult if he wanted to defend himself he could of.

But trust me I know what you mean and I agree.. At the same time though I have a different perspective on it. I grew up in b-town/elletsville and coach knight could of choked me every day if that meant I got to play ball at iu!! But to each his own!!

For me, I believe it was our “Zapruder” film that mysteriously emerged, the Neil Reed was it/was it not a real choke hold. Reed didn’t think it was a big deal at the time, nor did the other players. It was only later, after Reed was told there was a disparaging film against Knight did it become a big attention thing for the media to run with and the anti-Knight sentiment really escalated nationally after that, even with many of Hoosier Nation. Life as an IU fan has been a seemingly endless, topsy turvy roller coaster ride ever since of lots of lows and few highs.
I definitely have to agree with this...

I definitely have to agree with this...
Knight initially denied anything ever occurred, then denied there was tape of it, then told everyone that everything at practice was always taped. To say his messaging was inconsistent would be extremely generous.

Reactions: TommyCracker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT