ADVERTISEMENT

Da'shaun Brown commits...

I honestly believe in CTA. I don't believe in his OC but I believe in his ability to recruit. This has been proven to be true the past two cycles. The guys can get people interested in Hoosier football! I believe if we can get some great surrounding cast around CTA. We can start to see a change in Hoosier football. Half the battle in college sports is the recruiting. IF we can keep this class and build on the class and current freshmen class we have. I see good things for this program.

Things take more than one or even two years, (and currently just one recruiting class so far.)

There is legit talent building and think everyone can agree this year we saw some talented FR & RS FR and a glimpse of what’s in store.

This kid had an offer from IA & WI, isn’t that credible for everyone?

Penix will add a deep threat, Sampson James the 1-2 with Scott and we wil see if any staff tweaks ahead. (Not only after early signing day, but I could see some movement after bowl games.)

Even if IU is 9th in B10, if it’s top 40 class, there are going to be players who can play and depth building.

Until ink is signed by early and then final recruits it’s still speculation, but I have great confidence in the work ethic and recruiting abilities of Coach Allen and the staff. I expect another positive class ahead. (Just like what hoops is doing)

Tom can recruit, he's proving that right here with this young man. This kid is a good looking athlete, he should play early, IMO.

That being said, Indiana needs lineman more than anything. I'm hoping they can grab at least two more quality lineman before it's over.

Talent is as talent does...before evaluating a groups talent...look closer.

True "Athlete".

He plays both QB & CB in high school and looks like he could also play WR in college.
If only we had some plays that could take advantage of his running, passing and throwing skills -- instead of just one set of those skills.

If only we had some plays that could take advantage of his running, passing and throwing skills -- instead of just one set of those skills.
You mean like Taylor, who was hyped to do all sorts of things, but ended up hardly playing?

With these 'athletes', I think you have to put them in a position and leave them there and let them learn the position. I'm not a big fan of a guy coming in and being a RB one play and a split end the next. (Rondale Moore is an exception - he can play any position he wants on my team) He was brought in as a DB - I think we get too cute with possibilities. We do have other emergency QBs - walkons. Sure, the 'athlete' may look good in some areas, but without enough time to develop skills in that position, it's almost a waste of a year. Sometimes walkons can come in and surprise you. But since we never play any of our backup QBs, we don't know what we've got in game.

I don't have a problem with Reece playing QB, but if we're going to do that, I hope he's in a position to really compete for it and not have it be an 'emergency' situation.

Reactions: Lillyr66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT