ADVERTISEMENT

Damn!

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Put ourselves in position a couple times. A lot of good. We just don’t have a Trice type guy to close these games. We’d be top 10 if we did. Instead...we’ll continue to battle and be in these games, but we’ll rarely close the deal against good teams.

Put ourselves in position a couple times. A lot of good. We just don’t have a Trice type guy to close these games. We’d be top 10 if we did. Instead...we’ll continue to battle and be in these games, but we’ll rarely close the deal against good teams.

Disappointed that we fell in love with trying the three ball at the end of the second OT.

Proud of the effort tonight though.

Reactions: Davehack
Disappointed that we fell in love with trying the three ball at the end of the second OT.

Proud of the effort tonight though.

Yep. Visually looked like we gave up after they hit that first three to go up 4. Gave up on the very hard fought gameplan that had been working for us. We’re just not good enough to go rogue like that and chuck shots.

Yep. Visually looked like we gave up after they hit that first three to go up 4. Gave up on the very hard fought gameplan that had been working for us. We’re just not good enough to go rogue like that and chuck shots.

I think you're absolutely right

I’m done with moral victories. We’re barely above .500. No tournament this year.

I’m done with moral victories. We’re barely above .500. No tournament this year.

Losing to the #8 team in the country, at their gym, in double overtime isn't exactly the kind of loss that will prevent us from making the tournament. Sucks to lose, I get it, but again, as far as losses go, this one isn't going to hurt our tourney chances

Reactions: hoosierraven
Hate the TO with 7.7 end of 1st OT. Gives the D time to set up. Would think teams practice this situation every day for the dribbler to push it to the hole and everyone else spread out for a 3.

Instead IU takes a TO and comes out of the huddle with a play that doesn't even get a shot. Over coaching every possession instead of preparing them to know what to do in the situation.

Hate the TO with 7.7 end of 1st OT. Gives the D time to set up. Would think teams practice this situation every day for the dribbler to push it to the hole and everyone else spread out for a 3.

Instead IU takes a TO and comes out of the huddle with a play that doesn't even get a shot. Over coaching every possession instead of preparing them to know what to do in the situation.

Rob ran right into Al. What in the hell was he doing.

Reactions: baileyiu
Losing to the #8 team in the country, at their gym, in double overtime isn't exactly the kind of loss that will prevent us from making the tournament. Sucks to lose, I get it, but again, as far as losses go, this one isn't going to hurt our tourney chances

I understand your point, and I partially agree. It’s not a bad loss, but it’s another L in the column and another lost opportunity for an impressive W.

Almost counts for nothing on the resumé. That’s where I’m coming from.

Already down 2 key players, and no COVID issues yet, the worse may be yet to come. Can’t keep hoping for tomorrow.

Reactions: Hoosierific

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If he doesnt call the TO and we fail to score we would be busting CAM's marbles for not calling a TO in that situation.

Reactions: hoosierraven
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If he doesnt call the TO and we fail to score we would be busting CAM's marbles for not calling a TO in that situation.

yeah I think he needs to call a timeout there. We don’t have guys he can trust to make their own, at the proper time in that situation. See Al at the end of the firsthalf as a prime example.

But whatever he drew up sure as heck didn’t work, or didn’t get run. I’ve long been very unimpressed with plays we run out of timeouts under Archie.

Davehack, not me. I've long been a "get it and go" proponent in that late game situation. The D is on it's heels. A TO, especially against a good defensive team like Wisconsin, helps the defense more than the O. IU needed to steal that game. That was there moment to do it. Instead they let the D set up. And ran a terrible play to boot!!

One would think that situation gets practiced daily so they know what to do and can just do it without a TO.

Last edited:
TJD was handling the ball at the top of the key. He should have been in the paint and the ball should’ve found him in there. At least he could throw up some turnaround hook and maybe it drops?

Davehack, not me. I've long been a "get it and go" proponent in that late game situation. The D is on it's heels. A TO, especially against a good defensive team like Wisconsin, helps the defense more than the O. IU needed to steal that game. That was there moment to do it. Instead they let the D set up. And ran a terrible play to boot!!

maybe. I don’t like it with our team. We’d be just as likely to bowl into someone and get an offensive foul with time left on the clock. Or do what Al did at the half and wait to long to make a move and have to chuck something up.

That plays out of the timeout at the end of the first OT is a glaring example of why we’re a bubble team again. Really good teams get a good look in that situation. They have reliable plays with 1st and 2nd options. And they have the guys to run those Plays and make the reads correctly. We don’t have any of that. And we lose close games against good teams because of it. Like most bubble teams do.

This is absoultely the type of loss that will keep you out of the tourney. You need impressive wins, at least a few, and this was a golden oppurtunity wasted.

Same shi* different game. I was hoping by year 4 we would start wining close games I was wrong. Looking at our schedule I see at best 14-13.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT