ADVERTISEMENT

Dasan and Daeh being disrespected

jlasson

Freshman
Jun 24, 2021
After McCollough mania last spring, we Hoosier fans went crazy. OTS I noticed Dasan's rating fell on all three recruiting sites, Rivals dropped him from 34 to 52, 247 dropped him, 247 only dropped him a few spots, but they only had him at 94 to begin with so they were already a little lower on him. I also know ESPN dropped him slightly, but not sure how much as they don't release rankings history on their page. I can't help but think his flip from OSU to IU had a little something to do with that. I watched his highlights at the opening over the summer, his development has continued. While I know Dasan's high school competition is not elite, he is absolutely dominating, just ridiculous highlights on both side of the ball, I won't go into details but you can find them on twitter. The same can be said for Daeh, who is 78 on 247, which came out before he committed, but he's not even top 200 on rivals which was conveniently released after his commitment. I think rivals is biasing against the Mccollough's for their choice of college, while I know that in the end, rankings don't actually mean anything, it's the player that matters, it still frustrates me because I really think Dasan would and Daeh would both be 5-10 spots higher on 247 sports composite if they were committed to a traditional powerhouse, they should not be punished for the history of Indiana football or their decision to commit to IU.

After McCollough mania last spring, we Hoosier fans went crazy. OTS I noticed Dasan's rating fell on all three recruiting sites, Rivals dropped him from 34 to 52, 247 dropped him, 247 only dropped him a few spots, but they only had him at 94 to begin with so they were already a little lower on him. I also know ESPN dropped him slightly, but not sure how much as they don't release rankings history on their page. I can't help but think his flip from OSU to IU had a little something to do with that. I watched his highlights at the opening over the summer, his development has continued. While I know Dasan's high school competition is not elite, he is absolutely dominating, just ridiculous highlights on both side of the ball, I won't go into details but you can find them on twitter. The same can be said for Daeh, who is 78 on 247, which came out before he committed, but he's not even top 200 on rivals which was conveniently released after his commitment. I think rivals is biasing against the Mccollough's for their choice of college, while I know that in the end, rankings don't actually mean anything, it's the player that matters, it still frustrates me because I really think Dasan would and Daeh would both be 5-10 spots higher on 247 sports composite if they were committed to a traditional powerhouse, they should not be punished for the history of Indiana football or their decision to commit to IU.
That was predictable...

We've seen this happen before...

The good news is they can Make them Respect them on the field both now and when they get here...

I've said it multiple times, those recruiting sites cater primarily to their subscribers and those are always the usual suspects...

Last edited:
I pay much more attention to recruits tapes and their offer sheets to determine the quality of athlete they are. When they come to IU it is up to them to show how good they are just as Fryfogle and McFadden have as players not rated high coming out high school. IU has a number of other players that have shown they are better than their ratings IE Mullen, Penix, etc.

Last edited:
I pay much more attention to recruits tapes and their offer sheets to determine the quality of athlete they are. When they come to IU it is up to them to show how good they are just as Fryfogle and McFadden have as players not rated high coming out high school. IU has a number of other players that have shown they are better than their ratings IE Mullen, Penix, etc.
Agree. I do not see tapes but I do look at whom else wants them.

Just more culture that needs to change.

BTW, it’s McCullough.

ADVERTISEMENT