ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas Baptist

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
With our Hoosiers at home, I decided to cast my lot with the Patriots of the MVC. They put down Oregon State and TCU on their way to the regional final.

Rooting for the little guy, even though they're on a great multi-year run.

Kind of the Gonzaga of college baseball.

With our Hoosiers at home, I decided to cast my lot with the Patriots of the MVC. They put down Oregon State and TCU on their way to the regional final.

Like with Gonzaga, they are a small school that has pretty much put all of their resources into one sport and have done a pretty good job in competing with the big boys, although many see the Zags as a big boy now in basketball.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Like with Gonzaga, they are a small school that has pretty much put all of their resources into one sport and have done a pretty good job in competing with the big boys, although many see the Zags as a big boy now in basketball.
Heard their coach in an interview last week and jumped on the bandwagon.

DBU goes down last night on a walk off after tying it up in the top of the 9th.

Some clutch hitting on both sides and a 3:00 ESPNU game for a trip to the super.

Isn't Gonzaga the Gonzaga of college baseball?

Reactions: Orbit7958 and ulrey
Isn't Gonzaga the Gonzaga of college baseball?
They would be if they had a streak of 7 straight appearances (9 of the last 10) and 6 straight super regional appearances like DBU, but they don't. Gonzaga is kind of the Indiana of college baseball.

Reactions: Seyton
Noon on The Duece. DBU is one win away from punching their ticket to Omaha.

For the second day in a row, UVA hits a late inning grand slam to take a big lead in what had been a pitcher's duel.

Looks bleak for DBU, down 5-2 going into the top of the 8th.

ADVERTISEMENT