ADVERTISEMENT

Damarjhe Lewis Commits

This guy is likely one of the marquee pick-ups of this class. The Auburn offer may or may not have been committable but there are plenty of suitors coming after him, including Tennessee, Ga Tech, LSU, W.Va, Texas and Duke. Hope we can hold on to the kid.

Reading between the lines I think Auburn had backed out or was in the process of doing so.....he said something like he "hadn't been feeling the love lately..."

That said, his video is impressive. Quick feet and he really pursues aggressively. Rivals has him as a 6'4" 281 SDE....247 as a 6'3" 301 lbs DT...........most of what I saw about said DT.....he may not have the straight line speed to play DE, but he does get a good jump..........I would suspect that they'll start him at DE and see if it works out......if he can get a step or two faster that might work out.

There's a you tube video of him being on a local TV show....gentle giant type......very religious, maybe he likes that about Allen......

Reactions: vesuvius13
Definitely an upgrade from Sparks but I am not sure becomes in and contrived immediately. He does not have much technique and does not play with hands very well. But he does have good motor and runs to the tackle and always seems to end up in the picture. Which you can not teach effort.

Reactions: vesuvius13
This guy is likely one of the marquee pick-ups of this class. The Auburn offer may or may not have been committable but there are plenty of suitors coming after him, including Tennessee, Ga Tech, LSU, W.Va, Texas and Duke. Hope we can hold on to the kid.
Yes, that's my concern too, because I'm not entirely sure of how committed he is to us.

ADVERTISEMENT