ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich Unloading!

If he was in fact yelling at refs he’s losing it.

This is because Fred is a fanboy first but a manager second (which he’s incompetent). The time he took to walk down the hall to grab a cup of coffee.....poof....brand new football coach. He reportedly was trying desperately to hold on to Crean. Purely emotional based management and unacceptable.

Reactions: iulb and IUgradman
I liked how he stated that if we play through Morgan in the post we'll win...but never realized that to play Morgan in the post means you have to sit Davis and play Justin Smith.

And he never said a peep when during the last five minutes when we went small...Purdue went to Williams and Haarms immediately.

Juwan is more effective on offense in the post...but it was our defense with Davis that was giving them problems.

And Davis is just as effective as Morgan is in the post.

So Dakich can rant all he wants, he's still wrong about it.

That being said, I would have preferred the 6'8" 245 Thompson in place of the 6'6" 230 Smith when Morgan was in the post and Davis sitting.

Reactions: burnacct21 and 76-1
-Romeo 0 shots second half
-Juwan 25 feet from basket
- offense doesn’t help Romeo
- Fred Glass yelling at Ref
- Students chanting FU Haarms
- Basically Archie sucks

The offense is beyond awful. I have never seen an offense or shooting at IU that is so bad. The real concerning thing is we have no shooters coming in next year to help and fix this mess.

Race should be playing the 4 more when Davis is out. If you even watched pregame we don't make a lot of three's in pregame but Race shoots very well from out there. When Race played at Minnesota Archie had him at the 5. Archie needs as assistant that knows offense bad. I would target a coach that has worked with Beilein. The fact that we haven't done anything on offense to subtly change things is ridiculous. You can see we don't have enough movement or screening. We have nothing going on away from the ball. Painter plays motion. We used to have a pretty successful coach who say it's harder to guard people who are moving that standing still.

I liked how he stated that if we play through Morgan in the post we'll win...but never realized that to play Morgan in the post means you have to sit Davis and play Justin Smith.

And he never said a peep when during the last five minutes when we went small...Purdue went to Williams and Haarms immediately.

Juwan is more effective on offense in the post...but it was our defense with Davis that was giving them problems.

That being said, I would have preferred the 6'8" 245 Thompson in place of the 6'6" 230 Smith when Morgan was in the post and Davis sitting.

The offense is beyond awful. I have never seen an offense or shooting at IU that is so bad. The real concerning thing is we have no shooters coming in next year to help and fix this mess.
Bailey you can’t change the minds of these idiots here......Archie’s offense is terrible, it was terrible at Dayton and it will b terrible at IU (although maybe watchable if he gets shooters) but it will never be pretty to watch.

Morgan was in the post on Haarms tip in. That likely would not have happened had Davis been in. How often do winning baskets at the end of the games happen on offensive rebounds. Was Ricky Calloway's vs LSU off an ORB?

Reactions: glidresquirrel
So Archie is canning himself by not recruiting more 3pt shooters for next season?

Hunter was allegedly our second best freshman and is a good shooter. Franklin is a SG too - right?

This offense will work better with perimeter guys. Smith and mcroberts when in literally dont even shoot.

This reminds me of CTCs team before Blackmon. IU got one shooter and it turned everything around (CTC just never used a big man).

Archie knows what he needs - and it can very well start with having 6+ guys gone from this year’s team.

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Hunter was allegedly our second best freshman and is a good shooter. Franklin is a SG too - right?

This offense will work better with perimeter guys. Smith and mcroberts when in literally dont even shoot.

This reminds me of CTCs team before Blackmon. IU got one shooter and it turned everything around (CTC just never used a big man).

Archie knows what he needs - and it can very well start with having 6+ guys gone from this year’s team.

Hunter may never play again and Franklin is a freshman three star recruit. Anderson does not even play and he is suppose to be lights out from deep. Who know if Franklin will be ready for minutes as a frosh.

Banking of those two guys is not going to cut it. We have to add several more players this spring.

Davis is going to be limited on minutes, so Juwan is still going to have to play the post. I've always thought I'd make a rotation for Davis: have him start and play for 5 minute shifts then sit for recovery and rest. Play the first 5 mins, then sit him for 8-10 and then another 5 minute shift. Same in the second half, but if he's playing well wout fouling, you could try and squeeze a 3rd 5 minute shift. This gets him 20-25 minutes a game, and in some time he'd be spelling Juwan, and in others he'd be allowing him to move out on the floor... which he still needs to do to demonstrate his NBA readiness. At this point, if Romeo is for sure leaving, the very best thing he and Juwan can probably do for the program is to go have good long NBA careers.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Archie knows.... like he knew he needed Demezi, Forrester, Fitzner, etc

Reactions: Tegray1
I remember Joe Hillman didn't make a shot his freshmen year but turned into a decent player. His defense has gotten better.

I can't believe how bad Anderson is.

I thought there might be a problem with his attitude and/or willingness to play D.

It would appear that he's got a great attitude but can't shoot and has no idea how to play D. Amazing....

C'mon, it's only been two years since Ghost Tom Crean was being berated for a crummy offense.

I thought there might be a problem with his attitude and/or willingness to play D.

It would appear that he's got a great attitude but can't shoot and has no idea how to play D. Amazing....
Anderson has a long ways to go before he ever sees the floor.

Archie knows.... like he knew he needed Demezi, Forrester, Fitzner, etc
Demezi and Forrester are freshman. What’s the point? Don’t recruit them because they will be freshman? Not impact guys yet, but let them grow. My gosh.

And Fitzner was a good use of a one year schollie. He was a good shooter at st Mary’s. Good risk/reward. Hasn’t worked out, but was well worth the risk. Would you rather have a 4 year schollie eaten up by Gelon or Priller or April? Archie knows how to run a program

Bailey you can’t change the minds of these idiots here......Archie’s offense is terrible, it was terrible at Dayton and it will b terrible at IU (although maybe watchable if he gets shooters) but it will never be pretty to watch.
What would changing the minds of the people here accomplish??

Anderson can definitely shoot. He is adjusting to the college game. My general positive comments on Anderson are his strength/size and his unconscious shooting trigger. These can be strong assets as he develops. If anything, I've seen him look to pass more than he should when he gets in games. If he gets more PT, I think he will start linking some 3's together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT