ADVERTISEMENT

Customs

Cavanagh.13

Senior
Nov 6, 2019
Don’t you normally go through customs in the US when you land? I have only done it a few times, and that was years ago, but I’m pretty sure both times we had to go through customs in the US.

We just landed at a normal gate at ATL and I connected to IND. Was really strange. Bahamas thing maybe? You probably could have brought a lot of illegal shit back. Bahamian security was not stopping much today. Had me go through a medal detector because the hand in a diamond above your hand swirl machine was acting up.

Side note, last night was not as fun as the night before. I got an email at midnight saying my flight to CLT was delayed, and because of it I would miss my connecting flight. The great folks at American said don't you worry, we have rescheduled you for a new flight! Wednesday at 6PM. So I'm on the beach half baked reading this, and start to panic. Wound up just booking another flight with Delta and asked American for a refund. Lucky to be back!

But the night before??? Columbians come to the Bahamas! You should have seen her ass.

e12171a4-2957-43f0-b7c3-7e05c30783f3.jpg
12a46109-76ab-46ab-84d3-492bf0c1b64d.jpg

Don’t you normally go through customs in the US when you land? I have only done it a few times, and that was years ago, but I’m pretty sure both times we had to go through customs in the US.

We just landed at a normal gate at ATL and I connected to IND. Was really strange. Bahamas thing maybe? You probably could have brought a lot of illegal shit back. Bahamian security was not stopping much today. Had me go through a medal detector because the hand in a diamond above your hand swirl machine was acting up.

Side note, last night was not as fun as the night before. I got an email at midnight saying my flight to CLT was delayed, and because of it I would miss my connecting flight. The great folks at American said don't you worry, we have rescheduled you for a new flight! Wednesday at 6PM. So I'm on the beach half baked reading this, and start to panic. Wound up just booking another flight with Delta and asked American for a refund. Lucky to be back!

But the night before??? Columbians come to the Bahamas! You should have seen her ass.

I'll double down...

Hz-vuhx2kXGQAX4kLF0a54WFxy2qT9gfdtA3cJjEJFN8ccT8TmQsewocq4-Em7eMbdbCsU0Z0PFb73U=s1282-nd

I can't remember, and maybe it was a direct flight, but I seem to recall one time that I had a connection but didn't do customs until a final destination.

All this camera work, and you couldn't ask her to turn around?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Did you notice one of these at the airport?
article-2140710-12F7B8BD000005DC-994_468x286.jpg
I don't know if it's true, but someone once told me that dogs at airports are strictly for explosives. The reasoning they gave is, they wouldn't want to stop someone (as a hypothetical, let's call him Cav) for some pot, and then let the terrorist behind him through in the melee. No idea if it's true. But, I do have intimate knowledge of someone I know who brought some edibles back from Denver and walked right past a dog at Denver International, while sweating profusely.

I don't know if it's true, but someone once told me that dogs at airports are strictly for explosives. The reasoning they gave is, they wouldn't want to stop someone (as a hypothetical, let's call him Cav) for some pot, and then let the terrorist behind him through in the melee. No idea if it's true. But, I do have intimate knowledge of someone I know who brought some edibles back from Denver and walked right past a dog at Denver International, while sweating profusely.
100% dog don’t sniff for it. I have walked passed numerous domestically and don’t even flinch at this point. Internationally? Who knows.

Reactions: kkott

Do you mean District of Columbians?

Or Colombians?

Friend of mine's daughter married a Colombian. Took four years and loads of American dollars to get him a green card, then naturalized citizenship. He turned out to be . . . not much. She supported him through several ill-advised business ventures, then divorced him.

Do you mean District of Columbians?

Or Colombians?

Friend of mine's daughter married a Colombian. Took four years and loads of American dollars to get him a green card, then naturalized citizenship. He turned out to be . . . not much. She supported him through several ill-advised business ventures, then divorced him.
I think we're pretty safe in assuming Cav isn't marrying this gal. Disaster averted!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT