ADVERTISEMENT

Damezi Anderson to IU!

Why so many forwards? You can tell what kind of player Archie wants. Hoping we can add a guard or two and a big man in case Davis leaves though.

Great get out of South Bend. Wish he had the grades for ND. Good kid. Know him well. Made himself out of something coming from a tough home.

Hopefully this means we start
Agreed. Clearly Miller is failing at the recruiting aspect of his job by bringing in too many forwards; I think dark days are ahead for this program.

Calm down, I never said all that. But we have Moore and Smith coming in next year, then three more forwards in 2018 to go along with Morgan and Davis. I'm just curious if he is going to play a small lineup, with forwards like Davis, Morgan, and Moore matching up against centers, or if he is planing on adding a true big man to the class.

Anderson said he is already working on getting Phinisee. Another Indiana 4 star PG would be nice to add to the mix.

Calm down, I never said all that. But we have Moore and Smith coming in next year, then three more forwards in 2018 to go along with Morgan and Davis. I'm just curious if he is going to play a small lineup, with forwards like Davis, Morgan, and Moore matching up against centers, or if he is planing on adding a true big man to the class.

Davis is a true big man. Moore is 6'10 he can play the 4 and 5(eventually)

Wings: smith, morgan, anderson, Thompson, hunter
Guards: jones, green, Durham,

Then Archie adds 2 guards

Well at this point I think we can be pretty selective given we may only be giving out one or two more grants. You obviously hold grants for romeo and garland.
Thompson will use the open scholarship for this year. We lose Hartman, McSwain, Priller (finally), RoJo, and Newkirk for a total of 5. We have Hunter and Anderson for 2 of the 5 spots remaining. I'd be happy with a point guard like Phinisee and save two spots for Garland and Langford. If we only get one, then we leave one spot open in 2018. If we get neither, we look for a graduate transfer, or a top juco player. If we get both, then we have a full roster and a very good recruiting class.

Why do you think I wasn't calm as I typed that post? I don't know about you, but very rarely am I anything other than completely serene when inputting letters on a keyboard.

Thompson will use the open scholarship for this year. We lose Hartman, McSwain, Priller (finally), RoJo, and Newkirk for a total of 5. We have Hunter and Anderson for 2 of the 5 spots remaining. I'd be happy with a point guard like Phinisee and save two spots for Garland and Langford. If we only get one, then we leave one spot open in 2018. If we get neither, we look for a graduate transfer, or a top juco player. If we get both, then we have a full roster and a very good recruiting class.

I hope Archie gets us past the point of relying on 1 or 2 bigs and has 3-4 on the roster when he gets his teams together. I definitely think we're light up front with only Davis and an unproven freshman, so in your scenario I think we need at least 1 big for 2018. Doubtful we get both Garland and Langford and if we got Garland, that would make Phinisee expendable, but I'd grab a big before 2 PGs in the same class (although I also think we need at least 2 PGs on our roster generally).

Anderson said he is already working on getting Phinisee. Another Indiana 4 star PG would be nice to add to the mix.
Phinisee isn't a 4 star guard and if anything his ranking is slipping. He has not played well this summer against better competition

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Davis is a true big man. Moore is 6'10 he can play the 4 and 5(eventually)

Wings: smith, morgan, anderson, Thompson, hunter
Guards: jones, green, Durham,

Then Archie adds 2 guards
I don't see Moore ever being a 5 - he recommitted because Arch told him he would not be used as a post player. Also don't see Thompson as a wing - he is a stretch 4 and may play some 5 if we go small.

I don't see Moore ever being a 5 - he recommitted because Arch told him he would not be used as a post player. Also don't see Thompson as a wing - he is a stretch 4 and may play some 5 if we go small.
Well the offense won't be a double post so the 4 will play on the wing

Read the thread below named Anderson. According to a bunch of guys in that thread, IU and Purdue have easier requirements for athletes than ND. I know for a fact that is BS.

I don't think that was ever the case, but it sure as hell isn't the case now.

Anderson looks like the kind of guy who will help IU win games. Seems to have a bit of everything and a really big upside. Great get.

I hope Archie gets us past the point of relying on 1 or 2 bigs and has 3-4 on the roster when he gets his teams together. I definitely think we're light up front with only Davis and an unproven freshman, so in your scenario I think we need at least 1 big for 2018. Doubtful we get both Garland and Langford and if we got Garland, that would make Phinisee expendable, but I'd grab a big before 2 PGs in the same class (although I also think we need at least 2 PGs on our roster generally).
I'm not convinced we have any true PGs on the roster unless Durham is a PG as he has indicated.

I remember one of my favorite teams from the old days when we had 3 that could play the point. Reynolds, Meeks, and Bailey. Bailey was a combo guard, but played the point. That team didn't have a true center either, but had 6'-8 Nover, 6'-9 Eric Anderson, and freshmen Henderson and Evans. Oh, they had a wing player named Cheaney.

Bigs are great, but we will have to see how CAM builds his roster and how he wants to recruit. I would be happy enough with one player like Davis and others like Morgan that can step in at a couple of positions. I would love to someday get a long PG, but there are few Magic Johnson type players out there that are natural PGs.

I'm not convinced we have any true PGs on the roster unless Durham is a PG as he has indicated.

I remember one of my favorite teams from the old days when we had 3 that could play the point. Reynolds, Meeks, and Bailey. Bailey was a combo guard, but played the point. That team didn't have a true center either, but had 6'-8 Nover, 6'-9 Eric Anderson, and freshmen Henderson and Evans. Oh, they had a wing player named Cheaney.

Bigs are great, but we will have to see how CAM builds his roster and how he wants to recruit. I would be happy enough with one player like Davis and others like Morgan that can step in at a couple of positions. I would love to someday get a long PG, but there are few Magic Johnson type players out there that are natural PGs.
I think Green can run it well enough until we land one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT