ADVERTISEMENT

DeBoer on Sheridan....

Where's the link?

I would like to read the context. Ready to be an OC... At a G5? P5? B1G? Or specifically for Indiana?
Yes, yes, yes, & yes.. Sorry, I don't have a link, but yes to all of those questions. He thinks very highly of Sheridan, & he's not the only one, from what I've heard. Not just thinks highly of, but specifically feels he can handle OC duties. Apparently he was quite involved in the offense this year. Also, CTA wants continuity in the offense, & he believes Sheridan will keep the same base offense in place. KNOWS he will, in fact.

Last edited:
Yes, yes, yes, & yes.. Sorry, I don't have a link, but yes to all of those questions. He thinks very highly of Shridan, & he's not the only one, from what I've heard. Not just thinks highly of, but specifically feels he can handle OC duties. Apparently he was quite involved in the offense this year. Also, CTA wants continuity in the offense, & he believes Sheridan will keep the same basic offense in place. KNOWS he will, in fact.
Great. Thanks.

Great. Thanks.
& what's more, & CRUCIALLY, I think Deboer is sincere about it. Sometimes, OFTEN times even, coaches in this situation will just hold the company line & give you coachspeak & say all the nice things, but I don't get the sense that it's the case in this instance. I think he means what he says about Sheridan. I suspect that Deboer would probably just avoid the question if he didn't feel this way about Sheridan. I don't think he's lying.

And if Sheridan is the OC without a "Co" then how is Heard a Co-OC? Co would generally imply that you have 2 people sharing the same job. It should be more like Assistant Coordinator wouldn't you think?

Me thinks Allen is good at making people's job title sound better than it is.

Reactions: vesuvius13
And if Sheridan is the OC without a "Co" then how is Heard a Co-OC? Co would generally imply that you have 2 people sharing the same job. It should be more like Assistant Coordinator wouldn't you think?

If you haven't already done so, check out mattn's video clip from "Cheers" on the other thread. Sometimes I forget how good that show was.

Reactions: hoosiers kid
Well, that sheds a different light on it for me. DeBoer was pretty effusive in his praise of the whole staff. If he says it's a good move, then I believe him.

I have improved my outlook to 'cautiously optimistic'.
Right, & it's not just THAT he says it's a good move, but the way he said it: that's far too in depth & thoughtful to be anything other than the truth. We should all be excited!

Ever hear of a pilot and a co-pilot?

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT