ADVERTISEMENT

Dare I dream ... ?!?

gulcherboy

Freshman
Dec 5, 2002
This is the kind of offense I hope to see:
Payton at QB, Penix and Taylor lined up in some receiving spot.
And THEN, run the double-reverse and whoever ends up with the ball can: 1.) Run with it. 2.) Pitch it to Payton or the RB so they can run with it. 3.) Chuck that bad boy to anyone in the receiving corps who is open.
Our very own double-reverse, triple option!
Take a look, ladies and gentlemen:

This is the kind of offense I hope to see:
Payton at QB, Penix and Taylor lined up in some receiving spot.
And THEN, run the double-reverse and whoever ends up with the ball can: 1.) Run with it. 2.) Pitch it to Payton or the RB so they can run with it. 3.) Chuck that bad boy to anyone in the receiving corps who is open.
Our very own double-reverse, triple option!
Take a look, ladies and gentlemen:
A friend of mine and I were actually talking about this idea the other day, regarding football in general. That would be pretty awesome.

I'm thinkin' that if we run enough of these kinds of plays, the defense will be standing there thinking, "I don't know where the ball's going and I don't know where it's coming from. How in the world do I defend this?!?"
(That may be where the "dream" part of it comes in ...

Reactions: RBB89
That is fun but I don’t think you’ll see a lot of this out of BeBord. It’s hard to make a living with trick plays. If we can just make the read option work I’ll be happy.

Not sure they will expose Taylor to that kind of beating just yet. Maybe in another year or so. Might be more effective with Penix under center so he could go deep and let Ramsey and Taylor run or work the short stuff.

Reactions: gulcherboy
That will be good for about two plays a season. Only another 700 to go.
What if we do it twice a quarter and have, I don't know, say two dozen plays from which we choose? And I'm thinking I'd rather see these on first or second down rather than third or, God forbid, fourth down.

Let's run the flea flicker once this season. We used it about 0 times last year. Debord is so vanilla. I like Tom Allen a lot as a coach but as an OC I'd rather have Jeff Brohm over Debord.

What if we do it twice a quarter and have, I don't know, say two dozen plays from which we choose? And I'm thinking I'd rather see these on first or second down rather than third or, God forbid, fourth down.
My only problem with that is that it would take a significant amount of limited practice time to get a dozen or two plays in good enough to the point they don’t blow up in a game. Practice time we need to get the regular offense in.

Maybe one or two good ones we can work on a little each week and save for Purdue?

I've said before the mere presence of both Dawkins and Ramsey in the backfield together opens up all kinds of opportunities. It would be criminal not to have a package that includes them both.

Reactions: gulcherboy
ADVERTISEMENT