ADVERTISEMENT

Debris removal and red tape

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
In case you wanna know why debris removal is not as fast as you think it should be.

Red Tape

There are pre-proved contractors who follow storms. That might be okay for smalller incidents, but in these extra-ordinary times this red tape is a problem.

When Biden says he is doing everything possible, one more thing would be to waive some of these requirements. I have not seen that he has issued any waivers. Local governments should be able to use and pay for any one who has a front end loader and a dump truck.

Biden through a few executive orders has imposed a number of DEI requirements on federal agencies, and federal contractors. I don’t know if those requirements will affect federal reimbursements to local contracted debris removal services. That could be another problem.

So, in other words, your thread starter is premature and a waste of time.
No. I was being charitable towards the government. FEMA prioritized equity over relief in a number of ways

What I don’t know is whether the DEI EO’s apply to FEMA reimbursements. The other items definitely apply and I think some of those can be waived in these exigent circumstances.

In case you wanna know why debris removal is not as fast as you think it should be.

Red Tape

There are pre-proved contractors who follow storms. That might be okay for smalller incidents, but in these extra-ordinary times this red tape is a problem.

When Biden says he is doing everything possible, one more thing would be to waive some of these requirements. I have not seen that he has issued any waivers. Local governments should be able to use and pay for any one who has a front end loader and a dump truck.

Biden through a few executive orders has imposed a number of DEI requirements on federal agencies, and federal contractors. I don’t know if those requirements will affect federal reimbursements to local contracted debris removal services. That could be another problem.
You did not mention something important:

Florida has its own rules that also must be complied with. Biden can't change state law.

Florida is roughly 1/2 the population of Great Britain, so it's too big to be ignored.

Pssst. It's not just Biden or Desantis.

No. I was being charitable towards the government. FEMA prioritized equity over relief in a number of ways

What I don’t know is whether the DEI EO’s apply to FEMA reimbursements. The other items definitely apply and I think some of those can be waived in these exigent circumstances.
You've already demonstrated your understanding of what FEMA did leaves something to be desired, so forgive me for waiting for facts instead of just accepting your assumptions on the matter.

Last edited:
You've already demonstrated your understanding of what FEME did leaves something to be desired, so forgive me for waiting for facts instead of just accepting your assumptions on the matter.
you don’t understand the funding point any better than you understand the debris removal contracting requirements.

• Love
Reactions: jet812
You did not mention something important:

Florida has its own rules that also must be complied with. Biden can't change state law.

Florida is roughly 1/2 the population of Great Britain, so it's too big to be ignored.

Pssst. It's not just Biden or Desantis.
Gotta love FEMA’s three most important goals in building a nation resilient to disasters. Goal #1 is a gem.

• Angry
Reactions: jet812

Red Tape

Keep in mind that the 'contractors' with arrangements with the Fed, make tens of $millions out of extremely lucrative deals, and the donations to the pols would be negatively affected if someone other than them actually stepped up to help the victims of these disastrous storms.

Nothing personal.

It's just business.

Keep in mind that the 'contractors' with arrangements with the Fed, make tens of $millions out of extremely lucrative deals, and the donations to the pols would be negatively affected if someone other than them actually stepped up to help the victims of these disastrous storms.

Nothing personal.

It's just business.
Generally speaking, federal regulations and red tape favor big operators.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT