ADVERTISEMENT

Days of Knight by Kirk Haston

IU-Ron

Benchwarmer
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2001
Just finished reading the book and I thought it was very GOOD....I forget did Kirk recently pass or is he still alive?????

Reactions: .Gerdis
Just finished reading the book and I thought it was very GOOD....I forget did Kirk recently pass or is he still alive?????
He's alive. He's currently a politician and is serving in the TN House of Reps.

Haston was a very good player at IU!
I'm not sure why you're telling me this. I'm aware of his playing days at IU and what a good player he was. I was simply answering the question from the OP about his current breathing status.

Great player and loved the video.
How much did losing his mother have to do with his decision to leave early?

Another what coulda been had he stayed one more year.
I was setting in a sports bar in Ft Myers Fl, when the announcement went across the bottom of the screen. Kirk Haston, Indiana University, has entered the NBA draft. I screamed out loud, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Then he went 17th in the first round.

How’s that? Wat shot was nearly a decade ago. I’m a season ticket holder. Have seen dozens of big games with hundreds of empty seats though
Sorry, if you meant that particular moment, you could be right. However, if you mean the game atmosphere hasn’t been as good since, you are wrong.

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
How’s that? Wat shot was nearly a decade ago. I’m a season ticket holder. Have seen dozens of big games with hundreds of empty seats though
Sorry, if you meant that particular moment, you could be right. However, if you mean the game atmosphere hasn’t been as good since, you are wrong.
No I do mean game atmosphere in general. It has its moments certainly, but no where near the consistency and certainly not near the big game peaks. Sorry, just have seen too many last decade

Reactions: hoosier48
Knight would not have let him take that shot. Just my opinion. He was like that with big men. They weren't supposed to be out there. Jason Collier was a good example. He would make 3's and Coach Knight was upset by it.

I think Knight would allow Kirk to shoot 3s eventually if he showed he could hit them consistently, just maybe not as freshman or sophomore. Knight did allow Eric Anderson to shoot 3s in his senior year. Coach Knight did have a plan to develop his players and was adaptable if he wanted to. He wanted to develop Collier to be an inside player first. I remember he was so happy to see Collier using shot fakes working hard inside. In these days, 7 footers did not just stand outside and shoot 3s. But the problem between Knight and Collier was not just how Collier wanted to play. Kids in the 90s changed. They would not take Knight's style anymore. Neither would their parents.

No I do mean game atmosphere in general. It has its moments certainly, but no where near the consistency and certainly not near the big game peaks. Sorry, just have seen too many last decade

I wasn't there but the Hall looked on fire for Duke 2 years ago even though we lost.

I think Knight would allow Kirk to shoot 3s eventually if he showed he could hit them consistently, just maybe not as freshman or sophomore. Knight did allow Eric Anderson to shoot 3s in his senior year. Coach Knight did have a plan to develop his players and was adaptable if he wanted to. He wanted to develop Collier to be an inside player first. I remember he was so happy to see Collier using shot fakes working hard inside. In these days, 7 footers did not just stand outside and shoot 3s. But the problem between Knight and Collier was not just how Collier wanted to play. Kids in the 90s changed. They would not take Knight's style anymore. Neither would their parents.
I blame Kurt Cobain and grunge :)

But you are correct...the group of Cheney/Grahams/Nover/Bailey et al, were the last group that seemed to fully buy into RMK's way. Collier, Lawson, Recker, Reid, Andre P, even poor Charlie Miller...IU was competing with Duke for top program in 92 and 93...a few years later, something very substantial had changed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT