ADVERTISEMENT

Dane Fife

Assuming Stevens, Donovan, Beard, and Marshall are off the table hire Bruce Pearl. He’s a flat out winner, would recruit like a MF’r at IU, and plays a style the fans would love. He’d give us a great decade and put us back on the map. But too obvious for this administration.
I'd go pearl hands down without blinking an eye. However, like stated above they will probably hire a woman to be all pc who knows nothing about bball. We think we have hit the bottom of the barrel but don't count on it in the new pc world.

And please, enough with the Michael Lewis’s and Dane Fife’s. If Arch goes south, it has got to be a super big-time hire to replace him. Somebody with a great track record who will regularly attract big-time recruits. This can’t be small-time anymore. That ship has sailed. The program could be on life-support unless Archie can turn it around in the next year or so, which I’m afraid looks highly unlikely.
It already is on life support. Has been for three years at least.

I don’t believe anybody other than say Coach K or Wright because of their long-time attachment to their program and university, is really off the table if the money is right. The really good coaches have huge egos and would love the challenge of resurrecting a once great program like ours. I don’t want him for reasons not worth repeating but I bet Calipari would love a challenge like IU and what success here would mean for his legacy. You can bet others like Chris Beard and maybe even Stevens would be thinking the same way.
Maybe Beard, Marshall, Matta, or Donovan (not likely realistic yet, but I bet his gig ain't what he bargained for in terms of professional satisfaction now, and we can dream can't we). Cal not an option, is that a joke? He will either be killing us forever as a coach, lifetime consultant, AD, forever until we get out shit together. Really, Pitino would be a more realistic option, and I bet he'd totally love to stick it hard to all Kentucky fanbases at this point? His settlement did a lot to bring to light that maybe he was letting assistants run wild, but might never let that happen again. Much testimony by the main actors to exonerate him of outright cheating, I think that's why they settled, he didn't care about the money, just wanted to be able to coach again and not have shit he had no knowledge of over him for letting assts run wild. Not a good look still, but you get older and you place trust in people, as you get there, it is easier to see how it happened … you go get them, I coach them. Too much delegation and probably rightfully fired, but I don't think a bad person.

It already is on life support. Has been for three years at least.
I'll throw another couple out there … Jay Wright and Dana Altman, both are great, I'm sure Wright is "made" and would never leave there, he's like a God there forever. Altman, maybe, before we had Crean, he was on my acceptable hire list, but nobody ever thought he'd leave Creighton, sort of the way they think of Gregg Marshall now. He did, but that's a big, big money hire and hoping his midwestern ties are intact … I wouldn't know, but that would be a concern for me if they are ancient in any way

IU will totally f---k this AD hire up I'm convinced of it. I could seriously see them hiring a woman as AD just to be one of the few schools with a female AD, I'd almost bet money on that.

oh no!!!! Not a woman!!!!!! What if she’s also... not white!?!?

Jesus H.... what year is this? Step out of your shell. Women are doing amazing thing across this country in a variety of different capacities. If she’s qualified, then so be it.

Jesus H.... what year is this? Step out of your shell. Women are doing amazing thing across this country in a variety of different capacities. If she’s qualified, then so be it.

Remember, there’s always someone more woke than you, and the future will judge you for your failure to meet its standards.

Maybe Beard, Marshall, Matta, or Donovan (not likely realistic yet, but I bet his gig ain't what he bargained for in terms of professional satisfaction now, and we can dream can't we). Cal not an option, is that a joke? He will either be killing us forever as a coach, lifetime consultant, AD, forever until we get out shit together. Really, Pitino would be a more realistic option, and I bet he'd totally love to stick it hard to all Kentucky fanbases at this point? His settlement did a lot to bring to light that maybe he was letting assistants run wild, but might never let that happen again. Much testimony by the main actors to exonerate him of outright cheating, I think that's why they settled, he didn't care about the money, just wanted to be able to coach again and not have shit he had no knowledge of over him for letting assts run wild. Not a good look still, but you get older and you place trust in people, as you get there, it is easier to see how it happened … you go get them, I coach them. Too much delegation and probably rightfully fired, but I don't think a bad person.
He cheated on his wife by having sex in a booth in a restaurant. Lolz...not a bad person.

Reactions: kkott
You mis-understood me. I was saying I of course don’t want Cal but he’s an example of a coach who would go to some place with a storied past to resurrect it for the burnishing of his legacy. And, for Pete sake, what ever you do, don’t introduce Pitino anywhere near this dialogue.

When we fired Crean I said beforehand that if you are going to fire a guy you better have a slam dunk hire ready to go. Archie wasn't a slam dunk hire. I had nothing against him, but he is no Chris Beard, Billy Donovan or Brad Stevens. Now I fear that if we fire Archie and don't have a slam dunk hire ready to go then we are going to be in the same place a few years from now. We have to get it right. You have to have a coach and administration that is committed to winning. And of course at IU we win the right way. If we hired another cheater ala Calvin Samscum then it means we have sold our soul. I can see why some IU fans bailed when we hired him. If we don't get this right then we are doomed to being a bad program and at best mediocre.
Miller was literally rated a “slam dunk” hire by experts. Don’t revise history.

He cheated on his wife by having sex in a booth in a restaurant. Lolz...not a bad person.
You don't know his wife … maybe it was warranted, who knows, do we care about that? Archie's brother is an obvious scumbag and cheater too, plus their family is buddy, buddy with Cal, who is so despised here.

You don't know his wife … maybe it was warranted, who knows, do we care about that? Archie's brother is an obvious scumbag and cheater too, plus their family is buddy, buddy with Cal, who is so despised here.
I am positive that having sex in the booth of a restaurant is not warranted.

What are you...a black, jew, Muslim, Catholic, transexual? He’s saying they’ll hire a woman over a qualified man just to say they hired a woman which I wouldn’t put past the Admin at Comiana! We don’t care if they hire a green, blue, and yellow duck as long as that duck brings in a coach that wins ball games in March.

I believe he would he be interested in IU if he was still waiting for Izzo's retirement.

So you believe an assistant coach for another team would be interested in the head coaching job at Indiana? Which just happens to be his alma mater and comes with a 1000% increase in pay?

I don’t know, I’ll have to think about this, but I doubt he’d entertain an offer. I hear he’s much happier as an assistant and would like to stay there full time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT