ADVERTISEMENT

Dems need to start better organizing for 2016 races today

I thnk their singular focus should be on the presidency

Without a strong nominee for President, nothing else will matter.

And I don't think Hillary is it. Oh sure, she likely will be a formidable candidate in the primaries, but I just don't see how she can galvanize Democrats to the point that they can not only win the presidency, but also take back the Senate. (Unless the Republicans make a colossal mess of things over the next 18 months, I can't see how they lose the House in 2016--of course they've managed to do it in the past, so I guess anything's possible.)

Besides, I think both parties need a fresh start at the top of their tickets in 2016. No one on the Republican side excites me at this point, and I don't think there is anyone on the Democrat side that excites most Democrats.

Also, I'm not sure "anointed" nominees like Hillary (i.e., the presumptive nominee, waiting in the wings) are going to be all that appealing in today's world--especially someone that has been biding her time in that role for several years come 2016. As a Republican, what I fear most for 2016 is some Republican retread (or anyone on the top-5 list right now) running against a fresh face on the Democratic side (i.e., the next Bill Clinton or Barack Obama). I think it's easier for the Democrats to push forward someone new than it is for Republicans--and that's a problem, in my opinion, particularly when it comes to presidential elections.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT