ADVERTISEMENT

dalton knecht on espn2 right now

He was worried about PT with X and Gallo coming back — I think that was the Woody excuse. 🙄

Reactions: YOTHN
He was worried about PT with X and Gallo coming back — I think that was the Woody excuse. 🙄
Our guards aren’t scaring anyone into thinking they wouldn’t get PT if they came to IU. Maybe coming into this current season, you could make that argument. After this season, you can’t make that argument.

he reminded me of Larry Bird when he was in college for about a 4-minute stretch. they just got him the ball, and everyone got out of the way.

Reactions: kkott
Finished the game playing 33 minutes, 12-21 fig, 5-8 3pt, 10-12 ft, 39 points, 2 rbs, 0 assists = your typical shooting guard night.

Reactions: kkott
Finished the game playing 33 minutes, 12-21 fig, 5-8 3pt, 10-12 ft, 39 points, 2 rbs, 0 assists = your typical shooting guard night.
First time I've watched him. WOW! So good and aggressive in looking for his shot/drive. Don't know if that's how he always plays, but he knows what his job is: score.

First time I've watched him. WOW! So good and aggressive in looking for his shot/drive. Don't know if that's how he always plays, but he knows what his job is: score.
He always plays that way. He actually would have thrived at IU as well, I'm sure. They don't run a ton of stuff to get him open. A lot of his buckets come off simple down screens...announcer called them "NASCAR" screens. I personally haven't heard that before...but I assume it means he just busts it in a line as fast as he can off the screen. They looked like normal wing to post down screens to me. Maybe cutting hard off a screen has become so rare these days that truly running hard off them has a name now?

Other than those simple plays, most of his stuff is on his own off the dribble.

Reactions: T.M.P.
He always plays that way. He actually would have thrived at IU as well, I'm sure. They don't run a ton of stuff to get him open. A lot of his buckets come off simple down screens...announcer called them "NASCAR" screens. I personally haven't heard that before...but I assume it means he just busts it in a line as fast as he can off the screen. They looked like normal wing to post down screens to me. Maybe cutting hard off a screen has become so rare these days that truly running hard off them has a name now?

Just love how he hunted his shots and scoring opportunities. And, while he's a terrific shooter, he was also pressuring the defense going to the basket. Wish Galloway was that aggressive offensively. Obviously, he's not that level of shooter, but if he was constantly looking for opportunities to drive consistently, I think he could be averaging 15ppg.

Just love how he hunted his shots and scoring opportunities. And, while he's a terrific shooter, he was also pressuring the defense going to the basket. Wish Galloway was that aggressive offensively. Obviously, he's not that level of shooter, but if he was constantly looking for opportunities to drive consistently, I think he could be averaging 15ppg.
I think Galloway is often times that aggressive. He's just not as good as Knecht is.

The only problem Knecht would run in to at IU, and very well could be a reason he's not at IU, is he wouldn't have the same open court and lane to drive in to, a lot of the time, as he does at UT.

He hits outside shots, and that's a big part of his game, but mainly he's a guy that looks to get to the basket a lot. Getting all the way to the basket, in some of IU's prevalent offensive sets, is next to impossible.

Well first of all, X is a pg...Knecht is not.

Second...Knecht is an AA and NBA ready talent. Gallo....not.

X healthy and in late 2022 form....and Knecht as our 2 guard, with Gallo first off the bench....with Ware MM and MR....we could have been a top 10 team.

Watching first Tenn and then the ILL/Minny score-a-thon last night, it hit me that if the stars had all lined up perfectly, we could have had a team this year that included Knecht, JHS, Dawson Garcia and perhaps MR, possibly Ware and/or MM. That team could contend for the Natty if any of our coaches (CAM/CMW) didn't screw it up.

X healthy and in late 2022 form....and Knecht as our 2 guard, with Gallo first off the bench....with Ware MM and MR....we could have been a top 10 team.

Watching first Tenn and then the ILL/Minny score-a-thon last night, it hit me that if the stars had all lined up perfectly, we could have had a team this year that included Knecht, JHS, Dawson Garcia and perhaps MR, possibly Ware and/or MM. That team could contend for the Natty if any of our coaches (CAM/CMW) didn't screw it up.
Agree on first and second, which is why I didn't understand this issue with those two returning scaring away guards. Anyways, it was just a callback.

if lucy still had her balls she would be your uncle

NASCAR screens sounds like Jimmy Dykes. He is always looking for a cliche to attach his name to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT