ADVERTISEMENT

Death March 2020-21 - only 2 undefeated D1 Teams remaining

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
In observance of a continuing tradition initiated by someone else honoring the 1976 IU Hoosiers.

Baylor, Winthrop, Michigan, Siena, Gonzaga, Drake, The Citadel & Alabama A & M.

Guessing Gonzaga might be the only one left come Tourney time but profess to know nothing about any of the Teams outside the power Conferences.

Last edited:
Best chance of anyone in a while. Baylor will get got soon, Big 12 is just too good. But the Zags are undoubtedly entering the tournament undefeated.
I doubt it, there's too many variables. They always seem to go down to a St. Mary's or San Diego State or someone, plus COVID could yield a loss well before that. This might be the least likely year ever for expecting a team to go undefeated

I doubt it, there's too many variables. They always seem to go down to a St. Mary's or San Diego State or someone, plus COVID could yield a loss well before that. This might be the least likely year ever for expecting a team to go undefeated

Nope. They could beat St. Mary’s or SDSU with their second team this year.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Aren't all the Ivy league teams undefeated?

In observance of a continuing tradition initiated by someone else honoring the 1976 IU Hoosiers.

Guessing Gonzaga might be the only one left come Tourney time but profess to know nothing about any of the Teams outside the power Conferences.

Without doing a search, who remembers (like some of us older guys) or knows who the other undefeated team was in the '76 Final Four? They lost to Michigan in the Semi-final and then lost the third place game.

I think Gonzaga has the best chance of those teams being undefeated by the tournament because of their otherwise weak conference, but I wouldn't take them against the field in the tournament. I don't think this is the year we'll have another undefeated champion. Too many variables due to COVID and too many strong teams out there.

Without doing a search, who remembers (like some of us older guys) or knows who the other undefeated team was in the '76 Final Four? They lost to Michigan in the Semi-final and then lost the third place game.

I think Gonzaga has the best chance of those teams being undefeated by the tournament because of their otherwise weak conference, but I wouldn't take them against the field in the tournament. I don't think this is the year we'll have another undefeated champion. Too many variables due to COVID and too many strong teams out there.
Rutgers showed up undefeated and barely seen by anyone nationally, but lost both games in Philly.

Had to look it up. Would have never guessed.
I remember in High School wondering how the heck they could be undefeated too and was even surprised when they got to the Final Four. However, not surprised they lost two there. They were actually a solid team to go undefeated and reach the Final four (though the tournament wasn't as large as it is now), just not as good as the other teams in the Final Four.

I could see Baylor, Michigan, and Gonzaga all go undefeated. One of these three will win the national title.

Wow, for once, we agree :)

Drake loses. Believe that makes just two.

I guessed Depaul ... which was wrong.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT