ADVERTISEMENT

Did Nick Tronti play in spring game

From what I watched everyone got in and ran a series to try and score. Tronti had a good series going and on 2nd down had to go after a bad snap and had to throw the ball away. The next play was an attempted 40-50 yard bomb which fell incomplete. Thats all I saw. It looked like he was going to continue but the tape got cut so...

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
PBR looked good

It is crazy that I thought he also looked good. He will supposedly be the 5th guy in the room and was still noticeable.

I have been trying to follow him and there has been no mention of the non scholly QBs. His family is close to my extended relatives and I was unable to watch him in high school, but he put up some really good numbers. I hope guys like this will get their 10 seconds of fame. Too bad the game was inside and not in front of a larger crowd.

It is crazy that I thought he also looked good. He will supposedly be the 5th guy in the room and was still noticeable.

I have been trying to follow him and there has been no mention of the non scholly QBs. His family is close to my extended relatives and I was unable to watch him in high school, but he put up some really good numbers. I hope guys like this will get their 10 seconds of fame. Too bad the game was inside and not in front of a larger crowd.

If we run the QB as much as it seems to be indicated that we will I think you'll get to see him at some point early this fall. They'll need everyone who isn't Redshirting to rotate thru so we'll have fresh legs in the 2nd half of the season... Those last 6 games will be the ones that make or break things for us...

Here's a way out of the box thought (that Tronti probably won't like): I wonder if he could play LB??

Here's a way out of the box thought (that Tronti probably won't like): I wonder if he could play LB??
Tronti will be alright. Lots of time to get where he needs to be. He didn't look bad they just gave him plays and he ran them. The last play was the only bomb I saw all day. Anyways I've seen situations where QB's practice okay and don't get in games and then when they get in they smoke. This kid has too many great results against damn good competition to not be considered.

Tronti will be alright. Lots of time to get where he needs to be. He didn't look bad they just gave him plays and he ran them. The last play was the only bomb I saw all day. Anyways I've seen situations where QB's practice okay and don't get in games and then when they get in they smoke. This kid has too many great results against damn good competition to not be considered.

Sounds good to me... I hope he lights the opposition up this fall when given the chance...

Reactions: Sassy61
Sounds good to me... I hope he lights the opposition up this fall when given the chance...
Honestly, I have to believe the kid Dawkins is going to be a major contributor this year with Ramsey. Tronti will be in the waiting along with Fiacable and Pabst. There are plenty that seem to be able to get the ball to our playmakers. Dawkins however has some damn good wheels (Pac12 wheels). He could end up smoking. Just a thought, but I remember when Iowa won the west and went up against Stanford. The speed comparison was just stupid as Stanford tore up Iowa.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT