ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond Bane?

IUNCAAChamps2012

Freshman
Aug 19, 2009
What was the deal with his recruitment four years ago? A dead eye shooter from Richmond with literally no interest (not just IU, but everyone) who went on to be a first round pick and is shooting 46% from three as a rookie.

Was he on anyone’s radar around here?

What was the deal with his recruitment four years ago? A dead eye shooter from Richmond with literally no interest (not just IU, but everyone) who went on to be a first round pick and is shooting 46% from three as a rookie.

He played for a small Catholic school against inferior competition that he dominated by overpowering them, not with athleticism. Also, many had concerns about his ability to defend at the next level due to his shorter arms.

Still, I agree....huge miss.

I watched him play 6-7 times during his high school days and it’s perplexing he didn’t receive better offers. Yes, he played against smaller schools, yet it was obvious he was special. Early during his senior year had a longtime high school coach tell me the kid had the grit and game to play for any D1 team in the country. I believe Purdue was in the mix at one point.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
I watched him play 6-7 times during his high school days and it’s perplexing he didn’t receive better offers. Yes, he played against smaller schools, yet it was obvious he was special. Early during his senior year had a longtime high school coach tell me the kid had the grit and game to play for any D1 team in the country. I believe Purdue was in the mix at one point.
I think Brian snow was his name on peegs. He just quit. Wasn’t he a guy that ranks HS players for 24/7? How much you think he got paid? 50k a year would be high, ya? How much do you really value his opinion? Think he talks to the kids (god knows kids are not gonna give a guy like him any information) and is a good enough people reader to see intangibles like A Beard, or a WOODSON?!

Always misses with these guys. Remember, Zion was not the #1 recruit by a lot of these guys. Think to yourself how long it took you to realize he was the best player since Lebron. Don’t judge the kids until you see them play, and if you watch them play in HS, please provide your input. Many of you I would trust far before any of these guys getting paid to do it, because you know, you are smarter.

Reactions: mk23
He played for a small Catholic school against inferior competition that he dominated by overpowering them, not with athleticism. Also, many had concerns about his ability to defend at the next level due to his shorter arms.

Still, I agree....huge miss.
Luke *cough* Brown *cough*🤣

I think Brian snow was his name on peegs. He just quit. Wasn’t he a guy that ranks HS players for 24/7? How much you think he got paid? 50k a year would be high, ya? How much do you really value his opinion? Think he talks to the kids (god knows kids are not gonna give a guy like him any information) and is a good enough people reader to see intangibles like A Beard, or a WOODSON?!

Always misses with these guys. Remember, Zion was not the #1 recruit by a lot of these guys. Think to yourself how long it took you to realize he was the best player since Lebron. Don’t judge the kids until you see them play, and if you watch them play in HS, please provide your input. Many of you I would trust far before any of these guys getting paid to do it, because you know, you are smarter.

Snow just got hired by Penn State as director of recruiting. He was as connected as anyone in the industry. Kids and coaches both talked to him.

Nobody had Zion #1 in the nation. He was top 5 by everyone, which isn't a diss in any way.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Snow just got hired by Penn State as director of recruiting. He was as connected as anyone in the industry. Kids and coaches both talked to him.

Nobody had Zion #1 in the nation. He was top 5 by everyone, which isn't a diss in any way.

I would have had Zion number one, lot of those guys are idiots, including snow. Glad he got a gig at penn state, I’ll bet you 25k he gets let go from a shitty power 5 school in a made up position with in 4 years. Game?

Not even remotely similar to Luke Brown. You guys are unreal. He had a nice little career at Blackford. Can't we just call it what it was and not try to make it something it's not?

Not even remotely similar to Luke Brown. You guys are unreal. He had a nice little career at Blackford. Can't we just call it what it was and not try to make it something it's not?
Ummmmmmmm...it’s called a joke,get over yourself

That reads like something written for a middle school newspaper. I hope Penn State hired him as a non-paid intern.

ADVERTISEMENT