ADVERTISEMENT

dID jUSTIN sMITH GET INJURED IN THE GAME??

Tru2Irish

Senior
Aug 2, 2013
N I didn't get to watch it but I checked the box score. Either he didn't have any impact or he was out early,anyone help on this?

nope, just sort of disappeared in the game. NAL took away fast break opps and it turned into more of a half court game. No break out dunks for Justin. Only 2 rebounds. Wouldn't say he played poorly, just not much in the box score to show for it.

Reactions: ORG
nope, just sort of disappeared in the game. NAL took away fast break opps and it turned into more of a half court game. No break out dunks for Justin. Only 2 rebounds. Wouldn't say he played poorly, just not much in the box score to show for it.
We scored 91 points. The need for him to score was not there. He did not play as well as he did the first two games in my opinion but that does not indicate any big problem.

We scored 91 points. The need for him to score was not there. He did not play as well as he did the first two games in my opinion but that does not indicate any big problem.

I think this is a reasonably good assessment of his impact here...would've liked to have seen more rebounding/defense in his impact...but I think we're going to see this sort of thing game-over-game this year...it's not a team where one individual dominates the box score and sets the tempo for the game kinda team.

N I didn't get to watch it but I checked the box score. Either he didn't have any impact or he was out early,anyone help on this?
Did you notice Race, Hunter, and Anderson looked better statistically? The casual IU fans should be aware that different players will be at the top throughout the year. Race and Jerome will become increasingly important as they gain experience. It doesn't mean Smith and Durham had bad games.

How is ND this year? I haven't seen much written about them. Hopefully IU can get another Crossroads win.

with Race playing more and TJD really going after the boards, Justin's rebounding numbers will probably dip this year. Not a bad sign for him, actually a good sign for the team. Throw in Brunk, DD, and we've got plenty of people to hit the boards. Justin playing more of a true 3 this year.

This...Justin thrives in transition and we were a half court offense last night.

Part of this I feel is Rob at the point. He doesn't push tempo and he is dribbling the air out of the ball so far.

TJD, who's also really good in transition, only had something like four shots but hit a ton of free throws with his new, higher release.

Justin is going to struggle if Rob dictates such a slow pace and forces us to depend more on our half court sets.

This...Justin thrives in transition and we were a half court offense last night.

Part of this I feel is Rob at the point. He doesn't push tempo and he is dribbling the air out of the ball so far.

TJD, who's also really good in transition, only had something like four shots but hit a ton of free throws with his new, higher release.

Justin is going to struggle if Rob dictates such a slow pace and forces us to depend more on our half court sets.
I don’t disagree but we should have had more screening between Justin and the other bigs along the baseline and in the paint. That’s where Justin is most effective, working off this inside screens.

justin's a really good dunker.

Thanks. The box score I looked at didn't show minutes so I had no idea how long he played. Green any closer to getting back on the court? ND is ok but not deep. They rely on half-court game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT