ADVERTISEMENT

Decommits

iucutter87

Benchwarmer
Apr 22, 2009
I know we have a new coach and you lose some kids, but how much of a set back is it to lose these guys?

Avery Short of Southport High School and @USABaseball18U
Julian Greenwell from Columbus East
Cole Gilley, from Columbus East, in decommitting from Hoosier Baseball.
Parker Maddox
Daylen Lile (Louisville
Kurtis Byrne (TCU)

Cutter - Great ? It would be great to get some updated recruiting info from the site/those in the know when possible. I'd like to understand how many decommits we have and who's in the pipeline.

I know we have a new coach and you lose some kids, but how much of a set back is it to lose these guys?

Parker Maddox
Daylen Lile (Louisville
Kurtis Byrne (TCU)
Seems like quite a few decommits for one team. Not sure reasoning

Cutter - Great ? It would be great to get some updated recruiting info from the site/those in the know when possible. I'd like to understand how many decommits we have and who's in the pipeline.

Mobile, please check the 'recruiting' thread pinned at the top of this board. There are updates there and an updated story on IN recruits from Iubase.com website. Several folks from this board contribute to this resource. All are welcome.
Thanks for your inquiry.

Go Hoosiers!

That is certainly a shame. I'm hearing Lemo was the reason at least one of them committed in the first place, and is going to visit MSU.

Like I mentioned before, I just hope it works out like it did when Smith left and IU baseball is more successful than Miss State, just like we have been better than Arizona State these past 4 years. I have faith in Mercer! GO HOOSIERS!!!

That is certainly a shame. I'm hearing Lemo was the reason at least one of them committed in the first place, and is going to visit MSU.

Like I mentioned before, I just hope it works out like it did when Smith left and IU baseball is more successful than Miss State, just like we have been better than Arizona State these past 4 years. I have faith in Mercer! GO HOOSIERS!!!
Lol, if I was a betting man, MSU is going to be just fine. Kids want to play for decorated coaches like Lem. Mercer, and his staff, are still big question marks in the national landscape of college baseball. Some of these kids that decommitted played for the Bulls organization. That’s alarming to me considering the connections. Mercer is still very unproven. I’m my eyes IU has made a really risky hire, and only time will tell the outcome the next 4-5 years. You have to be able to recruit the best players if you want to win, and beat some national power schools for instate kids, it’s not rocket science. Anyway, this could be a long topic to discuss, just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Lol, if I was a betting man, MSU is going to be just fine. Kids want to play for decorated coaches like Lem. Mercer, and his staff, are still big question marks in the national landscape of college baseball. Some of these kids that decommitted played for the Bulls organization. That’s alarming to me considering the connections. Mercer is still very unproven. I’m my eyes IU has made a really risky hire, and only time will tell the outcome the next 4-5 years. You have to be able to recruit the best players if you want to win, and beat some national power schools for instate kids, it’s not rocket science. Anyway, this could be a long topic to discuss, just have to wait and see how it all plays out.
What, lol cuz I'm rooting for us to be better than MSU? You probably wouldn't have thought we would be better than ASU when Smith left, correct? And yet we were.

What, lol cuz I'm rooting for us to be better than MSU? You probably wouldn't have thought we would be better than ASU when Smith left, correct? And yet we were.
Better how? In record? yes we were better in record the last 4 years (ASU 117-107 to IU 141-91-2), and made more tournaments (2 to 3). It’s not by a large gap. There’s no question that ASU and MSU are better programs overall, and more recognizable nationally. Lem has lots of positives to work with, more than Skip has at the moment. And for the record, I wasn’t sold on Skip having instant success. Lem has a easier path in that regard.

Mobile, please check the 'recruiting' thread pinned at the top of this board. There are updates there and an updated story on IN recruits from Iubase.com website. Several folks from this board contribute to this resource. All are welcome.
Thanks for your inquiry.

Go Hoosiers!
I must be blind. I see the FB recruiting and BB recruiting but where is the Baseball thread?

Better how? In record? yes we were better in record the last 4 years (ASU 117-107 to IU 141-91-2), and made more tournaments (2 to 3). It’s not by a large gap. There’s no question that ASU and MSU are better programs overall, and more recognizable nationally. Lem has lots of positives to work with, more than Skip has at the moment. And for the record, I wasn’t sold on Skip having instant success. Lem has a easier path in that regard.
"Better how"? That's not even debatable, large gap or not. But both you mentioned, records and tournaments, prove that point.

Jeff Mercer is a better coach than Lemo or Smith. If Scott Rolen vouches for him, that's all you need to know.

Btw. These kids could re-commit.
I think Jeff is going to do well here. If that is the case, a big name school will come calling at some point.

"Better how"? That's not even debatable, large gap or not. But both you mentioned, records and tournaments, prove that point.
I think the gap is certainly relevant, and as I’ve pointed out, it’s not a large one. I agree with you, IU has been better in that span.

[QUOTE="biglewexpress, post: 2437072, member: 6478"

Lem has lots of positives to work with, more than Skip has at the moment. And for the record, I wasn’t sold on Skip having instant success. Lem has a easier path in that regard.[/QUOTE]

Ya think! Lem landed in a great situation to put it mildly. Inherited a team that just finished 3rd in CWS with a lot returning. Has 2 signed pitchers who turned down 1st round draft money to play college ball. JT Ginn (30th pick) has clearly indicated he is in, and Lem and now Scott Foxhall* have to fend off some one year JC temptation for Carter Stewart (8th pick). Several others in the class he inherited are highly regarded including Huntertown Indiana native catcher Hayden Jones.

Add the talent to the opening of the new stadium and expectation in Starkville are sky high. Lem has a legitimate shot to hit a home run in his first year on the big stage.

Lem did a good job at IU keeping the program from falling way off. At the same time he got what he wanted and likely more than he dreamed of with this opportunity at MSU. Good for him, wish him well.

Foxhall looks like a great consolation after swinging for the fences with Yeskie. Henderson seems very competent but that would have been very awkward IMO.

Last edited:

Parker Maddox
Daylen Lile (Louisville
Kurtis Byrne (TCU)
Are any of these guys recommitting?

Parker Maddox
Daylen Lile (Louisville
Kurtis Byrne (TCU)
Are any of these guys recommitting?
Greenwell committed to Wright State

Reactions: mobilehoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT