ADVERTISEMENT

DC

snowling

Hall of Famer
I think Jones should be the pick. He has lots of experience it seems and he has the benefit of having Tom Allen as a tutor/mentor.

Unless there's a guy out there who has substantial experience running a 4-2-5, Jones should probably be the pick. That said, maybe Tom needs to run the defense next year?? I just do not want to lose the tremendous blitz packages and disguises that Kane excels at running.

My prediction is Jones to D- coordinator with Shelby elevated to co-D coordinator.
guy from Auburn joins staff.
the better part of story for me is how positive it all appears. Coaches seeing IU as a place to get recognized and promoted internally and promoted for leadership jobs at other schools.
strength guys to Bama
Kalen and Kane to HC jobs.
Allen coach of the year
I have to pinch myself. Been waiting my whole life.
Go Hoosiers!

I think the DC will be from within. I am more interested in the linebacker coach hire. They need an elite recruiter. The O Line coach is a weak recruiter and the D Line coach seems to be struggling a little too. We need the linebacker coach to be a Pied Piper.

Reactions: TominDallas
Mississippi d is horrible this year

McGriff would be coming from Auburn not Ole Miss... He was only at Mississippi for a year and ran a 4-3 there... If he shows up here my guess is that he'd be coaching the DB's in some fashion (probably Safeties)...

I think Jones should be the pick. He has lots of experience it seems and he has the benefit of having Tom Allen as a tutor/mentor.

Unless there's a guy out there who has substantial experience running a 4-2-5, Jones should probably be the pick. That said, maybe Tom needs to run the defense next year?? I just do not want to lose the tremendous blitz packages and disguises that Kane excels at running.
I agree Jones would be a great choice.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
I agree Jones would be a great choice.
I agree that Jones has the inside track here. But we do not know his personality. Can he gets the kids fired up? We do not know his strategic capability. Can he put together a great game plan?

I am pretty intrigued with White from WKU. He runs the 4-2-5 and has done it very successfully. He has demonstrate

I think between Jones, Symons, Kiffen and White we can't lose. I like McGriff's experience but he didn't run a 4-2-5 when he was DC at Miss.
it needs to be someone with LB coaching experience, ideally in a 4-2-5/3-3-5, or otherwise Teegardin might have to move to LBs with someone else (the new guy?) taking over Husky.

IIRC McGriff has little if any LB coaching experience; neither does White, but he played the position in college FWIW.

Symons also has mostly coached DBs but did coach LBs at Memphis. Same with Kiffin, who has mostly coached DL but does have some LB coaching experience too.

Woodie actually intrigues me, especially if CTA promotes from within for DC and wants a new guy to coach LBs. It doesn't hurt, either, that he's FAU's Recruiting Coordinator and coached at FSU and Oregon. He's got to have lots of contacts, both in Florida and in other parts of the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT