ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Elston will stay on as Director of Player Development

If he was coached and developed by crean, do we want someone from that administration? He seems like a great guy to me, but if people complained about crean's philosophy, why would they want someone molded by him?

If he was coached and developed by crean, do we want someone from that administration? He seems like a great guy to me, but if people complained about crean's philosophy, why would they want someone molded by him?
His job is to babysit, nothing more as he brings nothing more. He'll be gone within a year or two

Yes, he was, but he was also originally recruited by Sampson, so he was at least once open to a change of coach.

The logic here is mind blowing. Wow.

Reactions: hoosierraven
Huh? Do you think he is going to pull a MCLoud and visit Romeo and suggest Romeo follow Crean? What is wrong with Derek and his role? Who cares if he played for CTC?

Derek Elston was a Sampson recruit who honored his commitment to Indiana University and gave it his all during the dark years. He epitomizes what it means to be a Hoosier.

Where's he going?

Why is this thread so obnoxious?
Because that's what he was hired to do in the first place! He was hired because the players kept getting in trouble off the court! Man you are a piece of work

Because that's what he was hired to do in the first place! He was hired because the players kept getting in trouble off the court! Man you are a piece of work
You should read his post on the Cooler.

I was asking why he'd be gone in a year or two. Care to elaborate?

I was asking why he'd be gone in a year or two. Care to elaborate?
Hell who knows maybe he will or won't be but him being on the staff is pretty irrelevant. He may be a good dude blah blah blah but he's not needed anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT