ADVERTISEMENT

Darkest Day II

DANC

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
I agree 100% with this article. I don't believe the Big Ten made the right decision to begin with, but once they did, they should have stuck to their guns, barring some cure or vaccine for the virus.

They were all for 'safety of the players' when that was the popular thing to do. But now that public pressure was put on (and the money spigot got turned off) they caved.

Reactions: Jssanto and 76-1
I agree 100% with this article. I don't believe the Big Ten made the right decision to begin with, but once they did, they should have stuck to their guns, barring some cure or vaccine for the virus.

They were all for 'safety of the players' when that was the popular thing to do. But now that public pressure was put on (and the money spigot got turned off) they caved.

It's all about the $$$$$. Those clowns couldn't care less about the athletes or their families...

Last edited:

Brennan’s indignation about the “Trumpeting” of the B10 and the conference “becoming the SEC” belies the notion that the initial decision not to play wasn’t largely political/cultural. Then they started to see the real world impact of their decision and reversed course.

The incessant whining and negativity is beyond tiresome. If it all sucks so bad, find another conference and team to cheer for. Or at least take your drivel somewhere else.

The incessant whining and negativity is beyond tiresome. If it all sucks so bad, find another conference and team to cheer for. Or at least take your drivel somewhere else.
Nah, I think I'll continue posting.

You can always put me on ignore.

I don't give a shit about positioning on the call to postpone. They researched it. They made it. They evaluated it. They changed it. It's actually a simple "decision making, planning and control model" found in many text books.
These people writing have to sell articles so they write them. Some are good and some are not.
If the kids, coaches, and staff and their families feel safe and want to play then cool!
If a kid and his family are not comfortable I applaud their option to make their own decision.
I'm selfish on this one. Lets play and kick some empty stadium ass.
Trying to compare decisions from other conferences is for people making money by stirring the political pot.
Go Hoosiers!

I don't give a shit about positioning on the call to postpone. They researched it. They made it. They evaluated it. They changed it. It's actually a simple "decision making, planning and control model" found in many text books.
These people writing have to sell articles so they write them. Some are good and some are not.
If the kids, coaches, and staff and their families feel safe and want to play then cool!
If a kid and his family are not comfortable I applaud their option to make their own decision.
I'm selfish on this one. Lets play and kick some empty stadium ass.
Trying to compare decisions from other conferences is for people making money by stirring the political pot.
Go Hoosiers!
Good point. New data in new decisions out.
However, I still don’t trust them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT