ADVERTISEMENT

Dame Dolla

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
The Blazers Mavs the other night was awesome. Easily the best game I have seen in the bubble. Hope they win tonight and get the Lakers. I have got a lot of enjoyment out of the bubble. It is no IU bball, but man the skill level of these guys is just insane.

I can't believe the degree of difficulty some of the shots Dame makes. He isn't Curry shooting level but man he is really really good and trending to a top 10 shooter of all time. Mello aint bad either, come back player of the year!

Watch the NBA it is fun.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
The Blazers Mavs the other night was awesome. Easily the best game I have seen in the bubble. Hope they win tonight and get the Lakers. I have got a lot of enjoyment out of the bubble. It is no IU bball, but man the skill level of these guys is just insane.

I can't believe the degree of difficulty some of the shots Dame makes. He isn't Curry shooting level but man he is really really good and trending to a top 10 shooter of all time. Mello aint bad either, come back player of the year!

Watch the NBA it is fun.
Dame is no Luke Brown.

I have tried watching the NBA, but it always leaves me angry. When on business trips, I've yet made it beyond halftime when tickets were provided.

Reactions: hoosier4life55
I have tried watching the NBA, but it always leaves me angry. When on business trips, I've yet made it beyond halftime when tickets were provided.

well the good news is, the bubble is unlike any of your previous experiences, and no tickets will be provided!

Reactions: namnik
I haven't tuned in...is the game different? (If that makes sense.)

I have for sure seen more urgency, and a lot of the bubble has had the playoff mentality and effort level. I always thought the nba playoffs were the only thing worth watching, but this bubble was very very enjoyable. Lots of dudes playing their ass off. No more so than dame. Unreal how good he is at O.

I have for sure seen more urgency, and a lot of the bubble has had the playoff mentality and effort level. I always thought the nba playoffs were the only thing worth watching, but this bubble was very very enjoyable. Lots of dudes playing their ass off. No more so than dame. Unreal how good he is at O.

I haven't watched the NBA in years...maybe 20 minutes of a playoff in a bar...I may dial one up and watch.

I haven't watched the NBA in years...maybe 20 minutes of a playoff in a bar...I may dial one up and watch.

The blazers Memphis play in game should be good.
I just really appreciate effort. That has been on full display with Dame all 8 of these shortened regular season games. He wanted a chance to play himself into the playoffs, campaigned for it to the league. Then when they granted his request, he gave it everything he had and made it to a play in game. I respect the hell out of that.

Reactions: h20pls
I don't like the NBA game ( primarily the rules and the way the game is officiated) so I don't watch it much at all, but I do marvel at the skill level of the players. Until I looked at this thread, I hadn't considered how much better the game might be when the players are relieved of the strain of so many games and the exhaustive travel.

Years ago a couple of buddies and I were given tickest to a Pacers v Celtics game at MSA. Detlef Schrimpf was still a Pacer and Parrish and McHale were in their final years (might have been the year after Bird retired). Anyway, both teams were coming off a string of consecutive games and it looked like somebody had put guns to the players' heads and made them play. Parrish and McHale both stretched, then sat on the bench the entire warmup period. The effort on both sides was embarrassing and pathetic. I felt sorry for both the players and fans. I can't help but believe that if there wasn't so much greed on the part of owners and agents, that players would gladly accept reduced pay if it meant fewer games and some mitigation of constant travel. I have no doubt the game would be much better as well. It would be interesting to know how the players feel about their physical and mental well-being in this environment vs. any other season.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
You aren't the only one, their ratings are abysmal right now.
Ratings have been strong. After week one 14% drop, that 14% was back by week two. Been strong since, while gaining momentum going into the start of the playoffs. It has been very successful economically and health wise.

Great performances, Dame, Luka, Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Harden, etc. It has really reminded me of why I fell in love with the game. Watching the best of the best compete at this level with some incredible shot and play making. It has been a lot of fun, even with my team, the Bulls, not even included.

Ratings have been strong. After week one 14% drop, that 14% was back by week two. Been strong since, while gaining momentum going into the start of the playoffs. It has been very successful economically and health wise.

Great performances, Dame, Luka, Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Harden, etc. It has really reminded me of why I fell in love with the game. Watching the best of the best compete at this level with some incredible shot and play making. It has been a lot of fun, even with my team, the Bulls, not even included.

I give the players a ton of credit. For the most part, the effort has been extraordinary. I’m excited for the playoffs. And thankful I get to watch it, can’t take shit for granted these days!

Reactions: MaxCoke
Sorry, I was being a bit snarky. We've had conversations about Luke Brown and some think he is terrible and others think he is great. I don't know if he is B1G material, but I will say this. The kid excites me when I see him play at the high school level.
I haven't seen anyone who thinks Brown is "terrible." Thinking he's not a high major player (the majority of people who don't think he's great) or a D1 player (a few people) doesn't mean they think he's terrible. It means they don't think he's good enough to play at those levels but he can excel at the appropriate level of competition. He had a chance to break Bailey's Indiana HS scoring record so he's obviously great at the 1A/2A level of Indiana HS ball. He probably wouldn't have had the same success at 4A but that doesn't make him terrible.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I haven't seen anyone who thinks Brown is "terrible." Thinking he's not a high major player (the majority of people who don't think he's great) or a D1 player (a few people) doesn't mean they think he's terrible. It means they don't think he's good enough to play at those levels but he can excel at the appropriate level of competition. He had a chance to break Bailey's Indiana HS scoring record so he's obviously great at the 1A/2A level of Indiana HS ball. He probably wouldn't have had the same success at 4A but that doesn't make him terrible.
VSM likes to lie.

Reactions: T.M.P.
When people use the word terrible or stinks I think what they are saying is that the player is not good enough for the B1G thus IU. It will be interesting to see how well Luke Brown does at Stetson. Some real good players can come from lesser known schools. I hope the best for him. In fact I might see if I can catch some of his games from time to time. The kid is very entertaining.

When people use the word terrible or stinks I think what they are saying is that the player is not good enough for the B1G thus IU. It will be interesting to see how well Luke Brown does at Stetson. Some real good players can come from lesser known schools. I hope the best for him. In fact I might see if I can catch some of his games from time to time. The kid is very entertaining.
Again, just because he would likely be terrible at IU or any other high major school, doesn't mean he himself is a terrible player. It just means he's not good enough for that level of play. For example, there have been many, many great college players who either never played in the NBA or didn't do much when there. Does that mean they were terrible players? No, it means they were not good at the NBA level but were still great at the college level. It's not complicated.

Again, just because he would likely be terrible at IU or any other high major school, doesn't mean he himself is a terrible player. It just means he's not good enough for that level of play. For example, there have been many, many great college players who either never played in the NBA or didn't do much when there. Does that mean they were terrible players? No, it means they were not good at the NBA level but were still great at the college level. It's not complicated.
I'm not sure you and I are disagreeing. Are we? Steve Alford is a good example of what you are talking about. He was great on the college level, but played sporadically for four years in the pros. It doesn't mean he is terrible. It means he was not good enough at the highest level. BTW, I know some people in Washington Indiana who still believe the Pacers should have drafted Steve over Reggie Miller. It is mind boggling,but true. People need to admit they are wrong at time. lol

I'm not sure you and I are disagreeing. Are we? Steve Alford is a good example of what you are talking about. He was great on the college level, but played sporadically for four years in the pros. It doesn't mean he is terrible. It means he was not good enough at the highest level. BTW, I know some people in Washington Indiana who still believe the Pacers should have drafted Steve over Reggie Miller. It is mind boggling,but true. People need to admit they are wrong at time. lol
Seriously? You mischaracterized what people here said about Brown and claimed they said he was "terrible." That's not what they were saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT