ADVERTISEMENT

Daeh McCullough decommits

The most optimistic thing I can say about this is that IU has a chance to have a good season and keep him since he's already got connections to the coaching staff & with his brothers on the team (hoping Dasan stays). No sure thing he'd still come but if they lay another egg this season he's for sure gone.

Reactions: vesuvius13
We saw this a mile away. I suspect we may lose them all at some point. They just love their Dad. I’d assume he and his brother end up in south bend at some point. Will it happen? 🤷🏻

Reactions: ekk and vesuvius13
Yeah, I've prepared for all of them to be gone at some point. We're certainly not better without them, but it's not the end of the world either. I can't blame them for going that route but then again, their dad could be gone just as quickly from ND. Then what?
Having any of the McCollough kids here cannot be healthy for the team chemistry at this point. Dad is a helicopter parent and he didn’t leave here on great terms. Dasan isn’t Big Ten ready this year. He’ll transfer by season’s end and can go play for his dad at ND.

The most optimistic thing I can say about this is that IU has a chance to have a good season and keep him since he's already got connections to the coaching staff & with his brothers on the team (hoping Dasan stays). No sure thing he'd still come but if they lay another egg this season he's for sure gone.
Does it depend on wins and loses or how much NIL?

Having any of the McCollough kids here cannot be healthy for the team chemistry at this point. Dad is a helicopter parent and he didn’t leave here on great terms. Dasan isn’t Big Ten ready this year. He’ll transfer by season’s end and can go play for his dad at ND.
Sometimes it is better for the team when a good player leaves. Maybe that will be the case here. Time will tell.

I didn't think it a package deal for the sons to follow the father to South Bend, but I'm not surprised at this in the least. If ND needs another player at a position the sons excel in I would expect the coach/father to be contacted about that possibility.

Does it depend on wins and loses or how much NIL?
I hope not. I honestly haven’t followed the NIL stuff too much. What kind of money do the “upper mid” players get? I guess I always assumed the only ones getting real money were the stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Pure speculation on your part from the first word to the last.

I hope not. I honestly haven’t followed the NIL stuff too much. What kind of money do the “upper mid” players get? I guess I always assumed the only ones getting real money were the stars.
I am not anNIL pro either, but Texas gave. $50,000 per player to the top 16 OLmen.
A lady bball player for UConn is at 1M.
I think there is school to school variation, but at least medium level players are being paid.

• Wow
Reactions: TMFT and vesuvius13
That is true only if their dad is badmouthing the school and coach Allen. If Dad is the reason they leave or cause issues on the team, the dad can disappear from IU lore.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I have some mixed thoughts on this. First, We are talking about a kid Who hasn't played a down of football for Us, and in fact He hasn't played one down of his Senior Year of Football. I don't know how to measure what We are losing. who knows the guy Who fills the Scholarship may turn out to be ten times the player McCullough is.

If I were Allen I would tell Him We are not holding the Scholarship open until You decide what to do. We aren't going to be held hostage by an 18 Year Hold High School Kid Who isn't fully committed to what We want to do.

On the other hand, I don't want someone on my team Who is uncertain and isn't fully committed to our system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT