ADVERTISEMENT

Did Moren not recruit AJ Guyton's daughter Aaliyah?

I’m going out on a limb. He is very vocal and out front. Has a pod cast. Maybe just avoiding issues with that.

Does he a lot of viewers on his podcast?
I’ll look. He gets some pretty good guests on it and does the coyle/assembly call a lot. It’s just a thought I had. Moren seems like the type who thinks about those things. Imho.

So it’s a field of 68 network show. Has about 16k followers on twitter.

Reactions: ulrey
AJ tweeted at one point that Moren doesn’t recruit players like his daughter
He was referring to the measurables if I remember right, his daughter is 5-7, and pretty much every guard Moren has recruited in last several years has been Lex is one of the smallest guards she has recruited out of HS, and yes she has brought in NCH and Ciezki from the portal, but that was after they proved themselves

He was referring to the measurables if I remember right, his daughter is 5-7, and pretty much every guard Moren has recruited in last several years has been Lex is one of the smallest guards she has recruited out of HS, and yes she has brought in NCH and Ciezki from the portal, but that was after they proved themselves
The tweet I saw he didn’t elaborate on what he meant 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tyra Buss is another one of the exceptions in that I believe she was 5'8 coming out of high school when IU recruited her.

In an item not related to this subject, there was a Grace Berger sighting tonight in Chicago with the Fever playing the Sky. She got three minutes on the floor at the end of the game going 0-1 from the field. She has pretty much become a practice player for the Fever and tonight was her first appearance on the floor in a game in a long time. I didn't want to start a new thread on something like this.

Reactions: CG Paul
Tyra Buss is another one of the exceptions in that I believe she was 5'8 coming out of high school when IU recruited her.

In an item not related to this subject, there was a Grace Berger sighting tonight in Chicago with the Fever playing the Sky. She got three minutes on the floor at the end of the game going 0-1 from the field. She has pretty much become a practice player for the Fever and tonight was her first appearance on the floor in a game in a long time. I didn't want to start a new thread on something like this.
Tyra was a Miller recruit

Reactions: muubell and ptrich
For what it’s worth she just offered the 5’6” Ashlynn James 2026 pg from a Kentucky high school.

I think Grace is at risk of being cut next year. Lex Hull has come on strong, is an inch taller, and has a three point shot. I’m not sure why Grace can’t score from mid range. Are the pros to fast or to tall for her to create her shot off the dribble? Maybe her confidence is down. The fever cut Taylor from Ohio State and Grace just literally never plays. I think Grace may be next.

I think Grace is at risk of being cut next year. Lex Hull has come on strong, is an inch taller, and has a three point shot. I’m not sure why Grace can’t score from mid range. Are the pros to fast or to tall for her to create her shot off the dribble? Maybe her confidence is down. The fever cut Taylor from Ohio State and Grace just literally never plays. I think Grace may be next.
Grace never plays because the Fever have 2 35+ minute a game All Stars at the two positions that would be her natural positions.

Grace never plays because the Fever have 2 35+ minute a game All Stars at the two positions that would be her natural positions.
They need to be subbed occasionally and there’s mop up time. She doesn’t get any of that.

I don’t follow them quite as closely as you do. I think you are talking about Mitchell and Clark.
Mitchell has blossomed into a scoring machine. She has to be on the court, I agree.
Clark, who I thought was a prima donna at Iowa and did not hustle back on defense if her lay up was blocked or dribble stolen, has earned much more respect from me. She is constantly physically hit and pushed with no ref calls and she just stays quiet. To me, it is her floor vision that is her best skill, even more than her shot.
Samuelson, Kristy Wallace (early season starter), and Wheeler get some minutes but Lex Hull has taken many of those minutes of late.

They need to be subbed occasionally and there’s mop up time. She doesn’t get any of that.
Yeah, so like in the game against the Sparks, Clark played 40 minutes and Mitchell played 36. Wheeler played 9. Generally it is those 3 gobbling up all the guard minutes.

ETA: I forgot Hull. Hard for Grace to get on the floor because that is 2 All Stars, a decade plus vet, and a pretty good young talent in front of her on the depth chart. Just Mitchell and Clark alone are getting the lionshare of minutes. I don't know if Berger will get a chance to grow into the position or not but it is hard to say if she is struggling or she just landed on a team with too much depth to get on the court.

Reactions: muubell
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT