ADVERTISEMENT

Curry

Ooof, that’s a pretty backhanded “analysis” of our chances with Curry. Still a long way from respect with the “experts.”

Everyone knows the 3 best programs in the nation are Alabama, OSU & Clemson. If someone doesn't know this, one only need listen only for about 18 seconds on any radio or tv college football discussion before the media will point out this fact. It must be nice for these schools the way the media helps them recruit

Recruits need to realize Nick Saban will probably retire sooner rather than later. When he does retire, there will be great speculation Dabo Swinney will leave Clemson to return to his alma mater. This means any young man being recruited by Alabama or Clemson should consider whether the current coaching regime will be there the full time the recruit attends said institution.

This leaves OSU. Seemingly they have led for Curry's services from day one.

IU and CTA have something very special cooking. I would hope any recruit can see it. If they prefer to go elsewhere, I wish them well. There are qualified players who want to attend IU, and we will welcome them with open arms!

Everyone knows the 3 best programs in the nation are Alabama, OSU & Clemson. If someone doesn't know this, one only need listen only for about 18 seconds on any radio or tv college football discussion before the media will point out this fact. It must be nice for these schools the way the media helps them recruit

Recruits need to realize Nick Saban will probably retire sooner rather than later. When he does retire, there will be great speculation Dabo Swinney will leave Clemson to return to his alma mater. This means any young man being recruited by Alabama or Clemson should consider whether the current coaching regime will be there the full time the recruit attends said institution.

IU and CTA have something very special cooking. I would hope any recruit can see it. If they prefer to go elsewhere, I wish them well. There are qualified players who want to attend IU, and we will welcome them with open arms!

Where we may have an edge over "the" o$u is that we have a position tailored to him... If he plays the "Bull" position he'll be working to his pass rushing and disruptive strengths without having to be asked to put on a lot of extra weight and showcasing his talent at basically two positions (within one) for the pro scouts... Plus, if he's part of the Team that wins the Big Ten Championship he'll never have to pay for his own beer for the rest of his life... 🍺

As it stands now, it's Ohio State and everyone else.

We're definitely in the second group, but Ohio State is definitely in the lead here and we've got some ground to make up.

• Sad
Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13

All true, BUT, if we're going to take the next step--which we have a chance to do in the next several seasons--we need players like Curry to begin choosing us once in awhile(at least). We've definitely made progress in this area--we have their attention, but we need to make even more progress to get to the promised land. Were on the right track, no doubt.

Last edited:
All true, BUT, if we're going to take the next step--which we have a chance to do in the next several seasons--we need players like Curry to begin choosing us once in awhile(at least). We've definitely made progress in this area--we have their attention, but we need to make even more progress to get the promised land. Were on the right track, no doubt.
Couldn't agree more.

A Curry signing would get IU onto the cusp of elite level recruiting because that would suggest a class with a high 4* talent with more 4*s behind him leading the class.

As compared to now where the trend has been a 4* lead with high / high-mid 3* following.

As compared to 10 years ago where a high-mid 3* was the lead with low 3* following.

I'm not saying a team HAS to be loaded with 4 & 5* players every year to compete. But it certainly gives more slack for the "misses," meaning if you expected me to be a 505 lb bencher presser, but I underperform and only give you 450, I think we could learn to live with that kind of disappointment.

Like others added, if IU has another great year, and could go into OSU game undefeated and playing for essentially B10 - East for sure - and pull off the upset, think then IU would be seen as having turned a corner. Then maybe it becomes more real, and chance to flip him increases.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Couldn't agree more.

A Curry signing would get IU onto the cusp of elite level recruiting because that would suggest a class with a high 4* talent with more 4*s behind him leading the class.

As compared to now where the trend has been a 4* lead with high / high-mid 3* following.

As compared to 10 years ago where a high-mid 3* was the lead with low 3* following.

I'm not saying a team HAS to be loaded with 4 & 5* players every year to compete. But it certainly gives more slack for the "misses," meaning if you expected me to be a 505 lb bencher presser, but I underperform and only give you 450, I think we could learn to live with that kind of disappointment.

We already have a high 4 star talent in this class that kids are noticing....

Our official visit list is littered with four and high three stars. We'll get our fair share of quality kids this year.

We already have a high 4 star talent in this class that kids are noticing....

Our official visit list is littered with four and high three stars. We'll get our fair share of quality kids this year.
I hear ya with McCullough. But that one gets discounted some, IMO, because of the family connection. Like, I don't think anyone would've guessed he'd have flipped if his dad & brothers hadn't chosen IU too.

It's still special & a tremendous pickup, but it doesn't quite have the ring of a top of the line prospect picking IU purely on its own.

I hear ya with McCullough. But that one gets discounted some, IMO, because of the family connection. Like, I don't think anyone would've guessed he'd have flipped if his dad & brothers hadn't chosen IU too.

It's still special & a tremendous pickup, but it doesn't quite have the ring of a top of the line prospect picking IU purely on its own.

Kids don't care why he committed, they care that he committed. It has gotten their attention, or at least that is the rumor.

With the NCAA's new rules allowing one free transfer with immediate eligibility, recruits can leave when the coach does, so that eliminates all of the risk. The more interesting thing will be, what happens when players threaten to mass transfer if their coach gets fired...or the opposite?

Edit: I wonder if this will save athletic departments $$$ because they might not feel the need to extend coaches' contracts beyond four years which could prevent expensive buyouts.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Curry will either buy into the LEO/home team culture or he won’t- with the offers he has,he’s gonna have to believe that we have some special going on - whether him or the next in state stud,we are going to need to start winning more of these battles- wish him well whatever he decides is best for him,but sure hope he ends up a Hoosier.

I’ve seen every single game he’s played since he started game one of his freshman year. Do you guys know how rare that is in the MIC? I can’t tell you how big it would be if he chose to play at home. Kid is totally the real deal. And I’m not sure what a 5 star looks like if it’s not him.

Couldn't agree more.

Right, agreed. & to be clear--I say players LIKE Curry--Caden Curry is most likely going to Ohio State. Let's not tease ourselves & get our hopes up too high on this one(as tempting as it is to dream about him joining up with Dasan next year...wow what a thought), but he's the type of recruit that we need to keep in on & start landing at some point--the sooner the better.

ADVERTISEMENT