ADVERTISEMENT

Did someone mentioned that Trump voters are regretting to vote for him?

Who says it hasn't worked? Our so-called president? What makes him an expert on that? The only thing I've heard coming from his mouth has been bashing the helpless.

If the deductible is so high, then come up with amendments for lesser deductible, not can the whole plan! The purpose of the Obamacare is to care for those people to begin with. I thought Christians were supposed to be caring for the sick, weak, and helpless people, not just the filthy rich. At least the Christians I know and have known well taught me that: my preacher mother, my preacher brother, preacher uncles, and a bunch of elders in the family. Your church must be different. I thought Jesus spent a good deal of time, fighting the Trumps of his day.

BTW, have you read the Bible?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...nsurance-medicine-0911-jm-20160909-story.html
"Obamacare failed because too many carriers simply can't cover expenses, let alone turn a profit, in this rigidly controlled system. Take Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, the state's dominant Obamacare insurer. Last year, for every dollar the carrier collected, it spent $1.32 buying care and providing services for customers, according to BCBS President Maurice Smith. No wonder BCBS is proposing rate increases from 23 percent to 45 percent for its individual plans."

"Obamacare failed because too many carriers simply can't cover expenses, let alone turn a profit, in this rigidly controlled system."

That's why they had risk corridors, to reimburse insurance companies for the initial hits they would take. These would have kept premiums down. You can thank Sen Rubio for getting rid of these and further sabotaging the ACA

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...nsurance-medicine-0911-jm-20160909-story.html
"Obamacare failed because too many carriers simply can't cover expenses, let alone turn a profit, in this rigidly controlled system. Take Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, the state's dominant Obamacare insurer. Last year, for every dollar the carrier collected, it spent $1.32 buying care and providing services for customers, according to BCBS President Maurice Smith. No wonder BCBS is proposing rate increases from 23 percent to 45 percent for its individual plans."
Health care costs are a problem, but as has been explained multiple times by numerous posters on this forum, Obamacare isn't why costs are going up (and have been since long before Obamacare was even a thing).

Reactions: Zizkov
That's why they had risk corridors, to reimburse insurance companies for the initial hits they would take. These would have kept premiums down. You can thank Sen Rubio for getting rid of these and further sabotaging the ACA
Yeah, that's what these nincompoops don't want to hear. The Pubs purposefully broke the ACA, and then have turned around, pointed at it, and exclaimed "It's broken!"

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Doug, no need to be hostile. The issue of our medical system is not quality, it is about access. Wouldn't you agree that the real issue for Americans is that costs have risen too high? With Obama Care many can't afford to even use their insurance because the deductible is too high. They in essence don't have insurance because they can't use it. What I was talking about was making the patient the consumer. This way costs will come down as medical providers are competing for the patient/consumer dollar.
I'm not being hostile VPM - I'm pointing out that Health Savings Accounts are of no value to people who have no money to put in them. Similarly, your kind of single payer does not work for the destitute. What do you, as a Christian, say to these people? "Peace be with you brother. Be warm and be filled."? The Bible has something to say about that attitude, and it is the attitude of far too many people who claim the name of Jesus.

I understand that for many on the religious right the choice for President came down to Supreme Court Justices. I get it. I really do. You may even get your wish and see the rolling back of Roe v. Wade. When that happens, are you prepared to be there to minister to the women who now have to chose between rejection from their family, their church, etc.., or pursue unsafe abortion practices. Are you there for the women who abort today? Do you really believe that forcing people to live a Christian Lifestyle will result in a Christian nation?

This country is founded on the principle of separation between church and state. The government is constitutionally forbidden to show preference for one religion over another. Do you argue for first amendment rights as loudly as you do for second? Will you advocate for Muslims' right to worship, or a Hindu, or Bai Hai? Will you advocate for the right of the atheist to not worship? If you will not do all these things then the call for Supreme Court justices who will enforce the constitution are empty.

Do you not understand that the Christian life thrives the most when it is not coddled by a corrupt government? How can you expect a man who has violated every principle that Jesus taught to lead you into this utopia?

Ultimately Trump will fall from power. They always do. When he does there is going to be a backlash against the evangelical right that put him in power that will make you yearn for the good old days of the Obama Administration.

One last thought. The book of the Revelation was written to the churches as a warning of the coming apocalypse. You should reread it. Those stiff-necked people who refuse to repent.... They aren't who you think they are.

I'm not being hostile VPM - I'm pointing out that Health Savings Accounts are of no value to people who have no money to put in them. Similarly, your kind of single payer does not work for the destitute. What do you, as a Christian, say to these people? "Peace be with you brother. Be warm and be filled."? The Bible has something to say about that attitude, and it is the attitude of far too many people who claim the name of Jesus.

I understand that for many on the religious right the choice for President came down to Supreme Court Justices. I get it. I really do. You may even get your wish and see the rolling back of Roe v. Wade. When that happens, are you prepared to be there to minister to the women who now have to chose between rejection from their family, their church, etc.., or pursue unsafe abortion practices. Are you there for the women who abort today? Do you really believe that forcing people to live a Christian Lifestyle will result in a Christian nation?

This country is founded on the principle of separation between church and state. The government is constitutionally forbidden to show preference for one religion over another. Do you argue for first amendment rights as loudly as you do for second? Will you advocate for Muslims' right to worship, or a Hindu, or Bai Hai? Will you advocate for the right of the atheist to not worship? If you will not do all these things then the call for Supreme Court justices who will enforce the constitution are empty.

Do you not understand that the Christian life thrives the most when it is not coddled by a corrupt government? How can you expect a man who has violated every principle that Jesus taught to lead you into this utopia?

Ultimately Trump will fall from power. They always do. When he does there is going to be a backlash against the evangelical right that put him in power that will make you yearn for the good old days of the Obama Administration.

One last thought. The book of the Revelation was written to the churches as a warning of the coming apocalypse. You should reread it. Those stiff-necked people who refuse to repent.... They aren't who you think they are.
Oh, snap.

OK, there are too many carriers. I grant that. So, why not nationalize the system, which is what most advanced nations do, including your favorite country, Russia? Why are you and our so-called president against the obvious solution? And don't give me this 23% to 45% skewed number, which I am sure were doctored by Trump's cronies.

oh-snap-quote-1.jpg

OK, there are too many carriers. I grant that. So, why not nationalize the system, which is what most advanced nations do, including your favorite country, Russia? Why are you and our so-called president against the obvious solution? And don't give me this 23% to 45% skewed number, which I am sure were doctored by Trump's cronies.

If the alternative is a Russian style system, I'll take the Republicans "free market". I've been to hospitals in multiple countries, and Russia is one of the worst. My friend literally bribed the doctor for treatment. Let's not hold Russia up as a shining house on the hill.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/the-horror-of-russian-healthcare-a7443121.html

If the alternative is a Russian style system, I'll take the Republicans "free market". I've been to hospitals in multiple countries, and Russia is one of the worst. My friend literally bribed the doctor for treatment. Let's not hold Russia up as a shining house on the hill.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/the-horror-of-russian-healthcare-a7443121.html
No, I was not serious about Russia. I used her to rile our pastor.
However, it is true that most advanced nations do have single-payer systems. They seem to be quite happy about it, except for my friend who died in Norway because he could not see a doctor immediately; he was an American. I have a Group Health Insurance, now Kaiser Permanente. Occasionally, I cannot see a doctor of my choice. However, I certainly can see another doctor if I am willing to pay their ridiculous charge.

My Korean friends often go to Korea to get free treatments. Yes, Korea is another country with single payer system, although I am hedging here since it is a second-hand information.

No, I was not serious about Russia. I used her to rile our pastor.
However, it is true that most advanced nations do have single-payer systems. They seem to be quite happy about it, except for my friend who died in Norway because he could not see a doctor immediately; he was an American. I have a Group Health Insurance, now Kaiser Permanente. Occasionally, I cannot see a doctor of my choice. However, I certainly can see another doctor if I am willing to pay their ridiculous charge.

My Korean friends often go to Korea to get free treatments. Yes, Korea is another country with single payer system, although I am hedging here since it is a second-hand information.

I'm in favor of single payer, with a private option for the rich, who want treatment on demand.

I'm in favor of single payer, with a private option for the rich, who want treatment on demand.

Imo. Regardless of the systems, ultimately, they are all not sustainable. Right now, we have a battle between a Financial challenge and a Moral Imperative. They are all looking at short term gains, which most politicians tend to do -- but as mentioned before, they wont bend the curve much unless the patient care approach changes.

Imo. Regardless of the systems, ultimately, they are all not sustainable. Right now, we have a battle between a Financial challenge and a Moral Imperative. They are all looking at short term gains, which most politicians tend to do -- but as mentioned before, they wont bend the curve much unless the patient care approach changes.

In order for any system to succeed, people have to take better care of themselves.

The vast majority of our health expenses are because people eat crap all day and don't exercise. Diabetes, heart problems, Alzheimers.....just go on down the list. People can't shovel that garbage down their throats for 40 years and then scream, "Spare no expense to save me!!!!"

We also need to make alternative therapies more available......like CBD oil, which is truly a miracle cure for LOTS of problems.

And fairly cheap too.....and the cost would only come down if it were used more.

Have our farmers grow hemp.....a miracle plant....instead of all that corn and turning it into that fructose poison.

In order for any system to succeed, people have to take better care of themselves.

The vast majority of our health expenses are because people eat crap all day and don't exercise. Diabetes, heart problems, Alzheimers.....just go on down the list. People can't shovel that garbage down their throats for 40 years and then scream, "Spare no expense to save me!!!!"

We also need to make alternative therapies more available......like CBD oil, which is truly a miracle cure for LOTS of problems.

And fairly cheap too.....and the cost would only come down if it were used more.

Have our farmers grow hemp.....a miracle plant....instead of all that corn and turning it into that fructose poison.

You need accountability based on patient outcome. It works in business aka customer.

But because of the various lobbies and how the US healthcare system has gotten so complicated when healthcare of today doesnt need to be. Having said that, here in Singapore its getting that way.

Hope is such a powerful drug that it blinds them to any level of reasoning. Trump knows this and manipulates these poor people with it. This is why he is such an unscrupulous conman.

Look at the structure of his Trump University commercial. All you have to do is insert the Trump University pitch with that of his Trump presidential pitch. When it gets 'found out', then you punch down and bully your way out.

At the end of the day, its quite a sad reflection on the nation as it has certainly failed a large segment of society who are so desperate to listen/conned by this snake oil salesman.

That will be the lesson of the post-Trump presidency.

How the flipping hell did he get in (hint: Russia) and why were people so desperate to believe him.

Yes because Trump is the only presidential candidate to sell false "Hope".

He at least wasn't brazen enough to make it a campaign slogan.

Yes because Trump is the only presidential candidate to sell false "Hope".

He at least wasn't brazen enough to make it a campaign slogan.

At least you got yourself a white guy in the White House. Now we'll start working on Archie getting those white players you're concerned about.

I made a very quick look and did not see diuble-blind experiments on cbd oil. Is there such research you can point me to?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT