ADVERTISEMENT

D-line

toastedbread

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2006
Im sure they are high quality individuals, but they flat out stunk on the fball field. Juco level all year. You shouldn't have to blitz down after down to get an ounce of pressure. Need an upgrade big time. Probably the worst unit on the team with oline second.

Coral could have take a nap back there at times. Same crap all year.

I don't really think pass rush is a priority on the line with our scheme, as odd as it seems.
It really seems like they are relied on more just to hold the line against the run, which they are typically reliable in doing. I mean, we run a four-man front with three dudes starting (and two of the three main backups) who are much more like DTs than DEs in size and athleticism. And then we have a fourth guy in Ziemba who basically plays as a stand-up linebacker type half the time.

It would be great if they could get more pressure, sure, but I don't think it is a massive priority as long as they can hold blocks and help with the run game, which they've done well. I mean, we led the conference in sacks this year, so it isn't like we typically were in dire need of QB pressure other than today; we even got to Fields with the offensive line Ohio State has quite often.

I think Allen should've definitely served as DC today. I really don't think Wommack did Indiana any justice today from a scheme point of view. That's disappointing because he's made a nice name for himself this year doing just that.

I know you're speaking of the dline, but this keeps coming to my attention.

Reactions: red hornet
All season our DL struggled to put any pressure on the QB without the help of blitzing LBs or DBs. This is one huge reason the SEC is so good year after year. Even a so called crappy SEC defense like Ole Miss had #13 who was in Tuttle's face constantly no matter who we had try to block him. We simply don't have anybody like that.

Reactions: jb17
ADVERTISEMENT