ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive Backs coach?

Mas-sa-suta

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2003
The Achilles heel of this team all year has been the DB's, and UM is taking advantage of this all day...

There is more athletic talent there now, but still very young. Per coaching, biggest thing I don’t see is them turning their heads to the pass so as not to get a PI call. Isn’t that worked on a lot?

Per Teegarden, my complaint from afar would be grad assistants should maybe look to get their first job at a smaller school than a B10 school. Maybe with bigger asst budgets after the season, everyone will be further reviewed.

Speaking of coaches did anybody else notice Wommack -LB coach was always right next to Allen every time they showed him? I wonder if he is the guy that takes the DC spot when Allen is ready to relinquish it and focus on being HC.He is a guy that Allen brought in on his own rather than a holdover from the previous staff.

I noticed it every time. He’s like the coach whisperer. But will say he seems cool and composed.

There is more athletic talent there now, but still very young. Per coaching, biggest thing I don’t see is them turning their heads to the pass so as not to get a PI call. Isn’t that worked on a lot?

Per Teegarden, my complaint from afar would be grad assistants should maybe look to get their first job at a smaller school than a B10 school. Maybe with bigger asst budgets after the season, everyone will be further reviewed.

Thing to remember about Teegardin: he had about 7 or 8 years experience at the DII and FCS level before becoming a grad assistant at IU, including some time as a DC.

Grad assistants aren’t entry level positions anymore.

Reactions: 76-1
I thought the DB's played pretty well. I guess i"ll have to rewatch it. I think that 3 point second half killed us

The safety's are horrible. Teegardin was a bad hire.
We are young. Only lose one D-back. Getting better. Rotating a lot of players. There is progress. Our biggest problem today was our linebackers ignoring the tight ends.

Reactions: coachv jr
We are young. Only lose one D-back. Getting better. Rotating a lot of players. There is progress. Our biggest problem today was our linebackers ignoring the tight ends.

Pick your poison. We shut down a good running game. In the end that is why the game was close. We aren't good enough to play a team like that straight up yet. We keep this recruiting up, that day is coming.

Totally agree with 13thMan. The young DBs would be helped tremendously by ANY KIND of consistent pass rush. Even when we blitz we don't "get home." Don't know our sack/hurry/ qb knock down rate for the year, but it's gotta be near the bottom of the league. The difference in time that Ramsey has to throw vs good D's vs what our opponents qb gets is maddening.

linebacker is a weakness. hopefully we get some juco help next season. perhaps a few tweeners will add a little weight and move to lb such as cam jones, ball or mathews

Reactions: channi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT