ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich show

ncthomas31

Benchwarmer
Nov 7, 2008
Dakich stating he believes all IU players with the exception of TJD (who he calls selfish) would start for PU. Ya know what...dakich can be a moron at times but I don’t disagree with him at all! This team absolutely stinks! No team ball at all, horrid shooting, horrid coaching, no recruiting, no development and the future years look even worse with the lack of recruiting lately. They need to can CAM

Dakich stating he believes all IU players with the exception of TJD (who he calls selfish) would start for PU. Ya know what...dakich can be a moron at times but I don’t disagree with him at all! This team absolutely stinks! No team ball at all, horrid shooting, horrid coaching, no recruiting, no development and the future years look even worse with the lack of recruiting lately. They need to can CAM

You mean that none of IU's players except TJD would start for Purdue. Well that seems rather obvious -- particularly in the backcourt. Race might be a 6th man. That doesn't take any special insight.

Coming out of HS, Rob had enough talent to play almost anywhere. But I swear I think he's taken some steps back since coming out of the gate. Maybe not in all facets of the game. But, overall -- I don't think it's unfair to say that.

Yeah...was texting this as I was in the car haha. It’s sickening the lack of development especially in the guard play. Rob has regressed tremendously under CAM. Going to be some lean years coming up regardless if we can CAM

Reactions: Neildouglass
Going to be some lean years coming up regardless if we can CAM

Maybe. But what else would be new? In case anybody's missed it, we've already been having lean years. The only difference is that we held out hope they wouldn't be so lean.

But if I have a choice between lean years that I expect to be lean and lean years that I hope won't be, I'd choose the former....as long as I knew that the leanness was temporary and necessary for the fix.

That said, this upcoming off-season is going to be unlike any other with the new transfer rule in place. I'm not exactly holding out hope that this would necessarily mean a quicker reboot than might otherwise be possible. But it might be a bigger possibility than normal, anyway.

Reactions: Jssanto
Yeah...was texting this as I was in the car haha. It’s sickening the lack of development especially in the guard play. Rob has regressed tremendously under CAM. Going to be some lean years coming up regardless if we can CAM

Rob- Stats from last 5 IU-PU games (DNP in '18 game):

123 minutes; 11-34 overall FG%, 4-19 3 pt%; 3-3 FTs; 14 rebs; 8 assists, 6 TOs, 29 pts.

Al- Stats from last 6 IU-PU games:

144 minutes; 7-28 overall FG%, 3-16 on 3s; 13 rebounds, 13 assists, 8 TOs, 24 pts.

I feel sorry for Al. He's always tried. He's just a MAC level player who also lacks the mental and physical toughness for clutch play against decent teams.

I don't know enough about Rob to feel sorry for him. He's an enigma.

Rob- Stats from last 5 IU-PU games (DNP in '18 game):

123 minutes; 11-34 overall FG%, 4-19 3 pt%; 3-3 FTs; 14 rebs; 8 assists, 6 TOs, 29 pts.

Al- Stats from last 6 IU-PU games:

144 minutes; 7-28 overall FG%, 3-16 on 3s; 13 rebounds, 13 assists, 8 TOs, 24 pts.

I feel sorry for Al. He's always tried. He's just a MAC level player who also lacks the mental and physical toughness for clutch play against decent teams.

I don't know enough about Rob to feel sorry for him. He's an enigma.
To me, and many have been saying this all season and season's past, our guards are our achilles heal. Plain and simple. The stats you posted are putrid. Perhaps the current freshman class is the future. But boy is the cupboard bare otherwise.

To me, and many have been saying this all season and season's past, our guards are our achilles heal. Plain and simple. The stats you posted are putrid. Perhaps the current freshman class is the future. But boy is the cupboard bare otherwise.
And it seems like they both have bad (and good) games together.

that combo has been more down than up. Armaan will go back to starting and maybe Rob goes back to bench.

at this point, start playing Stewart. They need offense so badly. One sniper can open things up for everyone else (I always think of JBJ and how big of a difference one shooter can make)

I guarantee you Painter would love to have Franklin..
He could start ..Absolutely ~
Agreed. Pretty embarrassing that he comes off an ankle sprain and immediately out plays all of iu's other guards.
I would start Armaan, Leal and Galloway next game.

Reactions: Mr.IU
Our backcourt is awful. Galloway isn’t a big ten player. Franklin can play and TJD can play but clean house on the rest

Dakich is click bate he just says stuff to get Indiana fans going. He is still mad he never got the IU job after Sampson resigned.

No, just a fan of good basketball.I’ll help you identify it if you ask nicely. Why did you get banned from the Purdue board? I know some of them abused you here, but were you schooled there, too?
No, you are just a Purdue fan who for some reason spends all his time on an IU forum. 3,300 posts in 425 days. Get a life.

I have a question, was Lander a terrible shooter in HS at Evansville? He is awful!!! Often does not hit the rim or backboard. Is this a new development? Also, was Galloway an awful shooter in HS? He looks terrible when she shoots. Lots of kids come out of HS and can shoot fluently but not these two.

I have a question, was Lander a terrible shooter in HS at Evansville? He is awful!!! Often does not hit the rim or backboard. Is this a new development? Also, was Galloway an awful shooter in HS? He looks terrible when she shoots. Lots of kids come out of HS and can shoot fluently but not these two.
Galloway hasn’t ever been able to shoot

Race Thompson would absolutely start over Gillis, Wheeler, or whoever else they have starting next to Williams. Franklin would start as well with all due respect for Brandon Newman. The problem is that the rest of the team is inconsistent and we had a bad night shooting despite getting plenty of open shots.

Reactions: baileyiu
I have a question, was Lander a terrible shooter in HS at Evansville?

The times I saw him, I would've called him an average to above average outside shooter. I never got the impression he was a great outside shooter. But he looked better than what I've seen of him at IU, that's for sure.

Maybe he's having a hard time adjusting to the speed and size of the defenders? That happens. I remember Yogi really struggling with his outside shot early in his freshman season. He eventually became a fairly good outside shooter for us.

Either way, Archie should be telling him that, unless it's junk minutes, he should refrain from shooting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT