ADVERTISEMENT

D1Baseball still has us in their projected field of 64....

FWIW, as of right now, warrennolan.com has our predicted end-or-regular season record at 24-20 which according to them would put us in 5th place which would mean that we would make the field of eight for the conference tourney in Omaha. Their rankings are all analytic. This is everchanging, so it may be a little different when you link it.

Reactions: mk23 and 76-1
FWIW, as of right now, warrennolan.com has our predicted end-or-regular season record at 24-20 which according to them would put us in 5th place which would mean that we would make the field of eight for the conference tourney in Omaha. Their rankings are all analytic. This is everchanging, so it may be a little different when you link it.

Last weekend was awful. There is no conference tourney this year, the automatic bid goes to the season champ. So far the weatherman has smiled on the B1G, but it is the Midwest and the schedule is unbalanced so who knows how that all shakes out. I think given the all in conference schedule the B1G will get 3, with luck possibly 4 spots in the CWS tourney. IU needs to right the ship now to be in the running for a spot IMO.

Last weekend was awful. There is no conference tourney this year, the automatic bid goes to the season champ. So far the weatherman has smiled on the B1G, but it is the Midwest and the schedule is unbalanced so who knows how that all shakes out. I think given the all in conference schedule the B1G will get 3, with luck possibly 4 spots in the CWS tourney. IU needs to right the ship now to be in the running for a spot IMO.
Thanks, I totally forgot that they had decided to not have a post-season conference tourney this season. So obviously, they need to finish the regular season strong.

Reactions: mk23
I'll be surprised (and depressed) if we don't regroup and come out strong this weekend. Need to get back to dominant pitching, clutch hitting, and sold fielding. The talent seems to be there. Time to ratchet it up.

As of right now, they have us as a 3-seed in the Knoxville, TN regional. Another showing against Illinois like we just had at OSU, and that projection won't last long.

I would take seeding that in a heartbeat. It is essentially the second best seeding of the 4 projected CWS B1G teams.

FWIW, Baseball America came out with their projected field of 64 today, and they leave IU out of the field. They have Neb, Mich, and OSU as the only teams from the B1G in the field.

I don't believe D1Baseball has updated their projected field since last week, which had us in as a 3 seed.

Reactions: mk23
On April 20th, D1Baseball came out with their updated projected field and they still have us as a 3-seed in the Louisville field. They also have Neb, Mich, and Iowa in the field.

BaseballAmerica also updated their projected field and left IU out of the field, with Neb, Mich, and Iowa making it.

Reactions: Irregulars
ADVERTISEMENT